“The location was better than expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southern US
“The location was better than expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am a big Westin fan, and this hotel did not disappoint me. What I didn't know was that it connected to the convention center via indoor walkways and a huge, wonderful shopping mall. At the mall, there were tons of eating choices. The hotel was also very close to the other locations I had to reach for my meeting. The fitness center was larger than at some other Westins. The front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank swimmy4
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you swimmy4 for sharing such kind words about us with the TripAdvisor community! I'm thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you found our hotel ideally located for your needs and front desk team friendly and attentive. On behalf of my colleagues here, I look forward to hosting you again - whether your travels bring you to Boston for business or leisure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights recently and was generally quite satisfied. Copley Place is probably the most central location in Boston and everything is easy to navigate. The hotel is pretty sleek and modern. ℗ the double room was nice and had a good view, although the bathroom was a bit on the small side. Speaking of the bathroom, the toilets flush like an airplane with a violent roar. Does the job, but you can hear the flushes from other rooms. I found the service to be quite good and one of the staff had check in was especially helpful in solving a problem I had to get a fax through on short notice. It's a good thing, because the business center is quite lame, really just two computers and printers inan open area off the lobby with no privacy at all. The only warning I would give is that the hotel is quite large and bustling. Not a boutique feel at all. Always lots of people milling around the lobby and bar including corporate meetings and sports teams. If that doesn't bother you, then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view
Green Features: No comment. Seems fine. They had the standard offer to not wash towels and linens if requested.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family has a great recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you found our staff helpful and friendly, and that you enjoyed our location and views from your room. Thank you also for pointing out that we are indeed a large hotel centrally located in a bustling area in Boston. It is important for our guests to know prior to arrival what kind of hotel we are so that we can meet and exceed their expectations. I hope that you and your family will visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Love staying here- it's classy , friendly, incredibly central, ask for a room high up and the views are breath- taking- free wifi in lobby- Boston is fab- we have a room for 5 of us and it's quite spacious.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Julia for your contribution! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed so much of what makes our hotel special - from our room's spectacular views of Boston to our hotel's central location and complimentary wireless internet in the lobby. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days on a business trip. The best part about the hotel is its location - right in the center of the city, also close to the place where the Duck tours start from. Just perfect! They also allowed us late check out without any hassles. Highly recommended. They also gave me 500 bonus SPG points for not changing the bed sheets overnight.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your business trip stay with us such an enjoyable experience. Our hotel's location as well as room views are aspects that both our business and leisure travelers appreciate. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your contribution.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Location was outstanding, could walk to tons of places...Newbury street, Boston Common, start of Freedom trail are all close by. Tons of places to eat but we fell in love with the Cheesecake Factory over at the Prudential centre. Hotel is attached to Copley Mall which had very high end shops, nice to look but a tad out of our holiday budget spending money!!!
Rooms are great, good size (we were in 1802), great view of city and river, starbucks coffee in room, modern bathroom. Beds are very squishy, comfortable to watch tv on but a bit too soft for sleeping for me. All the staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in 1802, good view of city and river
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for sharing your stay with us. I am elated to know that your family's stay with us was so thoroughly enjoyable. Our property's convenience to all of Boston's best shopping, attractions and dining is truly one of our biggest strengths and I'm happy to hear you took full advantage of this. Moreover, I'm pleased to hear that our associates provided such attentive service to you all. Please do come back and stay with us again.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Rooms were fine, great location, helpful staff. We spent a lot of time waiting for lifts. Although the hotel boasted 6, it was common to wait up to 15 minutes for a lift. Staff told me it was because they were full, it told me the equipment couldn't handle the busier periods.

Room Tip: Visit during quiet times. We were there July 4 weekend, and the infrastructure didn't cope.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Gavan for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed our hotel's rooms and location. I am sorry to hear that you experienced delays waiting for our elevators. We strive to accommodate all of our guests even during our busiest periods and please do know that this occurrence is not representative of the typical guest experience. I will share your feedback with our engineering team and I hope that you do pay us a visit again soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Came to Boston for a long weekend. The hotel is situated in a great area of Boston. Two blocks from Newbury Street - a happening street filled with big brand stores as well as small boutiques. Boston is a great walking city and The Westin Copley Place is in the heart of it. Love the location.

It's a solid Westin. My room was clean and big with beautiful wall to wall windows overlooking the water. The bathrooms however could use a little updating. I was given a handicapped room originally and the floor of the shower needed some serious bleaching. I ended up switching rooms and the bathtub in my 2nd room had nasty rust spots on it that's rather unsightly for a Westin.

Breakfast at Huntington downstairs was superb. The menu is extensive and has a great selection of items to choose from. Tried the buffet as well as ordering from the menu. All delicious. Fresh fruit on the continental was a treat and could be a meal in itself.

Beware of asking for dinner suggestions at the concierge desk. We took their suggestions two nights out of 3 and were disappointed.

All in all, a good hotel and will come back again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AlwaysEatDessert
Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! I'm elated to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again in the future, and that your recent summer visit with us was enjoyable. Many of the topics you mentioned in your review - from our property's ideal location to our rooms' panoramic views of the river - are hotel features that we are definitely proud of. I will share your concerns about your bathroom's cleanliness with our team so that we avoid situations like these in the future. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!