The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Hotel 140(Boston)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
4,167 results
All reviewscharles rivercopley placegreat locationheavenly bedriver viewprudential centernewbury streetstarbucks coffeeau bon painjunior suitepublic librarytrinity churchhigh floorback bay stationconcierge deskcentral locationgreen line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We just got back from a weekend at the Westin Copley Place. I was not especially impressed. The room had a great city view, but otherwise could have been a room in any average hotel. The thing that bothered me the most was that the tile around the tub was very moldy and disgusting. It needed to be regrouted. The dresser drawer space was not adequate for 4 of us. The bedding looked a bit shabby as well. On the positive side, the location was terrific and the price was right. I would not stay there again. I expected more from a Westin.

2  Thank Julie F
Reviewed July 29, 2005

We had a few problems with this hotel...The biggest issue in my mind was that the Westin Copley Place did not have the Westin's signature Heavenly Bed! As regular Westin customers, we were highly disappointed. It wasn't uncomfortable, but a far cry from the plush bed and linens that we are accustomed to. The Bed is why we pay a little extra to stay at The Westin in the first place.

Secondly, we had some service problems. We arrived at 3:30pm after a long day of travel, hoping to nap the baby (9 mos) for at least an hour before heading out to a scheduled event at 6pm. At the check in desk, I emphasized that we needed a crib in the room ASAP; in fact, I mentioned it 3 times. In spite of a couple additional phone calls, the crib never came. I made one final call as we left and it was finally there upon our return to the room at 8pm. They make a big deal out of having the "Heavenly Crib" and they gave our kids nice "Westin Kids' Club" ball caps, yet they failed to truely recognize the most important needs of their smallest guests when it mattered the most.

Finally, the battery on our door lock was dead, so the keys kept failing. After several frustrating trips down to the front desk to gain reentry into our room, they finally sent someone up to check the lock... I don't know... it didn't occur to me at the time that that would be the problem, but now it seems so obvious. And don't they have hundreds of these locks? Shouldn't that have been their first (or at least second) troubleshooting action?

Otherwise, the room was nice and our stay reasonably comfortable. The bathroom had a granite counter but ordinary tile shower. The workout room was fine, but pool too small for anything useful (my 4 yr old son found it boring and I couldn't swim laps). The location is great: all the shops and restaurants you need in the ajoining malls, Shaw's grocery, two minute walk to the famous Boston Duck Tours, T stations very close. No need for a car.

We had a Jr. Suite for $249 - a huge room, although the space was not devided. We requested an upper floor and got a gorgeous harbor view. On the 3rd of July, we could see about a dozen fireworks displays (of surrounding communities) from our window (didn't stay the nt of the 4th).

As bad as I make the stay out to be, it was a reasonable value (room size, location). I can overlook the crib and key problems because "stuff happens" and employees are human, but the non-Heavenly Bed really bugged me. Being Starwood Prefered Members, I guess we would consider staying here again, but wouldn't be thrilled to. I might try for a more interesting botique hotel since this wasn't such a great experience.

4  Thank hockeymom562088
Reviewed July 20, 2005

We paid $399 for two queen beds for a three night holiday week-end stay and found the week-end to be pleasant. The beds were comfortable, the shower hot and steamy. The rooms were clean - -I am very persnikity about that. Never heard noise from other guests. The work-out facility was superior, though the pool was small. Concierge could have been more helpful. He recommended walking to town and did not give us any advice about the T or about the trolley tours that depart from the nearby Marriott. Walking wasn't very practical for the distances we needed to cover with a 4 year old. The hotel connects with indoor concourses with an indoor shopping plaza and the Marriott and many restuarants. We found Au Bon Pain convenient for breakfasts and enjoyed Legal Seafoods and Cheesecake Factory for dinners. All three are less than 10 minutes from the Westin. We would stay again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed July 7, 2005

We spent 5 nights at the Westen Copley Place. We had a fantastic stay.

We booked a room with two double beds. We arrived late and the rooms with double beds were not available. They upgraded us to a Jr. Suite with a king size bed and a pull out sofa. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated with modern decor. We had 2 full walls of windows that gave us a gorgeous view of the Boston Harbor. The Westin connects to the Prudential Center and Boston Back Bay Train/Subway Station through walkways and a beautiful mall. Having the Backbay T station within a 4 minute walk is a real money saver (only took 3 cabs during our visit). The T system is easy to understand and is only $1.25 per ride.

We did not eat at the hotel but the restaurants and lounge areas were always hopping. The hotel also offers Hertz Rental car service. We arrived back at our hotel after the Hertz closed and had to pay for over night parking, but we knew this because we did our homework before we came to Boston. The Westin Copley is a keeper.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed July 6, 2005

Just got back - great hotel. Had trouble with the air conditioner - tried to fix, couldn't fix quickly enough - moved rooms and they gave us a free breakfast for our inconvenience. Most comfortable bed ever - would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005