“No service with a smile”

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“No service with a smile”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I liked the hotel. The views were outstanding. The rooms were clean as well as the hotel, however the service at the hotel is very poor. We asked for a wake up call and did not get one. Ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and was not given my glass of wine until after dinner. Ate breakfast there....my husband ordered an omelet, they didn't see the order slip from the waiter so the omelet never showed up. The next night we ordered a drink and they brought my husband half a glass full and said they were running low on the alcohol he had ordered and were having a new bottle brought out. The bartender said that they would bring the rest of the drink out to us as soon as the new bottle showed up. It never did, however they called us about an hour later in our room and asked if we wanted it delivered, by that time we were in bed.

We won't be staying there again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rubbee30
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay, it is comments such as yours that help us to improve ourselves. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the views we have to offer. I am extremely troubled to hear of the disappointing service you received during your stay. I will be sure to review your comments with our staff to prevent a similar occurrence in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the service we pride ourselves on delivering.

Michael Hickey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for Marathon weekend. It is so convenient to Logan and for $17 round trip per person you can take the water taxi to all the great parts of the city except Back Bay which requires an additional ride on the T. The hotel is clean and beautiful and has amazing views from the restaurant and lobby across the harbor to the city skyline. We were blown away by the service of the staff, especially Tom on Saturday morning who walked us outside to show us where to get the water taxi. After the chaotic events on Marathon Monday, we arrived back at the hotel to find the staff gracious and empathetic. The hotel was packed with people and outlets were at capacity, but the service was still great under the worst of stress tests. Management really needs to be commended!

Room Tip: Pay the premium for the room with a harbor view. It is well worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us, especially during such a stressful time. The events surrounding the Marathon and the week that followed were very difficult for the city of Boston, and I am so proud of the way our team pulled together and took care of our guests. We hope to welcome you back again next year!

Park City, Utah
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on a trip to Boston. The hotel looks very plain from the outside, but the views of the skyline and harbor are fantastic! The rooms are nice and clean- typical Hyatt standards, and the hotel restaurant was very good and also had views. I usually stay downtown when I come to Boston, but I thought that I would try this location fora change. It is conveniently located by the airport, so it is really easy to get to before or after a flight. It was also very quiet- no airplane noise at all. It was very easy to get to the tunnel to go downtown, as well. If I had more time, I would have taken the water shuttle across the harbor, as the shuttle port was right next to the hotel. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful views our location has to offer! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was only an overnight stay as we had an early flight the next morning. When we arrived the girl upgraded us to a harbour view as we were Australian (good enough reason!). She was lovely, very welcoming but can’t remember her name.

The rooms are spacious and modern with easily enough room for the two of us, twin beds and our luggage. Beds were very comfy, the bathroom was a decent size and had all the amenities you need. Staff are very accommodating, when we asked for one more coffee sachet for the morning, they brought up another three, plus cups. There is a high attention to detail.

We were in the foyer at 4am for our flight, along with another five people but had to wait nearly 15 minutes for the shuttle. That was unexpected for an airport hotel and at that time in the morning but not off putting. No free Wi-Fi at all which is the only complaint.

Great place to stay if you want to be close to the airport & would use it again for this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FionaStevenson1981
Thank you so much for the great comments! It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! And thank you for the feedback regarding our shuttle at that early hour. I will be sure to look into the issue and follow up with our Guest Services Manager. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Busy days and a busy week, but thanks to the Hyatt I was able to relax and enjoy all that Boston has to offer. Taxi access is great make sure you take advantage of the Logan Airport shuttle. The staff is great and the access to the Barbour is magnificent. The water taxi is an excellent alternative to the traditional taxi. Bring your gym gear and enjoy the walk on the Boulevard.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I always love to hear when a guest enjoys their stay with us! We hope to welcome you back in the future.

California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The first time that I stayed at this fine establishement I was so impressed and vowed that one day I would go back. Well the time has come and I was able to return back to this hotel. My thoughts have not changed about this hotel. It is still one of the finest hotels that I have stayed in. The exceptional customer service is incredible. I do not think that there is anything that they would not do for you. As far as customer service I think that this staff certainly does step out of the box to please you. What a great hotel. The room are beautiful, they smell clean, the beds are comfortable, beautiful decorated, the bathrooms are spotless and clean. To top it off when you open up your window shade and see the beautiful Boston skyline, its breathtaking. As far as I am concerned this hotel should be everyones number one pic when traveling to Boston. I am sure that the Hyatt has other beautiful hotels but I am just partial to this one. If you are not impressed with the customer service, then the hotel lobby should impress you. It is beautiful, but wait until you get to your room then you should really be impressed. I may sound a little mushy but I am super critical and when I receive such wonderful service at just a great hotel I just have to go on and on about it. I think everyone stopping over in Boston should stay at this hotel. It didn't matter to me that they closed the pool and spa, because everything else is too good to pass up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Boston Skyline
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the exceptional customer service our associates deliver; it is something we pride ourselves on. I am also happy to hear that you appreciate the wonderful view our location has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Napa, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have stayed in my share of airport properties and the Hyatt at Logan rates toward the top of thelist. Convenient location via hotel shuttle from the airport, the property has recently been updated in a modern style. My room overlooking the water was large, quiet, and comfortable. The wifi was adequate in speed. Breakfast was included in my rate and was very good quality and the diningroom overlooks the water and Boston skyline. There is ferry service right at the hotel to Boston city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful view from our restaurant and the convenience of our airport shuttle. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.