I have to say that whilst there are some very nice things to say about this hotel, I also have a few gripes about my stay.
I found the staff, on the whole, to be helpful and friendly. Check in was a little perfunctory, but they were very busy, and desk staff at other times couldn't have been more helpful. Still, nonetheless, it's the little things that count.
The decor is fine and the old deco style a welcome change.
The room I had was a nice, spacious corner room with windows on two sides, giving a nicely different feel than the more typical clone-stamp box that you can get in downtown hotels sometime. I suspect that this is to do with the fact that the hotel is a conversion from an old deco building and, also, that as a Diamond HH member, I got a "space" upgrade (no executive floor).
On the whole, the room had all of the facilities I needed, although a refrigerator would have been a nice extra to have had. There was a space in a cupboard where it looks like one had been, at some time, but it was no longer.
The room was quiet, in the main, but there was a lot of intrusive noise from the corridor at times and, then, in the morning, there were workmen out on scaffolding outside the room, chatting and working with machine tools. Not so quiet, then. A lie in was out of the question, noise-wise.
I was not told this at check in.
For the time being, guests should be aware of renovation works on one side of the building and that this means you will have intrusive noise at work times. Not good.
Decor in the room was welcoming but the carpet wasn't in the greatest of conditions (some stains etc). Decor in the corridors etc was a little plain and "old".
Internet was OK, but not all that fast.
I found the application of the Honours Diamond on-property benefits to be a little "by the book" and I did not really appreciate being charged an $8 uplift in order to have some eggs and bacon from the breakfast buffet (only your continental breakfast is complimentary by-the-book). In all honesty, this could have been given for free (as many places do) and the hotel would not have lost money. So I feel the $8 was a little "money grabbing". Especially as my rate was not so cheap in the first place.
I have to say that I thought the breakfast buffet wasn't all that great. Limited in choice (hot and/or cold).
Valet parking was in the order of $40 for one night. I felt this was steep on top of what wasn't a particularly cheap room rate. The perils of a downtown location?
Speaking of which, I didn't find the location a problem. My satnav got me there immediately. Boston seemed a small, compact place to wander around and I walked most of it in a morning. So you can easily get to, for instance, the main attractions and restaurants. OK, they may not be on the doorstep, but they are not all that far away.
So, I have to say, my final opinion was "not bad, but not great, either".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 as Boston, Massachusetts' first Art Deco skyscraper, the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall hotel is the ideal blend of historic charm and modern flair. The hotel is centrally located downtown just two blocks from the Harbor and near many attractions, dining and shopping options. The Hilton is a premier 4-Diamond full-service hotel with 403 deluxe guestrooms & suites. It features Fin Point Oyster Bar & Grille serving subtly sophisticated regional cuisine, and a comfortable bar and lounge. The Hilton also features a brand new, state-of-the-art fitness center and over 10,000 sq. Ft of meeting space. At the Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall our team is committed to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Downtown / Financial District Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Hilton Boston Financial District