“Fantastic Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southampton UK
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Excellent hotel second stay here. It's got everything without being in the centre of town. But is only a water taxi or norma ltaxi away from town. Great views over the harbour. Great food and facilities ofr the kids.

• Liked — Location to airport and boston
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
marietta GA
Reviewed January 25, 2008

The staff at this particular location was incredibly freindly. From teh guy who drove the shuttle from the airport, to the front desk, even just the staff walking around. My wife and i were walking towards the elevators, and a staff member was coming the other way, turned around, walked back the way she came just to push the button on the elevator for us. Everyone said "hi", just a very friendly staff.
Great views of the harbor, but you got the same views from teh lobby or on the elvator ride up, so i am not sure it is worth teh extra money. the guy at the front desk offered the harborside view for the same rate if i took the 2 doubles instead of the king, but I had a 2 year old who much prefered watching the planes at the airport anyway.
Very easy to get to from the airport, shuttle was there right away.
You dont even need their shuttle if you dont want to wait because the airport shuttles go to the water taxi station/boat dock right next door anyway.
The hotel is somewhat isolated for tourists. There is no other food except the hotel and the airport close by, and most of the airport concessions are through security checkpoints. The food a the hotel i found to be very expensive (although i am admittedly a budget traveler), but the breakfast buffet was $25!
To get to the city, the water taxi is right outside, but kind of expensive (34$ round trip). The hotel or airport shuttle will take you to the blue line subway, or the silver line picks up at all terminals (terminal A is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel - all sidewalk + safe)

• Liked — the views, proximity to airport
  • Disliked — lack of dining options, distance from city
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank marieatta_pman
College Station, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I recently had to go back to Boston to visit a family member. As my flight was scheduled to depart Boston at 5:30 Saturday morning, I decided to book an airport hotel on priceline. I got a fabulous deal and, while I didn't get a harbor view room, I was still quite pleased with the room I did get. The airport view was nice and the room was super quiet! The bathroom was a little on the small side, but nothing unmanageable. I used the free shuttle provided by the hotel to go to the T station on Friday night and to the airport on Saturday morning. Both times it was ready almost as soon as I was and transport was quick, efficient and friendly.

The only minor negative is that there was NOWHERE to get food (not even room service!) before I had to leave the hotel and get to the airport. But, I suppose it is slightly understandable, as it was quite early. Nonetheless, being an airport hotel, I would expect them to be used to, and cater to, the odd schedules that airline passengers are often forced to endure. Other than that small point, I loved the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Liked — The location, views and free shuttles to T station and airport.
  • Disliked — No food available after approx 11pm and before approx 6am.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank amieckow
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I booked this hotel thru Hotwire for my 2 nights stay for my business trip to Boston. I choose air port location to save money for the parking fee,but this hotel charges everything and everything is expensive. I paid $40 per night to get a harbor view room, but this is agreeable. The complains about this hotel is; make you feel isolated staying here because there's no store or restaurant in the neighbourhood. I was thirsty, and wanted to buy a bottled water at the veinding machine, I thought it's a bit cheaper than $5 bottled water in the hotel room, however, the machine has only sodas! I had to go to convenience store right nexr to the lobby.The store has a small refridgerator and there were sodas and starbucks mocha drink, but there was no water. I asked front desk person if I can purchase a bottled water. I paid $2.50 for the small bottle & realized I should have just had $5 water in the room that's twice the size than that I have just gotten!
Because of the location, I choose to order room service and surprised that they charge $31 for Lobster ravioli. I ended up to spend $70 for dinner. Their service charge is about $8 compared to other 4 star hotels usually charge $3.95 the most.The ravioli was actually impressive that they have a lobster tail in the middle of the plate. However, the taste of this ravioli is desappointing that they use curry for the sauce and also the organic salad is marinated with curry dressing, so the 2 Indian dishes make me feel sick in my stomach. I kindly posted a pic of ravioli.

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank love6kies
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2007

As you can see by other reviews here, this Hotel is one of the Best in the Boston Area. There is nothing bad to say about the Hyatt Boston Harbor side. If you are one of the lucky ones to get a room with a harbor view, it is just priceless. When you enter the Lobby and you see all downtown Boston in front of you through these huge glass windows, you forget for a moment the reason you are there.
The room are so comfortable and clean. The bed is so mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ( that's how I describe it) and the bathrooms are very nice and modern.
This was my second time here and I will say I definitely will come back again. I know is right next to the Airport , but you can take the ferry next to the Hotel to Down Town.
The food downstairs is so good. The only thing was a little bit overpriced breakfast, but the staff was friendly and the view to the harbor is just wonderful.
Front desk was very helpful and super nice, especially the front desk manager Ryan.
If you have something bad to say about the rooms or this hotel you have to be a very mad and sad person. I'm sure the views of the harbor side will make your mood change at least during your stay.

YOU WILL LOVE THIS HOTEL. * * * * *

• Liked — The views
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Fllblueguy
Boston, MA
Reviewed December 1, 2007

Ok. So in fairness, I will give positives first. The view from the room was amazing. I only paid $99 for a Harborside room view via the E-Hyatt deals. Also, The night manager was extremely nice when we left. She handled us leaving a bag in the room and forgetting our keys and while the valet was on a break got our car brought around. We didn't even bother checking out officially. The video check-out wasn't working, and we weren't in the mood to deal with anyone at that point. I reserved a room, City/Ocean King view with the E-Hyatt deals program. I called the hotel and specifically asked if any of the rooms facing the city were smoking rooms. I was told "yes, no problem". When we arrived, I was told "we don't have any smoking rooms facing the harbor". I was immediately angered. I took the N/S room facing the harbor because thats the reason me and my fiancee came here. On the TV, No NESN or Fox.Comcast channels (Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics). When we entered, we found the bathroom was covered in black hairs on the walls, shower and floor. Even though the clerk at check in stated it was a Non smoking room, the room next door smelled like cigarettes and cigars. What hotel seriously allows smoking rooms next to non-smoking rooms? Because our room was non-smoking, a nice little note was left stating a $250 charge would be assessed if we smoked in the room. We could smell the other smoke from the neighbors. We had to go down 4 flights and to the front to smoke because we were afraid of our $99 turning into over a $400 night. We watched a movie, and decided at 11PM to order room service. Closed. What four star hotel closes room service at 11 PM, especially if it's in the middle of nowhere when the airport restaurants close. We had enough of enduring having to smoke outside when I specifically reserved a Harborview smoking room and a dirty room. We attempted to make coffee for the ride home, and their was 1 coffee packet. Room service coffee in the morning would of been $10 for a small pot (we didn;t make it to the AM hours).I am usually generous in my reviews here on tripadvisor, and this is the worst place I've ever stayed at. If your stuck at the airport, go to the Hilton. Yea, I'm going to complain to Hyatt Corporate. If they can guarantee non-smoking rooms, they should do the opposite for us smokers. Period.

• Liked — VIew
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SP103
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 24, 2007

We stayed one night at this Hyatt after flying into Boston for Thanksgiving. We found our high floor view room to be usual high Hyatt quality, offering outstanding views of Boston Harbor. All the usual amenities which have made me a longtime Hyatt Gold Passport member were in place. The restaurant however left a lot be desired, really dampening what would otherwise be a better review. Both times we ate there (dinner, breakfast) service was spotty, items listed on the menu were not available and substitutes offered didn't meet our expectations. If we weren't so tired from flying across country we would have eaten out.

• Liked — Room quality, check-in, views
  • Disliked — Restaurant, expensive self-parking
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nino001