“A Very Pleasant Surprise”

Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I traveled first to Niagara Falls, then to Maine. We took the train from Washington, DC to Niagara Falls. We then traveled by train and bus to Toronto Airport. Because I could get a good deal on executive class seats on a flight from there to Boston, I elected to have us fly to Boston instead of Portland and to rent a car from Logan Airport. That meant that we would return the car to Logan and stay overnight there before taking the train home the next day. So it seemed most convenient for us to stay at a hotel in the airport.
We did not know about the outstanding restuarant at the Hyatt, nor did we know beforehand about the romantic view of Boston's skyline across the bay. When we arrived at the hotel, we were offered an upgrade to a harborview room. We were glad we accepted the offer; it was well worth it. We enjoyed a romantic evening that was way beyond our expectations. After all, we had just planned it as a stopover before catching the train home.
As an added bonus, the ferry to the city center leaves from right behind the hotel. We did not have time to take the trip but hope to do so in the future.
We plan to go back to Boston and to stay at the Hyatt Harborside -- and to reserve a harborview room.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a harborview room. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were in town for a Springsteen show, arriving from NY and New Orleans. The location is superb, even a water taxi to down town Boston. We ate breakfast both mornings and it was delicious. Service is way above average, even with two weddings going on. Self parking right across the street was easy and very convenient. Only suggestion would be to add a fridge in room.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Harborside after flying into Logan to start a New England vacation. The day was dreary and the rain was pouring. Despite the weather, the staff was upbeat, friendly and the ray of sunshine needed. We elected to stay in rather than take the water taxi to Boston and had a nice dinner at the in house restaurant. (Great food but a bit overpriced.) The room was large, clean and we had a great view of Boston. It was easy to get to the airport the next AM by shuttle to get a rent a car to continue our vacation. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view. Ask for a room above the 3rd floor.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night because of the location, next to the airport. Bad choice. Overpriced room rates in the first place and then they charge you for everything, including breakfast, Internet and printing. The bed was like sleeping on a rock and the window did not have any adequate curtains to block the sun in the morning. In short, stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I chose this hotel solely based on it's proximity to Logan Airport. My daughter who lives in Maine was driving me to the airport and I thought it would be fun to have a "girls night out" before I returned home. We parked the car ($34), checked in and then took the water taxi (great fun) over to the Long Wharf where we walked around, had dinner, then returned to the hotel. Our room was clean and spacious and although it overlooked the runway at Logan, there was no outside noise. The two negatives were: our room had an adjoining door and the guest in the next room kept us awake half the night, coughing, hacking and slamming doors. The second was that we had an early breakfast in the hotel restaurant the following morning: two eggs, two pieces of toast, one juice, two coffees and a bowl of cold cereal for $30. Staff, however, made the stay in that they went out of their way to be helpful and accomodating. I would probably stay here again if I had an early a.m. flight but would avoid parking a car and would eat breakfast, elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try and avoid a room with an adjoining door unless traveling with a group
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I attended a 2 day conference at this hotel and prefer to stay in the same location. I booked a room with a king bed. The hotel was beautiful! The on-site restaurant's food, The Harborside Grill, was excellent and the service was great. The view from the restaurant is awesome as well.

There wasn't a mircowave or refridgerator in the room, and the prices were what you'd expect from a hotel on an airport i.e. expensive. For example: the in room bottle of waters were $5. and the room service fee was a little high, so I opted to have all my meals in the restaurant.

This is not the hotel for you if you want to stay in the city near (i.e. in walking distance and not relying on cabs or a car) all the great sights and restaurants; but overall it is a really nice place and great for conferences.

Room Tip: I had a room really close to the elevator right next to the ice machine but I didn't hear any ex...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LadyHeineken
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just spent 2 weeks in Boston and New England. We arrived at The Hyatt around midnight and had been travelling from the UK all day. We had just had to wait half an hour for the free shuttle from the airport and during that time we called them twice to find out where they were.
At reception a very worried looking staff member told us that they had accidentally over booked the hotel and had no room for us. We were to be taken by taxi to The Comfort Inn.
Half an hour later we were still stood outside waiting for this taxi and in the end I had to get quite cross before they put us on a shuttle and took us to the other hotel.
The next day we came back and stayed a further 2 nights at the Hyatt.
At the end of our trip we had one night booked at the Hyatt before flying home. Thankfully this time they had a room for us. However I had to phone the manager at 11pm as people were cleaning some rooms on our floor and they were making a huge amount of noise. The manager didn't seem very apologetic, obviously he didn't see a problem with guests being kept awake in his hotel.
Finally we tried the breakfast buffet before we checked out. It cost 25 dollars per person and was hugely overpriced. Most of the food was cold and the service wasn't great.
I appreciate the fact that this is an airport hotel but I think that as it is a four star hotel I am entitled to expect a certain level of service. I will not be staying at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed: August 2012