“Awesome!!!”

Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay here at the Hilton boston downtown district hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were wonderful. We have stayed here numerous times and will continue to stay here. The Valet were great, especially Barry! He was right there when we needed our car and did it in a quick matter!!! Looking forward to our next trip here!

• Stayed: July 2012
Grady C, General Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for the lovely compliments on our hotel and on Barry – I can’t wait to share your feedback with him. We are so lucky to have individuals like him on our dedicated team. As you and your husband have already discovered, you really can’t go wrong with our comfortable rooms and committed, cheerful staff, never mind the central location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Grady

There are newer reviews for Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here for two days and found the location to be a good one for easy access to shopping, the waterfront, Faneuil hall and the freedom trail. Not too far from Boston commons. Had a great time. Would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for coming to stay with us, and I hope you will join us again! This area has weeks’ worth of shopping and attractions to discover, and I hope you’ll get a chance to explore them again soon. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit. Best regards, Grady

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great hotel, good location. But tonight we are in the room watching the opening of the olympics. Big surprise, no minibar, no room service menu. I'm thirsty and starving. Obviously things are a little out of shape due to renovation.

• Stayed: July 2012

I’m glad you found our hotel to be generally pleasant, and the location certainly can’t be beat. I’m sorry that your Olympic viewing experience was hampered by your hungriness and that you missed out on our awesome room service because your menu was gone missing. Every room normally has them, and we’ve recently issued new menus with some wonderful new additions to them. Please always feel free to call the front desk and let them assist you in ordering a meal or a snack. We can definitely accommodate requests like that, and with enthusiasm – we love the Olympics too, and did you know we’re actually a sponsor? Go Team USA!
I hope we get to welcome you back soon, and til then safe travels. Cheers, Grady

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The two doormen, Barry and Chris, were phenomenal. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. They were knowledgable about the city and gave us great recommendations. Anything we needed they provided, from the best way to get around the city to calling us a taxi to go to the airport at the end. It was a great experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

I’m so delighted to hear that you had a great stay – that’s why we all do what we do, to make your day and hear feedback like that. Barry and Chris will be really proud to hear your compliments. They are both great assets to our wonderful team; they are both very knowledgeable, professional, and truly caring individuals. I hope we see you again soon, and til then happy travels. Best, Grady

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is by far the smallest room I have ever had. You could almost stand next to one wall and touch the opposite wall. Okay--I exaggerate a bit! At one point, I stepped the size of the room off--I believe, it took 12 steps for my size 12 foot to get to the other side (but, this was in May, and I could be off by a step or two). They had to put the bathroom door on a slant because otherwise it would hit the door to the room. Speaking of doors, you could see people walking by in the hallway underneath the door--it was cut way too short. This also made for a noisy stay. For the price, I was not impressed with any aspect of this hotel, and I believe there are many better choices. The furniture, carpeting, drapes and other furnishings did not "feel" clean, and or totally serviceable. Perhaps they were just old and in need of updating. You just can't get comfortable in accomodations like this. This was not what I expect from a Hilton Hotel.

Service was very lack-lustre as well. At one point, we needed to go buy toothbrushes--they didn't offer us any when we discovered that some toilettries had been mistakenly left at home. But, they sent us to a nearby Rite-Aid (I believe) that was already closed by the time we got there...the concierge really should have known that. There was always an extremely long wait for Bell service to bring the car around; and they would never look at you, so you didn't know if they heard what you were saying or not!!! When you pulled the car up, they would yell at you to just leave the keys in the car. I'm sure that practice will stop after a thief is walking by and happens hear that tidbit of info.

We ate in the lobby restuarant once--it was fine. I do not really remember anything spectacular about it, except, for a big guy (6'5"), I found the seating to be very uncomfortable. But, for average sized people, it might be fine.

But, the worse part about our stay was that I am supposed to be a well respected "status" Hilton Honors member. For my loyalty to the Hilton chain, I was afforded a room with a view of a roof, on an inside corridor--I hope it was one of the worst rooms in the hotel. Upon check-in, I requested the upgrade I'm supposed to be entitled to if they are available. But, before I could even get my request out good, I could see the young, and trained (as in Pavlov) desk attendant running over his well rehearsed company line in his head. He promptly told me that the hotel was filled to the brim and there were no upgrades available--eventhough this is a business hotel, and it was a Friday afternoon, at a time at a business hotel when all the business folks have checked out already, and are eagerly on their way home--I know this, because, this is normally me!!! I really do not appreciate people telling me a patent lie.

Room Tip: Unless there is a compelling reason to stay at this hotel, i would find a different place to stay
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigger32
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. We walked to quincy market and down to the commons one night. They hotel made us reservations at King Fish Hall and then sent over a complimentary dessert. It was the perfect start to the New year. Only problem, the room is small so be prepared for that. All and all Great hotel!

Room Tip: Be prepared for a small room. Hard to keep luggage open and be in the room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grady C, General Manager at Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing us and sharing your feedback. I am so glad that our concierge helped you enjoy some of the sightseeing areas and great restaurants around us. I regret to hear that your room was smaller than your liking. Should you visit us again, keep in mind we have 66 spacious suites available for upgrades if you’re someone who likes a lot of extra room to move around in! Best regards and thanks again, Grady

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great location rooms are really nice. Everything within walking distance makes this hotel the perfect location. Don't miss little Italy it's some of the best food we've had. Bellman Eddie was great and really went out of way to help us. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, and I’m glad you took advantage of the many sights within walking distance of our prime location. I look forward to passing your compliment on to Eddie, who will be so glad to hear it. We’re really lucky to have dedicated individuals like him on our team. I hope life brings you our way again soon, and til then, safe travels. Grady