“Excellent location to kick off New England tour.”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Walking distance from everything you are likely to want to see in a stop over tour, this hotel is a great introduction to Boston. Didn't eat there but plenty of good value meal options all around. As with most cities parking fees are racey at around 40 dollars per night but other than that a sound base to reach Quincy markets, harbour and the freedom trail.

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,070)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

this hotel was disappointing. The room was on the small side there was no easy chair to sit and read only a desk and chair there were two double beds and a chest of drawers with a large tv on top plus ensuite. the staff were wonderful especially the reception staff and the doormen. however the food and drinks were extremely expensive $6 for a latte. Superb area to stay close to everything. I was disappointed that the wi-fi was no free as it was in our homewood suites hotel this is also by Hilton, Lots of irish pubs in the area good food and entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic location and very friendly staff. They were handing us water bottles as we entered and exited. We lucked into a corner room so had a huge room. I do think it's crazy that the more inexpensive hotels have free wi-fi but you have to pay at the Hilton. We were at a Hampton Inn the night before and had free wi-fi and breakfast. To be fair, the coffee cups in the room were disposable at the Hampton.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Boston Hilton Downtown during our honeymoon and found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful. The location is superb - everything is within walking distance and there are good local Irish bars near the hotel. Would love to stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were a group of 3 adults and booked a suite with two queen beds with parlor with sofa bed. On arrival they informed us that they had only a king bed suite available so they offered us – free of charge !– a second additional king- bedded room, albeit on a different floor. I found this to be very generous and a great way to treat their guests.

As to the rooms, the suite was really good. Quite spacious, big screen TV, very comfortable bed and nice parlor area. Bathroom was big too. The regular king-bed room was also good in size, with a very big bathroom. Only down side for the suite, was that it was surrounded on the outside by scaffolding. It wasn’t a big problem for us, it was the weekend and no one worked, but of course you couldn’t see almost anything from the window. I think it would be better to mention it when you book.

As to the hotel in general, the décor is quite classic and I found it to be quite elegant. Service was good too. On arrival bellman promptly took our luggage and front desk staff was quick and polite. It is a big hotel, but we felt personnel was nonetheless attentive and prompt.

Ate breakfast only once at the hotel restaurant. We took the continental buffet which is actually quite limited, basically two small tables, though every item from the fruit to the muffins was delicious, but don’t expect the usual grand buffet Hilton-style. They also have hot items for an additional price. In any case, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and many others are in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so we ate our breakfasts there the following days.

Location is also a plus here: 5 min walk to the Aquarium, less than 10 min to Faneuil Hall.

To sum it up, I enjoyed the hotel and the room and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here on points, arriving on a Sunday night. The location is excellent, though it was pretty dead on Sunday. I'll skip a review of Boston and the environs and focus just on the hotel. The greeter at the door was pleasant and helpful with finding a place to eat that had wifi. The front desk was efficient enough. I was pleasantly surprised by both the size and furnishings in my "free" room. I was on the 5th floor, so there was no view. But from the moment I walked in, I felt as though I was in a suite: tall ceilings add to the feeling of spaciousness, all the furniture felt brand new, and the room was just very spacious. The hotel is in a very old building that must've been gutted and renovated, but my room was devoid of "old building" quirks. I'm not sure if this is in all newly renovated Hiltons, but I love the new headboard feature that incorporates three or four pinpoint halogen reading lights that're operated by a switch on the side of the headboard: great for reading a Kindle. The gym is in the basement--currently accessed by a rather obscure stairwell as there was an elevator issue--and was large and pleasant. I believe it was a Fitness by Precor room. All I did was cardio (and I barely did that!), but there is a rack of weights and a few benches as well. One major disappointment is that the breakfast (comped for me due to HH Gold status) doesn't open until 7:00am. Really? In a financial district hotel that almost certainly caters to business travelers, it doesn't open 'til 7:00?!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shlevine
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The best things about this hotel are the location, and the comfortable beds. Very centrally located, so you can walk just about everywhere. The beds are fantastic. Small-ish rooms, but that's what you're apt to get with any gorgeous old hotel. The only problem I had was with the air conditioning, which made noise all night. Overall a good experience, though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business