“Staff fantastic, hotel lovely”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Staff fantastic, hotel lovely”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had booked this room months before travelling since we were planning to visit our daughter who was going to graduate school in Boston. We definitely didn't count on the hotel being completely stuffed (conventions and the World Series).
The staff were fabulous. They switched our reservation from one with free parking to free breakfast since we had no car and found us a quiet room for 3 of our 4 nights. They appear to have given us a handicapped room for the first three nights which was more than adequate. When we heard a baby fussing next door on the fourth afternoon, they quickly found us another room on a much higher floor with a gorgeous view and our move was fairly effortless. It would have been better if they had paid attention to our request for a quiet room and not moved the baby in next door however.
The location is fantastic. They are 1 block away from the red line and 2 blocks away from the Back Bay station and the orange line (you can walk outside).
We ate at the breakfast buffet every day. On the weekends, there is a fresh omelet station which makes this very worthwhile. During the week, it might be preferable to order off the menu since some of the hot foods seem to sit around a bit too much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location and the rooms are a very good size with great views of the area. Also, thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel associates, they make it all happen.

Thank you again and we hope that you come stay with us every time you are visiting your daughter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a hour or so of transfering subway lines under the city if Boston my wife and I arrived at Copley square. (I'll take a cab next time). The Hotel was as promised. Freindly attentive staff, clean rooms, and a fantastic central location. Resturant bragged of the best chowder in Boston, it was the best I have had.The Enterprize rental car employees in the lobby were in a league of their own when it came to service. I would reccomend this Westin to anyone no matter what your standards may be.

Room Tip: Overlook the square if you can
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Boston. I am so pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to interact with our associates. They are a great group. I certainly agree with you, our location is very good. We are centrally located to so many shops and attractions. Our chowder is the best - I can't get enough of it myself!
Thank you again. Please visit us again soon.
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

In Copley Square, near the library and a pick up point for the hop on hop off bus, this proved to be a great choice. It's located in a shopping mall so plenty of restaurants in reach without the need to venture outdoors if cold. Spacious, quiet rooms with stunning views from 28th floor. Helpful concierge. Would recommend!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location. I am pleased to read that you liked the room and the view. Our views are second to none and the rooms are a very good size. The Sky Walk connecting us to the shopping plazas certainly comes in handy during the colder months. Thank you again and we hope that you come to visit us again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

You can't beat this location. We took the Acela train from NYC to Boston Back Bay. It is so convenient to stay at the Westin. From the train station, you can take the underpass to Copley and then walk through the mall to the hotel. ~10 minutes. The rooms are small. We had a Jr Suite so I can't imagine what a regular room is like. However, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and restaurants/delis are good. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location. I was glad to hear that you had excellent interactions with our associates and discovered some of the many restaurants we have here on the property. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dallas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was nice and larger than expected for a city location. Great views! My only negative is that the elevators were slow.

The location was great for walking to many locations and close to the T for catching the train.

I was a little disappointed with the staff recommendations for restaurants. They didn't recommend anything but the standard tourist traps or hotel dining even though we asked for places more local and off the beaten path so do your own research!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the recommendations for dinner that you received from our staff, they are usually very intuitive to what our guests are looking for. I certainly agree with you, our location is very good. We are centrally located to so many shops, attractions and dining. Thank you again. Please visit us again soon. We look forward towards your next visit
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our first stay at this Westin property. I liked that is was a quick taxi ride from Logan airport (about 15 min / $25 in low traffic). It's a standard big city Westin in smell, style, service. If you are a Westin fan, you will not be disappointed. There is a pool at this property which is a nice perk at a Boston hotel. Room service was prompt and good tasting. There were many members of the media staying at the hotel while we were there - not sure if that's the norm a this property.

Room Tip: There are about 36 floors in this hotel - rare in Boston. A room on a high floor yields a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while you toured Boston. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. We have a great staff and we strive to deliver great service to all of our guests.
Our heated pool really is a nice amenity. I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy it!
Thank you again, and I hope you have the chance to come and visit us again.
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. We stayed here last winter. The rooms are clean and there's a great pool. We especially like the location!
Also we ate one night at the restaurant downstairs, it was very nice. Love the location!

• Stayed March 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed dinning in our restaurant. We are very proud of it. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward towards your next visit.