“Needs Lifts”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Rooms were fine, great location, helpful staff. We spent a lot of time waiting for lifts. Although the hotel boasted 6, it was common to wait up to 15 minutes for a lift. Staff told me it was because they were full, it told me the equipment couldn't handle the busier periods.

Room Tip: Visit during quiet times. We were there July 4 weekend, and the infrastructure didn't cope.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you Gavan for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed our hotel's rooms and location. I am sorry to hear that you experienced delays waiting for our elevators. We strive to accommodate all of our guests even during our busiest periods and please do know that this occurrence is not representative of the typical guest experience. I will share your feedback with our engineering team and I hope that you do pay us a visit again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,077)

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Came to Boston for a long weekend. The hotel is situated in a great area of Boston. Two blocks from Newbury Street - a happening street filled with big brand stores as well as small boutiques. Boston is a great walking city and The Westin Copley Place is in the heart of it. Love the location.

It's a solid Westin. My room was clean and big with beautiful wall to wall windows overlooking the water. The bathrooms however could use a little updating. I was given a handicapped room originally and the floor of the shower needed some serious bleaching. I ended up switching rooms and the bathtub in my 2nd room had nasty rust spots on it that's rather unsightly for a Westin.

Breakfast at Huntington downstairs was superb. The menu is extensive and has a great selection of items to choose from. Tried the buffet as well as ordering from the menu. All delicious. Fresh fruit on the continental was a treat and could be a meal in itself.

Beware of asking for dinner suggestions at the concierge desk. We took their suggestions two nights out of 3 and were disappointed.

All in all, a good hotel and will come back again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AlwaysEatDessert

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! I'm elated to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again in the future, and that your recent summer visit with us was enjoyable. Many of the topics you mentioned in your review - from our property's ideal location to our rooms' panoramic views of the river - are hotel features that we are definitely proud of. I will share your concerns about your bathroom's cleanliness with our team so that we avoid situations like these in the future. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

i was debating for months as to where to stay. This was the PERFECT location. This was close to EVERYTHING. We walked everywhere, North End, Harbor, Fenway, Freedom Trail spots. This is such a great central spot to do everything. Loved the location and the hotel staff were amazing. The room had an amazing view of the river and the whole city, just gorgeous. The staff had umbrellas and strollers to borrow. Super easy, fun

Room Tip: higher rooms with river views are amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bidder5000

Thank you for sharing your review! I'm so pleased to hear that after researching all of your options that you chose to stay with us. It sounds like you took full advantage of our central location and enjoyed all that Boston has to offer - all within steps of our hotel's front door. I'm equally delighted to hear that our staff took such great care of you. We look forward to hosting you and your family again very soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property on business in July and found it to be very conveniently located, very very clean, and with a great service staff. Check-in was very easy and I stayed on the 26th floor with a wonderful view of the city.

There was nothing spectacular about this property, but it didn't do anything wrong either. If given the chance to travel to Boston again I would certainly entertain staying at this property.

• Stayed: July 2014
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Herman. I'm pleased to hear that you found our property very clean, well appointed and conveniently located for your needs. I agree that many of our rooms afford spectacular views of the city and so glad that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Short and sweet.... Enjoyed our stay here.

The room was a good size and the bath was well appreciated after all the New York walking we had done!

The location is excellent, a short trip from the train station, excellent shops and restaurants around, not too far from the park and Boston Common and within walking distance to Fenway if you want to catch a ball game.

I would probably have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for lobby being on the second floor and the broken escalator which was out of service for our visit and for the free wifi only at the lobby which seemed sluggish at best. I always think top hotels should offer free room wifi. It doesn't cost them that much so charging over a tenner a day seems excessive!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that you specifically loved our hotel's location and guest rooms. I do apologize for the challenges you faced with our hotel's escalator and complimentary wireless internet in the lobby. We are always looking for ways to enhance our guest services and I will be sure to share your feedback with our associates.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great room (junior suite) with a fantastic view over Boston.
Well stocked coffee machine. Empty but working fridge in room.
2x double beds and comfortable sofa that doubled as a sofa bed. This is one of the few hotels in Boston I could find that allowed four people in a room (please take note Marriott) so great for a family trip with teenagers.

Hotel had a great gym and small pool (indoor).

Skipped the breakfast in favour of their lobby coffee shop which had a good selection.

The hotel is attached to a shopping centre so a Starbucks and Bon Au Pain are within a two minute walk.

Hotel is well situated to so many things, Copley Square T station is one minute walk away, Copley Square park is opposite the hotel, Fenway Ball Park is a 20 min walk. There is a Shaw grocery store two mins away that does a great hot food and salad bar take away.

Will be back to Boston and back to The Westin.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SenorFirenze
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing such a thorough and detailed account of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us - from the room views to the amenities and and hotel facilities. I also know that fellow TripAdvisor readers will appreciate all of the details you shared about our neighborhood and location. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and wish I had stayed elsewhere. Check-in was a hassle and my room smelled terrible. It was a nice room and the bed was very comfortable, but it smelled almost like mold. The staff did not seem prepared for the convention and the food was mediocre, at best. I'm staying at another Westin later this year for a conference and I hope the experience is better.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you were pleased with some aspects of your guestroom, but am very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in other ways. I would welcome the chance to speak with you directly to learn more about your experience and address any other concerns you have. Please feel free to contact me at john.wedig@westin.com so we may discuss this further.