“Beautiful view, good location!”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful view, good location!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed in the Westin Copley many times and are always pleased. This time was the first time that we noticed you had to ask for turning down the beds, which they explained with cutting down costs...well I guess it's not the most important thing. Irritating I find nowadays when in such hotel wifi is not free and readily available. That should be changed. Rooms are lovely, views spectacular and we love being just a few steps away from Marlborough Street. Conveniently connected to the mall, it comes in handy when the weather is bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina S
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for being such a loyal guest to our hotel. We know that you have many options when traveling to Boston, and we truly appreciate it. Being connected to the mall really makes the difference in these cold months. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I agree with most of the other reviews. The hotel is clean, new and some rooms have spectacular views but they lose a point for charging for wifi and another for the ridiculously thin walls. You can literally hear other rooms' phone conversations.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your travels to Boston and sharing your feedback about the hotel. We're sorry to hear about the noise levels in the room and will be sure to look into this.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Left the Hyatt Regency Cambridge after three days to the Westin Copley. HUGE difference in the quality of these two hotels. Checkin was flawless at 10am, and guest services was excellent. Stayed in room 2620, exceptional view over Boston. Room was spacious, clean, and comfy. Bathroom was very small, and shower pressure low.

Entry is a bit confusing as there are at least three different places to enter/exit - main entrance escalators, shopping mall, and another set of escalators to Dartmouth street. Metro Orange line close if you want to use, but taxis are plentiful and plenty to do around the hotel. Solas Pub at Lenox Hotel is a cool place for an evening drink. The bar in the Lenox Hotel, even better, and more trendy.

Checkout was seamless, but breakfast average at best, and small area. Overall, great hotel, Westin quality, good choice. Price point was solid at a little over $225.00. Thirty minutes to airport at 8:30am in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 2620 has a great view, but a small bathroom. Not sure if other bathrooms are so small, would b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jaredites1
I am so pleased to read that you were happy with your hotel switch! Here at the Westin, we strive to provide quality service and amenities. I hope you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Boston.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I travel to Boston frequently on business, and have previously stayed at multiple Hyatt and Marriott hotels in the area due to my status with their programs. I should have switched to the Westin a long time ago. First of all, it is cleaner and fresher than the other major chain hotels. The room was very comfortable - and I know this sounds trivial - but the free bottle of water is appreciated after a long drive or flight. Better than their competitors offer. Even though there were 2 major conventions going on when I visited, the checkin line moved quickly and the staff were friendly and helpful. The walls to the rooms were thin as noted by other travelers - but about what I expect from a city hotel. Being attached to Copley Sq Mall is also a benefit. The conventions had packed the hotel, but I easily found dinner at a nearby restaurant. I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for your recent stay at the Westin Copley. We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience checking in with our staff and enjoyed your room. We look forward to having you again soon!
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my partner on a short trip. The hotel is in a great location and joined onto a mall!! The rooms are immaculate and very spacious and ours also had an excellent view. Staff were very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you comfortable. I didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel but drinks in the bar are great and there was a good vibe about the place. Would defiantly stay here again if I get the chance to go to Boston again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! We love our location and staff as well. Glad you had a wonderful experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I spent time in rooms on two different sides of the hotel, and there were spectacular views from both. We overlooked the Charles River and my parents faced east towards the harbor.

Rooms were very nice with great bathrooms and amenities. Not too small either as is sometimes the case with city hotel rooms.

It was great being connected with the mall so there are places to walk without even having to go outside - especially in January. Also it's very convenient to the T.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our views really are breathtaking! Book your next visit with us in the spring so you can see the view with Boston in bloom. We look forward to seeing you.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Copley Place for a John Hancock Conference from 1/25 - 1/26/14, during the super cold winter weather. From the moment I started the registration process, the Guest Services Agent, Daniel Grzelak, was very attentive, efficient and got me to my room quickly. He also was able to upgrade me into a spacious corner room on the 32nd floor, with two walls of windows with a great view of downtown Boston.

Of special note is the bed, pillows, blanket, comforter, etc. Westin calls it "Heavenly" and it is. It was the most comfortable bed that I have slept in in a hotel!

Room Tip: Room #3228 was a little larger in size and is on the corner, with two banks of windows in the room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marc49er
Thank you for taking the time to comment about Daniel. We are so privileged to have him behind our front desk, as he is always exceptional. I hope that you will come see us (and Daniel) again soon.