Were given the wrong room to start with - a single room when we'd booked two beds. After a trip back to reception this was rectified quickly. We did get a large corner room.
Our next room was on the back of the hotel where there are works currently going on. These works caused us no problems at all execpt limiting the view out of the windows. Luckily it was a corner room so we had a window that was not affected at all.
The toilet didn't stop flushing. We reported it on day one but it was day four, after reporting it multiple times in between, when it was fixed. We were only staying five nights!
For a hotel costing as much as this had we were disappointed.
The staff are very friendly. Our room maid left us extra items folling a note. Thank you.
There was a fire alarm whilst we were staying here. The speaker in our room told us there was an emergency and to listen out for the floor siren. We could not hear this floor siren until we were in the corridor. I had hoped you would hear this in the room as well.
The stairs led us straight into the lobby not to an outside door. We had not expected this as there could have been a fire in the lobby as well.
Staff went upstairs to check rooms as we were leaving. But no staff came to talk to the very group of guests stood on the street. None of us had any idea what was happening or how serious it was. We were all pleased that it was a false alarm.
The hotel is located only a few minutes from most sights in Boston including the freedom trail. Very safe area a night as there are several bars and restaurants that are open til late. The waterfront, Long Wharf, New England Aquarium, Faneuil Hall are all very close. The Custom House is round the corner. All of downtown Boston is walkable.
The hotel is in one of the best locations in the city. Can't fault the staff. I just felt that a Hilton could have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District