The Westin Copley Place, Boston
$239
$261
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$215
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$338
$296
Fairmont.com
  • Room Service
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
$257
$239
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$311
$229
Sheraton.com
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
$354
$311
Agoda.com
4,167 results
All reviewscharles rivercopley placegreat locationheavenly bedriver viewprudential centernewbury streetstarbucks coffeeau bon painjunior suitepublic librarytrinity churchhigh floorback bay stationconcierge deskcentral locationgreen line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2006

I stayed at the Westin with my husband and two teenage sons on Aug. 11, prior to spending a week on Cape Cod. We wanted the boys to be able to see Boston for the first time, and the Westin was a great way to do so. We decided to stay in a junior suite, and the view alone was well worth the price of the room. I definitely recommend getting a room above the tenth floor. The Charles River, Trinity Church, Copley Place, the library, were all right in front of us, and on two sides, as the junior sutes are corner rooms! It was a great way to get the scope of the area before we headed out to explore. The staff was very polite and helpful, particularly the front desk when we checked in. The beds were not as lush as in some Westin properties we've stayed in, so maybe it's time to replace the mattresses? In the scheme of things, this was a minor complaint. We were very happy with the Westin, and are delighted to have begun our Massachusetts stay there!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank McGinn
Reviewed August 31, 2006

Me and my husband just returned from a 4 day amazing stay at the WestinCopley place! Being our fist trip to Boston and after reading all the reviews online, we decided to splurge and ended up getting 25% off our stay for staying 4 nights- it was so worth it! The hotel is sistuated on copley square, 2 blocks from Newbury- where there is amazing shopping, sidewalk cafes and access to the T. When we first checked in, they were super friendly. When I asked if we could have a nice view and a king bed, we found ourselves in a top floor corner room with amazing views of the Charles river and the city. The bathroom had dual shower heads and marble, there was a sofa and large screen tv and the bed was their famous Heavenly bed with plush sheets- we could barely wake up in the morning!We were in Boston with some family for a wedding and they promptly called us to say that their hotel , The Colonnade was awful and overrated-- more like a 2 star. I had almost booked the same one from a recommendation because of the rooftop pool--which is highly overrated and closes at 8! So The front desk accomodated them with a good deal and put them in an adjoining suite. The westin has a very hip bar with a mediterranean theme which is hopping in teh evenings--drinks are pricey so beware!Also direct access to the mall that seems to never end and a fantastic spa. I splurged on a facial and have to say it was pricey but the best I've had. I know I sound like a walking ad for this place, but seriously I wouldnt ever stay anywhere else in this city. If you have the cash and want to treat yourself, i really think this is your best bet!
A fan from Neptune Beach, FL

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank couscous73
Reviewed August 9, 2006

We stayed at the Westin Copley in early August. The hotel is a great location if you want to be near great shopping (e.g., Newbury Street, The Prudential Centre and the Copley Plaza). Attractions such as the Aquarium, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and the Children's Museum are a subway ride away and the subway is easily accessed from the Westin.

We upgraded to a Junior Suite and had plenty of room for the three of us. The room had a great view of the city and river. Make sure to stay above the 10th floor. We stayed on the 20th and it was great. There's an indoor pool and fitness centre. Au Bon Pain, a restaurant, is located just inside the Copley Plaza which is accessed directly from the hotel. This is where to go for breakfast. You can also pick up lunch or a fruit cup or cookies for a snack. It's cheap and delicious and the coffee is good. Legal Seafoods is always a great choice for seafood (reasonably priced and very good). There are several locations in Boston and there's one in the Copley Plaza. The concierge recommended Lucca for italian food in the North End district. It was excellent. We had desserts at Mike's Pastry just down the street from Lucca. It's known for the cannolies and pastries. Lucca is a short walk from Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. We traveled to Brookine, a suburb, for Chinese food. We ate the Golden Sham Temple. While the restaurant was very nice, the food wasn't great. If you're used to great Chinese food you'll be disappointed.

The best shopping deals were found at Saks and on Newbury Street. Also, take a walk across the public garden and walk up Charles Street from Beacon Street. As you're walking through the garden you'll want to exit near the bronze ducks. Any local in the park can tell you where that is. Charles Street is very quaint. There are a few little boutiques that offer very upscale and interesting fashions.

Boston is a great city and the Westin is well situated. I would definitely stay there again.

7  Thank Take my word for it...
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I booked a stay at the Westin Copley Place for the 4th of July while I was staying there in February. My stay in Feb was great...but not so in July. I called from my hotel room to check on availability in July...I was told there were Riverview rooms available on July 4th at a rate of $289. I had a planned vacation in Cape Cod beginning on the 8th, so decided to go early and see the fireworks. I specifically stated at the time of reservations I wanted a Riverview room to see the fireworks--much like the room I was staying in then. I was not told there would be a problem. I rearranged my plane reservations to arrive on the 4th (instead of the 8th) in time for fireworks --and flew all day from California with my son. When I arrived, I was told that there were no more riverview rooms available! I was shocked. I am a long term SPG member and stay at Starwood properties several times a year. AFter much wrangling, I was told I could be put in a room on the 17th floor and I would be able to see the fireworks. I was not --they were blocked by the building in front of my room.

I was told that my reservation "guaranteed me a room" not the type of room I'd reserved. I understand that the 4th is a very busy time in Boston, with a lot of demand for views of the River...but if there was a problem, they should have told me that no rooms with a view were available when I made the reservation....or I would have thought someone would have contacted me if there was a problem since I was an SPG member.

I was very upset as was my son. I wrote a detailed letter to the CEO of the Starwood, as well as the General Manager of the Westin the next day....and have yet to receive a response from either (over a month later). Note: I was in the hotel for 3 more days after I left the complaint in the Managers Office.

Unfortunately, I will not stay at this property again, and will not choose Starwood first anymore.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SMG1111
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I'm a Starwood Points member and this wasn't like other Westin Hotels. I stayed in February at the Westin in Florence and it was gorgeous. It seemed like there were more amenities when staying at a Westin. The Heavenly Bed wasn't that Heavenly at all. The duvet seemed a little dirty. The mattress was lower and a little too firm. There weren't as many toiletries in bathroom.

The carpet in my room seemed a little dirty too.

My Heavenly shower didn't work at first but after a call to the front desk it was fixed.

The concierge was very rude. When I asked about the July 3rd performance of the Boston Pops at the Hatch the concierge pointed to a brochure which didn't tell me anything. I guess he really wasn't up on things. I read through the brochure and it didn't mention the concert, I was ready to leave Boston. He didn't even try to make a phone call. I was lucky to find someone at Quincy Market that knew about the concert. I thought the concierge at a hotel was supposed to be informed. Don't expect to find a knowing concierge at this hotel. Maybe they should be replaced by computers. If I could have went to a website I'm sure I would have found out everything. The concierge really had an attitude. I also asked about finding a nearby movie theater and another concierge did the same thing. It really put a damper on my view of the Westin Hotels. If you don't want to work with people get a different job.

The bell hop seemed none existent. I got out of my car and popped open the truck. I thought someone would have came to get my suitcases by that time but I ended hauling them up myself.

The location is excellent for Newbury Street and the nearby malls.

• Stayed: July 2006