“Amazing Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was able to stay at the Hyatt Boston Harbor while I was in town for a conference. The room was very clean. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and the front desk was incredibly helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. There is a restaurant available on site and public transportation is just a (24 hour) courtesy shuttle away. It's a must stay and I will return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank XCRunner_10
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am always happy to hear when our guests have a pleasant stay. Your comments echo what I have been hearing from many of our guests. I certainly hope if your travels bring you back to the Boston area, we have the opportunity to delight you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have been to the Hyatt on several occasions for early morning flights. My granddaughter has traveled with me a few times and she loves to stay overnight at the Hyatt and get room service. If we have an early flight it's a must for my 12 year old granddaughter.

Room Tip: I love the Hyatt Hotel for early morning flights. I have used this hotel several times in the past...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here twice - and shame on me for coming back ! The internet doesn't work and they keep your call on hold for 15 minutes. The in-room dining food is really bad and unhealthy. There was construction noise just above my room the last time. The staff at the restaurant downstairs is positively unfriendly. All in all, if you are a business traveler, skip this place - it will give you a bad start to your business !!

Room Tip: Ask for the harbor view room - but then you will end up getting ripped off by another 40$. Really, j...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Ajay A
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am disapointed to hear of your overall experience at our hotel and would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to call me anytime at 617-568-1234 or by email michael.hickey@hyatt.com.
Taipei
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here in May and although the room was comfortable with great views our stay was marred by the Elephants upstairs and assorted buffoons holding late-night corridor conversations on our Quiet Zone floor.The hotel itself is remote requires a bus/shuttle bus/water taxi to go anywhere.The meal we had one evening in the hotel was very nice and I would recommend the hotel restaurant.The staff we encountered were all very professional.As to breakfast-don't bother we had breakfast on our last day-abysmal to say the least.Would we stay here again?Probably not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Harbour
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear about your dining experience and even more pleased to hear about our staff. I am disapointed you had an awful time with some noise issues but would like to let you know we are embarking on a room renovation towards the end of this year that plans on addressing a lot of those sound issues. We would love to have you back for a second chance once the rooms are complete.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have flown into Boston on multiple trips and have mistakenly stayed at several local hotels until I lucked into The Hyatt !! This is my fourth stay at this great hotel. We enjoyed drinking in the skyline over a glass of red sitting at one of their many outdoor firepits and watching the beautiful sunset. Afterwards we did our usual...taking the water taxi to the North End and having the best fried clams in the USA at The Sail Loft. ( I know...I know.. it's kinda a local sports barish place and why would we chose there when there is SO many wonderful Italian eateries) but we love it. We did visit those other great places when my daughter attended HBS.Oh yeah, we took the hotel shuttle to the hotel and then the next day to the rental car center to pick up my car for a two week vaca to celebrate my 65th!!!.

Room Tip: You absolutely can't beat the nightime view overlooking the river!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Balt MD
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business meeting and was able to go onto Boston via very fun water taxi great location it sits right on the harbor next to the water taxi stand. I had several meals here each one was great from clam chowder on my own to the normally blah conference food that was surprisingly excellent.

Rooms are not very soundproofed contrary to website I ha them move me from the room next to the ice machine on the 8 the floor. I could hear that run on the room and it extended down the hallway. New room about 10 doors down I couldn't hear it inside the room. The ac unit cuts on and it was noisy I just turned the temp up so it would go off. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well taken care of.

I do have to compliment the staff everyone was very professional and attentive I would have to say I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hello, thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and were able to utilize the convenience of the water taxi. I'm also delighted to hear your feedback about your food experience while here. I do regret you had some issue with noise in and around your room. We are scheduled to undergo a room renovation later this year to address many of the issues you mentioned. I hope if you are back in the Boston area again, our hotel will be your first choice.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is not your typically airport hotel. There is a beautiful view of the Boston harbor and no airplane noise from my sleeping room. The outdoor patio is a wonderful spot to catch the sunset and there is easy access to water taxis. The food for the meeting rooms was creative and provided healthy choices. The menu for outdoor eating is the same as room service and frankly was lacking a bit in variety. First hotel in Boston ever not to find crab cakes on the menu. Minor maintence issue in room very quickly resolved, which was much appreciated

Room Tip: Have been to this hotel several trips and franky have never had a bad room. There is no airport noi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business