“Much better than the alternatives”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Much better than the alternatives”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I travel to Boston frequently on business, and have previously stayed at multiple Hyatt and Marriott hotels in the area due to my status with their programs. I should have switched to the Westin a long time ago. First of all, it is cleaner and fresher than the other major chain hotels. The room was very comfortable - and I know this sounds trivial - but the free bottle of water is appreciated after a long drive or flight. Better than their competitors offer. Even though there were 2 major conventions going on when I visited, the checkin line moved quickly and the staff were friendly and helpful. The walls to the rooms were thin as noted by other travelers - but about what I expect from a city hotel. Being attached to Copley Sq Mall is also a benefit. The conventions had packed the hotel, but I easily found dinner at a nearby restaurant. I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for your recent stay at the Westin Copley. We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience checking in with our staff and enjoyed your room. We look forward to having you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my partner on a short trip. The hotel is in a great location and joined onto a mall!! The rooms are immaculate and very spacious and ours also had an excellent view. Staff were very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you comfortable. I didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel but drinks in the bar are great and there was a good vibe about the place. Would defiantly stay here again if I get the chance to go to Boston again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! We love our location and staff as well. Glad you had a wonderful experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I spent time in rooms on two different sides of the hotel, and there were spectacular views from both. We overlooked the Charles River and my parents faced east towards the harbor.

Rooms were very nice with great bathrooms and amenities. Not too small either as is sometimes the case with city hotel rooms.

It was great being connected with the mall so there are places to walk without even having to go outside - especially in January. Also it's very convenient to the T.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our views really are breathtaking! Book your next visit with us in the spring so you can see the view with Boston in bloom. We look forward to seeing you.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Copley Place for a John Hancock Conference from 1/25 - 1/26/14, during the super cold winter weather. From the moment I started the registration process, the Guest Services Agent, Daniel Grzelak, was very attentive, efficient and got me to my room quickly. He also was able to upgrade me into a spacious corner room on the 32nd floor, with two walls of windows with a great view of downtown Boston.

Of special note is the bed, pillows, blanket, comforter, etc. Westin calls it "Heavenly" and it is. It was the most comfortable bed that I have slept in in a hotel!

Room Tip: Room #3228 was a little larger in size and is on the corner, with two banks of windows in the room...
1 Thank Marc49er
Thank you for taking the time to comment about Daniel. We are so privileged to have him behind our front desk, as he is always exceptional. I hope that you will come see us (and Daniel) again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Westin Copley Place is a dated property, but located right beside a shopping mall for maximum convenience for the shoppers. It is also within walking distance to the park as well as other attractions within downtown Boston. I did not like that the room only provided 1 bottle of water. The room was also dated and musky. Lots of dining options though. I gave it an average because of location and accessibility, but it was one of the poorer Westins which I have been in.

Room Tip: Careful if you have packages delivered to the hotel - my colleague was charged USD$10 for each item...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. WE love our location as well. Thank you for your feedback about the room and amenities offered. We hope you will join us again in the future for another stay.
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a day on 16-17 January 2014. It was refreshing experience.The room although small had all the required amenities. The service was prompt and the staff coueteous.The good thing was its location .It is located at famous copley square and is close to Market and also to MIT.I cannot comment on food quality as I did'nt eat food there.
I would certainely recommend the place to people especially if travelling with family.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay! I couldn't agree more - our location is very good. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I contacted the hotel manager a few days prior to our arrival in hopes of getting a nice room with a view for our son's birthday. The hotel manager and his team went out of their way to give us an exceptional experience at the Westin Copley Place. We arrived around 6pm after a 4 hour drive and dealing with the usual Boston traffic. The hotel was easy to find and parking was also easy. This hotel is in the perfect location; It's connected to both the Copley Place Mall and the Prudential Center Mall. The hotel is also very close to the Boston Public Library and plenty of other Boston sites.

Check-in: The check-in area was easy to find and there was no line. The check-in employee was not only friendly but seemed to care about our arrival and made us feel welcomed.

The room: We were given room # 2513, an amazing room. The room was on a corner with a full panoramic view of Boston, including the river. The room was large, had two queen sized beds, a couch, ottomans, fridge and a nice flat screen TV. The beds were very comfortable and made for a great night sleep. The bathroom was also very nice. The bathroom had a rain-head shower that was a big plus. Overall the room exceeded our expectations.

The amazing part didn't stop with the room, the hotel provided some giant balloons and cupcakes for our son's birthday, truly exceptional! We travel often, stay at numerous hotels and very rarely find a hotel that is this exceptional. When we travel to Boston the Westin Copley Place will be the only hotel we will stay at.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay while visiting Boston!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John J
I am so pleased to read that we were able to make your son's birthday memorable! We take pride in offering our guests truly exceptional experiences. I look forward to your next visit!