“Incredible view”

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Make sure you have a room with a view of the harbor. Absolutely incredible! The skyline of Boston constantly changes with the rising and setting sun, and the lights at night are beautiful. I didn't want to sleep 'cause I didn't want to miss anything. It was a good thing that I didn't mind the sleepless night. The mattress was awful. Just plain lumpy. Got up with a bad backache. But loved the view, both from the room and from the indoor/outdoor restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank infowebb
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here in March for a business conference. Excellent location for travellers converging on Boston. Shuttle bus from the Airport brings you direct to the hotel. 30 Minutes landing you are in your room. The Hotel is a typical business hotel and is kept to a good standard. Service is excellent. The rooms are modern, spacious and clean,. You can take the water Taxi from the back of the Hotel across the bay into the down town area of Boston, Nice experience with great views of the Harbour and also practical.
Overall a good experience and would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a Harbour view looking towards Boston. Otherwise you will be looking a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Xing-jia-bi
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel was terrific in almost every way. The location is stunning, on Boston Harbor across from the Boston waterfront, and it is, of course, at the airport and therefore particularly convenient for travelers. We returned to the hotel after 10 pm on the night we arrived and were able to get a delicious meal in the lounge until midnight. The service, from the front desk to the bell hops to the airport shuttle bus driver, was delivered efficiently and enthusiastically. Also, we took the water taxi to Boston for lunch and returned the same way, and while the taxi is not run by the Hyatt, the staff told us how to take it.

Our one real complaint was that on the day we were checking out, we were making our final preparations to leave the room and had forgotten to put the chain on the door. A man who was a member of the staff opened the door without knocking and with the "Privacy" notice in the key slot, presumably because he thought we had already checked out (it was 11:30 am, and check-out is at noon). Although he left immediately when he saw his mistake, such behavior is inexcusable, particularly in a good hotel such as the Hyatt. The front desk, however, was deeply apologetic and tried to figure out who done this, a gesture we appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Boston Harbor and the Boston waterfront. The view is unbeatable.
2  Thank RoberSam
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am thrilled to hear that our staff provided top-notch service throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments so that they know their efforts were appreciated. I will also be sure to discuss your comments with our Executive Housekeeper, to prevent any future mishaps. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was nice. Front desk staff was accomodating, the bellhop was very helpful as well. The rooms were clean and the hotel had outstanding views. Skip the restaurant - Harborside Grill. You can read my review specifically on the restaurant below, but there's a lot of great restaurants across the harbor in Boston, and it's a $20 water taxi ride for a couple to get over to them. Go there. The service and management in the Harborside Grill left the worst taste in our mouth, and we are hardly snobs when it comes to service in restaurants. My level of tolerance is high, because I am very forgiving towards servers having worked in a restaurant for about 10 years when I was younger. That said, I can't say that there was any part of the meal that the server deserved praise on. This was a bad deal all around. Like I said, water taxi over, spend the $40 round trip to avoid this place. General manager - feel free to contact me directly if you want some constructive criticism - I stayed in Room 822 on the night of 5/31/13 - my cell phone number is on file.

We couldn't have asked for a better table in the restaurant out on the patio overlooking a beautiful sunset. We sat there for about 20 minutes before our server came over, and had to ask the busser to bring her over. Sat another 20 minutes for her to bring our drinks - one beer and one mixed drink. She brought the wrong beer and didn't bring out the mixed drink - said that they were out of the alcohol for it - weird because the table next to us in another section ordered a few of them and got them while we waited. Another 40 minutes for our food - which was fine, but she messed up the side items. Never asked us if we wanted an additional drink. No apoligies for being in the weeds and dropping the ball. Elizabeth just made excuses (she never introduced herself, just her name on the check...). All in all an awful dining experience that had potential. It's hard for me to leave a review this poor with 10 years of server experience in restaurants when I was younger, but this couldn't have been a worse experience, and we did tell the restaurant manager, who gave a half-hearted apology, and really didn't acknowledge the service

1  Thank mjpdee
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the comments about your recent stay. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve our service for future guests. I am extremely troubled to hear of your experience in our restaurant. That is certainly not the type of service we aim to provide, and as such I have removed your dining charges from your room. Please feel free to contact me directly at 617-568-6000 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were in Boston for just two days and one night taking advantage of a JetBlue promotional rate. Called for the shuttle at Logan, checked into our room, all within 30 minutes. 30 minutes later we were at the Boston Harbor via water taxi, and a short walk to Quincy Market and Fanuil Hall. The nice folks at the check in allowed us early access to our room and called to make certain that a water taxi would be standing by at the station which is just behind the hotel. We had breakfast in the hotel dining room which has a stunning view of the Boston Harbor. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and a fabulous view. Noise from jets was not an issue. The Hyatt was a very good choice for us.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently traveled to Boston on Tuesday 5/28/13 to see a Red Sox game with a friend and enjoy Boston. I did quite a bit of research reading comments like these as I considered staying close to Fenway. I decided to stay at the Hyatt Boston Harbor after reading some great comments, I wanted to see the view across the harbor, and I felt familiar enough with the subway that I didn't mind using it. The comments I read about hotels close to Fenway were all over the place.

I had a great time and would highly recommend this hotel. Every single employee treated me with a great deal of respect, this is a rare thing these days. The food was excellent as well. I had a room facing the airport and while I was watching planes take off I couldn't hear them at all. I was able to check in a little early which really helped my afternoon plans.

The view was stunning and the outdoor lounge area is a welcome end of day visit. I used the shuttle bus twice and both times only waited about 10 minutes.

Try the lobster omelette if you are there for breakfast, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: One side of building has great views of Boston Harbor, the other side has views of the airport if th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent here! Our airport view is often passed over in favor of the view of the harbor, and it is always nice to hear when someone enjoys the unique viewing experience it provides. We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Fenway!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had an overnight stay on this airport hotel on 16MAY13.. Our initial experience was horrible. The shuttle bus never arrived even though I had informed in my reservation our flight and my time of arrival. It was about 9:00pm and we had to call the hotel for the shuttle service. It then finally arrived and from there on, everything went smoothly. Shuttle driver was very helpful, check in very easy and room very clean. We had a small dinner on the restaurant Harborside Grill and breakfast. Breakfast was very good and complete. Shuttle service back to airport was very good.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone as an airport hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple