“Good food, great Service”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: Northern Avenue & Seaport Lane
Transit: World Trade Center Silver Line
Shirley, Massachusetts
“Good food, great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Started the evening in the BAR area. Bartenders were very good, fast friendly service. The drinks (Vodka cran, crown ginger, jack and coke) came out good, neither weak or too strong.

Hostess and Host were great, got us a table with our request. Finally a steak night without either a young or old guy that clearly doesn't want to be there. We got a very nice friendly waitress that knew what she was doing and came across as very happy to be there. This was a sign of good things to come as the entire staff was very service oriented. Other servers and staff came by our table along with other tables assisting one another. It meant you didn't have to have a dirty plate or an empty drink for very long on the table. It is something I experience when going to high end steak houses in Chicago, New York etc but seems lost on places in Boston.

Apps were very flavorful, we had crab cake, oysters, tuna tower.

Main course I had bone-in Veal chop (black and blue), another person had theirs medium, a bone in rib eye medium rare for another and sirloin medium rare for last person. All came out as asked, properly seasoned. Amazing taste, so tender.

Had sides of spinach, scalloped potatoes, asparagus. The asparagus was the let down of the night, little over cooked and hidden in the balsamic glaze. The others were good.

Desert was a Creme Brulee, with various cordials.

Had an Italian wine as well to share during main course.

The service was outstanding, the steaks were great with a slight miss on the sides. It was well worth the cost even though it had the highest per person cost thus far of the 7 Boston steak houses we have been to as a group.

1 Thank Nasren

• Turkish first
Easton, Massachusetts
“Mini Reunion for High School Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a mini reunion with my close high school buddies. The reservation was for 6:30pm on a Saturday night. The Seaport area was very vibrant and had a lot of energy. The restaurant was busy, but not overwhelmed. We had seafood appetizers and each had different steaks. The steaks were cooked perfectly. The waiter was attentive and helpful. In my opinion, he was a little overly familiar, which isn't really my preference, but it was okay. All in all, it was a fantastic experience, and we would all say it was a great time.

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Superb food, great service by Levi - what's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were greeted nicely. Nice ambiance. The New York Strip Steak I ordered was cooked to perfection - medium. The cut of meat was tender and perfect. The salads and side dish of potatoes au gratin were excellent. My companion's filet was also cooked perfectly - medium rare. I would go as far as to say the steak I ate was the best I have had in my life.

Service by Levi was excellent. Very friendly without being overbearing - never had to ask to refill a glass of water. They just check in on you every 7 or 8 minutes to see if everything is ok and if you need anything. Perfect.

Yes - it is pricey. For me I would go here on a special occasion. But I don't mind paying top dollar when the food and service is so good. As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for."

Maceio, AL
“Close to perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

If you want to eat the best stake, you obviously have to pay for it, but it is worth every penny. I have been here before and always the quality remains at the same high level.
Waiters are kind, attentive and do their job in a impeccably way. I would like to thanks Tristan, who was our personal waiter for doing such a great job!
I would recommend without any doubt the 22 oz rib eye steak, very close to perfection. So tasty and well cooked, it melted in my month every single bit.
As long as they keep offering the same outstanding service, I will be a regular customer!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Los Angeles, CA
“Reliably Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The service was great. As always, I think Morton's is overpriced but it's good if you're on an expense account. I wouldn't come here on vacation... I'd want something with more of a local feel.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LPF

Been to Morton's - The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!