“**This review based on bag holding policy**” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“**This review based on bag holding policy**”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I called Hyatt after I had to deal with a bad service at Hilton. I called Matt Stewart that I am a platinum member and I just need them to hold a bag for me just a few hours. He has a really good service mind and told me to come anytime. THAT's what i'm talking about great service!! I guess I'll be switching to stay at Hyatt more just because of this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank opalka90
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello, thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review. I am delighted to hear we were able to accomnodate your bags. We always strive to accomodate any needs that our guests may have. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We came to Boston for a family wedding that was being held at the Hyatt over the 4th of July weekend. We arrived July 3 to spend time with family and to sightsee. We were informed right away by the manager (via email) that as a hurricane was headed our way the fireworks were being moved to that night. It gave us time to plan a great night with our extended family and our new nephew's family. (Thanks Michael)! We had upgraded to an upper floor Harbour View room and it was worth every cent. Our room was clean, well appointed, comfortable and the view from the 15th floor was breathtaking. As I looked out the window the morning of July 4 we were met with the sight of the USS Constitution in full sale. A once in a lifetime event. Later (just before the rain) we took the water taxi and as we headed to Long Wharf we found ourself part of the Constitution's flotilla as it headed back to port....22 gun salute and all. We returned via water taxi water as the weather started turning ugly. I decided to avoid the weather that was heading our way and booked dinner at the hotel restaurant that night. Their chowder was awesome and was a staple while we were there including at the wedding. We love our chowder and their recipe we all agreed was great. I had a Lobster roll that night which was yummy also. Speaking of the weather although it stormed outside it was quiet and comfortable and when I saw how close the airport runway was I was shocked that we never heard jets. The wedding was beautiful, the weather cooperated so we had a beautiful sunset view at the start of the reception, food was very good, and the people who took care of us at the wedding and during our stay were always more than accommodating. We are going back for an overnight later this month and I can't wait. The shuttle was so convenient as was the water taxi. My only wish is that wifi will be included in the future.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for Harbour view, upper floor. Our floor was quiet and the view was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Haven, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are looking for a luxury hotel in Boston, or even a very nice hotel, don't be fooled into thinking that this hotel fits the bill because of the price. While commanding a price comparable with other high-end hotels in Boston, this hotel is dated and not clean. Immediately upon pulling up to this hotel we noticed how dated the hotel was. Also, while it is on the harbor, it is on the industrial side of the harbor, and immediately abuts the airport. We were able to see the FedEx plane coming and going - not what I was expecting! The lobby was muddy when we arrived, which was both odd and disappointing as it was not raining. Also, while the staff were all wonderful, we were disappointed by the lack of attention or interaction by the bartenders - particularly in light of the prices (over $10 for a Grey Goose and Club Soda). Our room was spacious and "updated," however, the bathroom was not clean. There were cup marks on the shelving behind the toilet, and the tissues were STUFFED into the holder (different colors, too, which made me question the cleanliness!). I love Hyatt hotels, I am a Hyatt Platinum card holder; however, this hotel was the most disappointing of all I have ever stayed in. For the price, stay at another hotel in Boston - others we have stayed at offer better amenities, and feel like the "luxury" you are paying for. I really hope that, as a Platinum cardholder (which also means I used 15,000 points for this experience!!), that Hyatt cares enough to contact me to discuss this.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I would love to speak with you further about your experience. I can be reached at 617-568-1234 or email michael.hickey@hyatt.com
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night prior to a flight out of Logan.

Good location right next to the water taxi if you want to go into the city.

Rooms were fine, although our room had two double beds, which were a little too small for us. Hallway was a little noisy during the night.

We arrived after dinner and there was no place just to get a coffee or tea, but the hostess at the restaurant made us tea at no charge.

Shuttle runs every 15 minutes 24/7.

Added benefit. You are a 5 - 10 minute cab ride to Santarpio's in East Boston for the best pizza in the city.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful, the view of Boston is fantastic! Although the hotel is non-smoking, my room smelled as though it had been a smoking room at one time. Other than the odor, my stay was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello and thank you for the taking a moment to write a review about your stay. I am sorry that your room smelled a little smoky, we have been a non smoking hotel for a number of years now. I will forward this information to the appropriate departments to make them aware. I am glad the rest of your stay with us was pleasurable.
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stay at the new, ultra-quiet Hyatt Regency Logan Hotel on the airport side of the tunnels--thus avoiding traffic and any hassle or stress making your flight out. The rooms are new and well appointed. Quiet, but do include ear-plugs, just in case. And if the stirring views of Boston across the harbor motivate you to take a trip over to check it out--there is a water taxi right from the back of the hotel over to Long wharf.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The location was a big plus for my wife and myself as we were flying home the next day and wanted a hotel close to Logan. The rooms were dead quite with no sounds from Logan and the view of Boston from our room and the Harbor Side restaurant was fantastic. They offer a water taxi service to Boston with taxis going about every 10 to 15 minutes till 10:00pm.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that your experience was a good one and hope that we have the opportunity to delight you again in the future!