“The hotel offered an excellent place to stay in the city, especially during a blizzard!”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Huntington cafe had a wonderful server, Jules who made our breakfast experience one to savor. He left us with a smile that carried us through our day. We highly recommend having a seat at the cafe and asking for Jules!

• Stayed February 2014
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment about Jules. He is certainly one of a kind and we are so lucky to have him. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I hope we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Great service at front desk and lobby. However the room had thin walls, it was dark and cold, and the elevators were painfully slow. Bar 21 is nice, and having ingredients and Starbucks close is a bonus.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback and glad to hear you had great service at our front desk and in the restaurant/outlets on property. We pride ourselves on having wonderful staff a nice variety of options for dining.

I'm sorry to hear that noise levels and elevator service impacted your stay negatively. Thank you for your comments and we will be sure to address these for future stays. We hope you can join us again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My 13 year old daughter and I just recently stayed at the Westin while attending a conference at the Westin. I really enjoyed the hotel and location was wonderful. The weather was rainy/snowy and to have access to Copley Square mall and the Prudential center shops was so easy. We took 6 girls with parents to dinner and it was great to be able to access the restaurant without going outside. The rooms were comfortable, clean and had great views. The staff was great and easily provided us with a later check out then requested.

If you are here for shopping/dining in Back Bay or attending anything at the Hynes Convetion Center this is a great location and hotel for you.

My only two negatives were the hallways are really dark and somewhat confusing. It was a little claustrophobic in the hallways. Secondly during the evening a few of us went to the lounge before turning in for the night. We waited 20 minutes for our drink order to be taken and another 20 to receive the drink. They were incredibly busy and I think just understaffed.

Overall it was a very good experience and would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of the river are wonderful but in reality the hotel is so tall all views are q...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your conference in Boston! Being connected to the sky bridges really comes in handy when the weather outside is less than desirable. I am glad you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves. I am sorry to hear about your experience in our lounge. I will be sure to pass along the information.
I hope that we will be seeing you again very soon.
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Staying at big hotels is not my usual choice but I was at a conference and I have to say that the Westin was really good. The rooms were comfortable and nicely furnished. I had a great view over the frozen river. It was in a great location and I found it easy to walk into the downtown area and to the malls and museums in the surrounding area. I arrived early and my flight out was delayed and the hotel was great about letting me check in both early and late. No complaints, only compliments about my stay and how friendly and helpful the staff were.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! If you think the view of the Charles River is beautiful now, you should definately come see it again when everything is in bloom. We look forward to seeing you again.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have visited this hotel many times and always enjoyed it. The rooms are large and very clean. The front desk staff was excellent and managed my requests with a smile. It is centrally located in the Back Bay of Boston. Easy walk to the Public a Gardens and Boston Common.

The biggest problem during this stay was the construction is the parking garage. You could hear it reverberating throughout much of the hotel, like it was right next to you. It disrupted the keynote speech of a conference I was attending. The front desk moved me to a much higher floor to get away from the noise. A customer service representative for the hotel said the construction would last all month. Make sure you request a room on a high floor.

Also, I would not recommend eating breakfast at the hotel in the Huntington restaurant. It is over-priced and the service was poor even when I got the buffet. The first morning I ordered eggs and ham off the menu. After 20 minutes it did not arrive, so I asked the hostess who brought it out a few minutes later and it was cold. The second morning I went with the buffet so I would not have to wait. However, no one brought me coffee or juice. I finally had to track a waitress. The high prices made the poor service even worse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor during this month.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chinanomad
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for being a frequent guest with us – we truly appreciate your loyalty. And we agree our front desk staff is top notch in addition to our prime location. Thank you for your comments regarding the garage construction and service in our restaurant. I’m sorry to hear that you had a poor experience as that is not the standard that we generally deliver and expect from our staff. Please feel free to contact our Director of Food & Beverage at monika.henry@westin.com so she can get more info and ensure your future stays are up to the standards you expect.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This Westin is pretty comparable to others and the location is great right in the middle of the Copley areas with easy walking access to restaraunts, bars, and Newbury St.

The gym is pretty nice, but there isn't a concierge lounge available for those with Starwood status. Overall, it's clean, up to date, good location, and decent amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. We love our location as well and are glad that you had a good stay here. We will take your other comments into consideration and we hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed in the Westin Copley many times and are always pleased. This time was the first time that we noticed you had to ask for turning down the beds, which they explained with cutting down costs...well I guess it's not the most important thing. Irritating I find nowadays when in such hotel wifi is not free and readily available. That should be changed. Rooms are lovely, views spectacular and we love being just a few steps away from Marlborough Street. Conveniently connected to the mall, it comes in handy when the weather is bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina S
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our hotel. We know that you have many options when traveling to Boston, and we truly appreciate it. Being connected to the mall really makes the difference in these cold months. See you soon.