“Solid choice in Back Bay” 4 of 5 stars

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“Solid choice in Back Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here recently in a junior suite with a group of girlfriends. I selected the Westin based on its proximity to restaurants and clubs that were on our evening itinerary. The hotel is located right in Copley Square and is walking distance to most of the Back Bay area.

We tried to check in early, around 11AM, but the room wasn't ready. I inquired when they expected the room to be ready and was told "any time between now and 3pm" which is check in time. I provided my cell # and was told I would receive a call when the room was ready. The bell hops were very friendly and accommodating - they took all of our luggage and stored it so that we could go enjoy the day.

We returned to hotel around 3:30PM, having not received a phone call but assuming the room must be ready. We were informed that the room was not yet ready, despite it being 30 mins. past check in. After some polite complaining to the front desk that this was unacceptable, a room suddenly became available.

The junior suite had a beautiful view and was quite spacious with two queens and a pull out sofa bed. The room itself was a little tired, but was otherwise well appointed. There was a half drunk bottle of wine in the fridge when we checked in, but was generally clean.

In sum, there are several hotels in Copley Square that are of a similar caliber. The Westin is a solid choice if staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you Jenny for your review. I'm pleased to read that you and your girlfriends had an overall enjoyable stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at check-in, but I am delighted to hear that both our bell staff and front desk teams were able to accommodate you and provide you with friendly, personable service. I am glad that you chose our property when staying in the Back Bay / Copley Square area, and I hope that we can welcome you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here with 2 of my teenage daughters.

Copley westin is one of the few hotels in Boston that offer 2 queen size bed and we are on a one night trip to Boston so decided to squeeze a little.

Rooms was big, clean and has a fantastic view of the river. Ths standard of room is good and wifi strong.

One of the reasons why we choose here is the locations. It is unbeatable especially for us when we travel from New York by train. It is opposite the back bay station and in very good surrounding with a mall link to it.

Getting off the train, walk within 10 minutes you will be able to check in.

The mall isnt that great for shopping but we had our seafood fill in Legal seafood.

One of the reasons why we gave it a average score is the blank out, it is leaky and day lights were coming in and affected our sleep quality especially in summer day light was early.

Check in and out was good and match westin standards

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
My sincerest thanks Fei-Low for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that many elements of your stay were fantastic - from the size and comfort of your room, to the views it afforded, to the location of our hotel. I will share all of your comments with our team, who always appreciate hearing guest feedback - both positive and constructive. I hope that you will return for another visit soon and thank you again for your contribution.
Southern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am a big Westin fan, and this hotel did not disappoint me. What I didn't know was that it connected to the convention center via indoor walkways and a huge, wonderful shopping mall. At the mall, there were tons of eating choices. The hotel was also very close to the other locations I had to reach for my meeting. The fitness center was larger than at some other Westins. The front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank swimmy4
Thank you swimmy4 for sharing such kind words about us with the TripAdvisor community! I'm thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you found our hotel ideally located for your needs and front desk team friendly and attentive. On behalf of my colleagues here, I look forward to hosting you again - whether your travels bring you to Boston for business or leisure.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights recently and was generally quite satisfied. Copley Place is probably the most central location in Boston and everything is easy to navigate. The hotel is pretty sleek and modern. ℗ the double room was nice and had a good view, although the bathroom was a bit on the small side. Speaking of the bathroom, the toilets flush like an airplane with a violent roar. Does the job, but you can hear the flushes from other rooms. I found the service to be quite good and one of the staff had check in was especially helpful in solving a problem I had to get a fax through on short notice. It's a good thing, because the business center is quite lame, really just two computers and printers inan open area off the lobby with no privacy at all. The only warning I would give is that the hotel is quite large and bustling. Not a boutique feel at all. Always lots of people milling around the lobby and bar including corporate meetings and sports teams. If that doesn't bother you, then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view
Green Features: No comment. Seems fine. They had the standard offer to not wash towels and linens if requested.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family has a great recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you found our staff helpful and friendly, and that you enjoyed our location and views from your room. Thank you also for pointing out that we are indeed a large hotel centrally located in a bustling area in Boston. It is important for our guests to know prior to arrival what kind of hotel we are so that we can meet and exceed their expectations. I hope that you and your family will visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Love staying here- it's classy , friendly, incredibly central, ask for a room high up and the views are breath- taking- free wifi in lobby- Boston is fab- we have a room for 5 of us and it's quite spacious.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you Julia for your contribution! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed so much of what makes our hotel special - from our room's spectacular views of Boston to our hotel's central location and complimentary wireless internet in the lobby. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days on a business trip. The best part about the hotel is its location - right in the center of the city, also close to the place where the Duck tours start from. Just perfect! They also allowed us late check out without any hassles. Highly recommended. They also gave me 500 bonus SPG points for not changing the bed sheets overnight.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your business trip stay with us such an enjoyable experience. Our hotel's location as well as room views are aspects that both our business and leisure travelers appreciate. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your contribution.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Location was outstanding, could walk to tons of places...Newbury street, Boston Common, start of Freedom trail are all close by. Tons of places to eat but we fell in love with the Cheesecake Factory over at the Prudential centre. Hotel is attached to Copley Mall which had very high end shops, nice to look but a tad out of our holiday budget spending money!!!
Rooms are great, good size (we were in 1802), great view of city and river, starbucks coffee in room, modern bathroom. Beds are very squishy, comfortable to watch tv on but a bit too soft for sleeping for me. All the staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in 1802, good view of city and river
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you kindly for sharing your stay with us. I am elated to know that your family's stay with us was so thoroughly enjoyable. Our property's convenience to all of Boston's best shopping, attractions and dining is truly one of our biggest strengths and I'm happy to hear you took full advantage of this. Moreover, I'm pleased to hear that our associates provided such attentive service to you all. Please do come back and stay with us again.