“Nothing much changes....”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gloucestershire, England
“Nothing much changes....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed here several times in the last few years, and have always rated it highly for its location and the comfort and general amenities of the rooms, although the bathrooms are smaller than we'd expect. On our last visit, though, it was seriously let down by poor service from the staff, so we returned with some misgivings.

Our two refurbished rooms on the 33rd floor were generously proportioned with great views, and the Westin beds were as comfortable as ever, but unfortunately the staff issues remain. We didn't expect to be able to check in when we arrived at 2:00pm, and were happy when told that the rooms would be ready in an hour. We weren't so happy at 4:00 to be told that the check in clerk hadn't seen that the occupiers of the larger room had a 4:00 checkout, that he couldn't check whether they'd yet checked out and couldn't get a response from housekeeping whether the rooms had been serviced. We were eventually advised that the rooms would be ready at 5:30, and were offered complimentary drinks and appetisers by the front desk manager. Later that evening a request for replacement towels took housekeeping three hours and a reminder call to be satisfied. In short, the staff issues we suffered from on our last visit are still there, and are just not acceptable for a hotel of this quality and in this price bracket.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing this feedback about your recent stay with us - in addition to being a loyal guest. I'm happy to hear that you had a chance to experience our wonderful views and enjoyed your stay in our Westin Heavenly Beds. However, I am sorry to hear about your experience with our service as this is not the standard we expect from our staff. I have shared your feedback with the staff to ensure that we can prevent similar things from happening in the future. If you have any other questions or comments to offer about your stay, please feel free to reach out to me directly at john.wedig@westin.com.
Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great stay at Copley Place Westin-- beautiful and modern property, well appointed rooms. Mall is convenient too. Good for business travelers.

Had a great service experience from Frank, the concierge. I had called down and someone had given me the wrong time for Starbucks' closing that evening. Frank went out of his way to get me a cup of coffee that evening so I could continue to work-- excellent service , thank you Frank!

Green Features: Got the Starwood extra points for not having my room serviced on certain days.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and positive feedback. We love our location and property as well and it's great to hear you agree. Frank is fantastic in his role and I'm so glad he delivered the top notch service we expect out of all of our employees. I will definitely pass along your feedback to him - he's a wonderful asset to our team. Thank you again and we hope you get the chance to join us again soon. We look forward to having you back.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've stayed at the Westin Copley place multiple times per year for several years due to nearby family to visit. I cannot say enough about the quality of its staff and how they always make me feel welcome each time I come back! This hotel maintains very high expectations for room cleanliness and comfort, quality of food and service at both its Huntington Restaurant and Bar 10, and overall customer delight. And the location of the hotel cannot be matched - - So convenient to a wide variety of the best that Boston has to offer! I never consider staying elsewhere when I visit this city!

Room Tip: The river view rooms tend to be the quietest and certainly provide the most outstanding views, espec...
Green Features: Westin has done an excellent job of ushering in green approaches across its entire line of hotels and timeshare units.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty and feedback about a recent visit. We love our staff and are so glad to hear that you have had wonderful experiences and choose to keep staying with us. We also love our location and feel very lucky to be right in the heart of Back Bay. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

a great location which nobody can complain. It is connected to Copley Place so its convenient for both business and shopping. The room was spacious and well-maintained. My only complaint is the size of the bathroom, which was somehow on the smaller side. But it's pretty much the default for a Westin in the United States. However, the overall quality of the Westin Copley Place is great. I would come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about our location and room. It's great to hear you had a great experience and enjoyed our proximity to Boston's Back Bay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Westin Copley and were very happy. She was enthralled with the view from our large corner room, and sat in front of the windows for 30 minutes, just looking at the Charles River and towards downtown Boston. The central location was very convenient, and we always had a choice of walking of taking the subway (the "T") to find our way around town. We found the concierge (and the rest of the staff) available and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I am finally getting around to writing this review, since I am booking another stay there this summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing these comments about your stay last year. We love to hear feedback like this about our views, location and staff! And we're delighted to hear you'll be back again for another visit later this summer!
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were in Boston for about 5 days and stayed at the Westin. Our room was a wonderful corner room with large windows. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is very convenient to many locations and to the subway, which was a very good way to get around. The service and staff were excellent and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary H
Thank you for joining us during your recent travel with family to Boston. Glad to hear you enjoyed the room and our very comfortable Heavenly Beds! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Copley for my reunion and were happy with it. The rooms are big, well appointed and have nice views.

I like the SBUX supplied coffee shop in the lobby and the proximity to Newbury Street and Copley Place (which includes the best shopping in Boston). Since I forgot something, I took advantage of this!

I've stayed here before and would do so again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCD425
Thank you for joining us recently to stay during your reunion and so glad to hear you had a great experience! We hope to welcome you back again next year or maybe sooner.