“Good Location.... Great Staff”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Location.... Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Perfect for seeing the city proper. Greeted by Ed at the entrance. Very friendly and helpful. Pointed us to a really good restaurant for dinner. Would definitely stay here again. Took a day trip to Salem utilizing the near by harbour boats. Very convenient to Fanuel Hall, the Freedom Trail, and the Commons.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This Hilton has a very good central location. You can reach by foot the main points of interest of Boston.

For the rest, nothing particular to declare. The Hilton quality : professional staff, functional great rooms (one bedroom suite), ... Of course, no breakfast included. For free internet, you need to go in the lobby (it’s better than nothing).

In few words : quite good value for money, no surprise.

Breakfast tip : at 0,6 mile, the North Street Grill (229 North Street).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had a great room and stay at this Hilton.

However, the thing that stood out to me the most was the service. As I was getting out of my cab, I noticed that my Blackberry was no longer in my pocket as the cab was driving off. However, Bobby (doorman) noticed my dillemma and literally ran the cab down 100 yards and got my Blackberry back. He said that he had seen that he just knew what the look on my face was about and he wanted to help. It's a great hotel run by service oriented employees in the heart of Boston.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fryeburg Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is not only beautiful but comfortable and all the employees are so nice and helpful. I had a great night stay. When I got there the valet man, Barry, was so kind to me and helped me with everything. Then I went across the street to the Vintage Lounge for dinner and drinks with my mother, it was delicious. We walked around downtown Boston chatting with everyone around, people were so nice. The mattresses and bedding were so comfy!! I def recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel is very old and is not up to the standards of most Hilton hotels. The hallways had damaged wallpaper, my toilet did not work properly, the door to my room kept jamming, and there were other miscellaneous problems with the property and my room.

I was disappointed that diamond members don't get much perks here as I was not upgraded to a bigger room and there is no executive lounge onsite. The attached bar is pretty good and has many patrons on the weekends, but I found the staff to be unfriendly and inattentive both during drink service and at breakfast.

The location is okay but if you are staying in Boston on vacation, I would think the Backbay area would be much more desirable than the financial district. Finally when leaving, the poor doorman had a heck of time getting a cab for us at 8am on a Sunday morning (not sure if this normally is a problem).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel was under construction when we were there on Easter weekend so our view was plastic tarp and scaffolding. Restaurant was terrible for breakfast - service and food. All other staff were great! Location is terrific and great pubs and restaurants in walking distance.

Would stay again based on location and see if things are better with construction finished.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian_D_Martens, Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for commenting on your stay. Our exterior project, which is resetting the bricks on our 1928 landmark building (the first Art Deco building in Boston) is 95% complete. Going forward, there will never be a white plastic tarp covering any windows as you experieinced back in April. Also, our brand new restaurant, which opened about that time, has made major strides. We are quite proud of the menu and team. I'm excited to share your other compliment with the staff. We hope we will see you again soon.
Brian Martens
Director of Operations
Pacific Palisades, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a great location near the Harbor and within easy walking to almost everything. The room was a bit small and the bed was saggy on one side. The bathroom was average size, and one of the faucets constantly leaked. We did like the view. Room 1418 has a connecting door to the next room so we could hear our neighbors talking. Fortunately it was only occupied for one of the nights we were there. There was road work on the Broad Street side of the Hilton so it was noisy especially in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 1418 is good because of the view looking East. The latch on one of the windows doesn't clo...