“Great location and service.”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Great location and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for my last trip to Boston. The location is great! Close to everything and great area to walk. There is a $47/night parking fee, but that's about the norm. The rooms are average to slightly bigger than average and and the beds very comfortable. The walls seem thick enough to block out sound and the view I had on the 15th floor was great. The hotel also connects to a mall through a skywalk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I am glad you enjoyed your room. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed a long weekend in Boston at the Westin at the end of a week on the Cape. It is in a great location, a couple of blocks from the river. We dumped our rental car as parking was about $50 a day and we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. Our room was a large corner suite with a view of the Charles River. The view was incredible in the evening and during the day, once the fog burned off. We had drinks in the bar a couple of times, nothing spectacular, just what you'd expect at the Westin, Very nice.

The bed was super comfy. The couch and chairs were comfy too. Nice to sit and have a drink in the room while either watching a bit of TV or being amazed at the awesome view.

I'd stay here again and again.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the better the view. Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. You are so right, the corner rooms are great and have awesome views of the river and city. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and room. Thank you again.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great location. You can walk around Boston from here. Close to Newbury St for looking at shops. Good for walking around or walking to Boston Public Garden. Several bar options. Close enough to Fenway. Breakfast was up to Westin standards. Clean and modern room with a good view.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us. We are very centrally located and close to so much. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come to see us again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved the central location in the heart of Boston's Back Bay. Parking was expensive as usual is the same at any Boston hotel.

The room was large and spacious. I thought the beds were comfortable. I did find the keys somewhat confusing since if someone was in the room and flipped the privacy switch, your card key wouldn't work (or at least that's what we discovered after thinking our room keys had been deactivated). Anyway, I loved that it was connected to the Copley Place (mall) and Prudential (mall) which was nice especially when the weather was not so great. Quick walk to most locations in Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Boston. Sorry for the confusion with your keys, but glad to hear you enjoyed the room and bed. Safe travels. We hope to see you again soon.
Great Falls, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and they took good care of us. I got one of the business suites and it was nice to have a solid office desk and sturdy wifi to get me through the inevitable conference work crunches. Good times - both professional and personal - were had.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us for your conference. So glad to hear we took good care of you. It's a great team and they take pride in servicing our guests. Safe travels. Hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Westin. I was given a SPG room on the 35th floor with spectacular views of Back Bay/the harbor. King room was spacious, had all the wonderful amenities expected in a Westin room, and was recently renovated. The hallways and guestrooms all looked fresh and had little wear and tear. The only problem I had in the room was a broken hair dryer, but someone promptly came and replaced it with a brand new one. Which brings me to discuss service - everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful. One of the nights, I arrived back to my room and a neighbor in a corner suite left out a take-out bag from Legal Seafood in the hallway, causing the hallway started to smell of bacon and fish. I promptly called "Service Express" and told the lady about the bag of smelly (left out, left over) food. The woman was super apologetic (even though it was not her fault) and the issue was promptly resolved. When I read about people's reviews of service on this site, I always want to point out what hotel employees have to go through - picking up gross trash (not even from the hotel's restaurant) - to keep their hotel clean and guests happy. Kudos is deserved here. Felt bad for the staff to have to deal with smelly trash like this.... and again, not even from the hotel's restaurant.

Housekeeping was good. My room, and my parents' room, received bottles of complimentary water, new toiletries, and stocked coffee bar/area every morning (inc. ample paper cups!). One thing to note is that our mini bar was not stocked, but that was not an issue for us, as we don't usually take items from the mini bar, but instead sometimes like to use the fridge. Thus, we liked that in order to get your mini bar serviced, you had to call the Ingredients phone line. Ingredients is located in the lobby of the hotel and is a quick service shop. They stock the mini bars. Even though this could be an inconvenience to some, I think that overall it's probably smarter for the hotel to be accurate in charging/not charging guests for food/drinks and for the guests, as the food (even if it's packaged) is fresher. I'm always grossed out by the idea of chips sitting in a room for months and months. Even if they don't get stale, it's still a bag of chips that has had a longer shelf life than most chips in a convenience store, etc.

I loved the location of the hotel. So easy to get to/from the hotel by all means of transportation. I also loved how there were so many shops in close proximity - in the hotel building itself there's a wonderful spa, Starbucks (loved the location to the lobby), Turners Fishery (read my review below), a jewelry store, and more.

Turners is a hidden gem. The location of the restaurant is a little strange, as to most guests, you have to walk out of the hotel lobby on the 2nd floor to get to the door of the hotel close to a sushi restaurant and Starbucks. (All covered and inside though; you never need to leave the building.) The restaurant has a great selection of seafood (and meat!). I found the drinks/cocktail menu to be inspiring. Loved the Fall ideas. The soup of the day was a wonderful butternut bisque, ample bread, wonderful $1 oysters - only on Fridays; an amazing deal!, fresh seafood, and excellent dessert.

All in all, had a great weekend and didn't even get to check out the health club and indoor pool... will have to next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda C
Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. And thank you for the very kind words and the associates and the hotel. The team works very hard to take care of all of our associates, regardless of the situation.
You comments regarding the mini bar are spot on, so many of our guests enjoy the use of the empty refrigerator instead of the mini bar items. And as you stated, we can stock it on demand.
Thank you again for your business, we truly appreciate it.
P.S. I am glad you were able to visit Turner Fisheries, we do a very good job there.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Boston is a huge city and there are many different neighborhoods to stay in. I found that Westin Copley Place was the best location suiting my needs. I was there for a conference held across town but went two days early to do some sightseeing (5 nights total). Westin Copley is one block from the T/Green Line outside and you can also get to the T/Orange Line through the mall while never having to step outside! I rode the T to and from the airport to the hotel. One thing that I see under-emphasized are the connecting walkways that let you cover quite a few blocks indoors avoiding inclement weather outdoors.

I took the T out to the North End and walked all the way back. It's a hike but you get to see so much of the city. It was also an easy ride on the T to the Museum of Fine Arts. Six days and I didn't need a car or a taxi.

The hotel experience was also exceptional. Westin Copley really fits the image I have of what a Westin should be like- modern, roomy and comfortable. The view overlooking the square and the Charles River was gorgeous. The most impressive part of my stay at the Westin Copley was that their staff was VERY eager to be of service- this included two Guest Express staff (room service, side note: their hash browns are amazing) and one particular front desk agent that assisted me with the lobby wifi.

A couple weeks later... my coworker that was attending the same conference and also staying at the Westin Copley thanked me for finding such a great hotel.

-Eric

Room Tip: Check for their sales. I booked a corner junior suite for not much more than a regular room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while in town. I completely agree with you, our location is perfect. You really don't need a car when here and doing things around town. Boston is a great walking town with great public transportation. I am glad you took advantage of it. We hope that you get a chance to come back soon.......and thank you for the word of mouth referral to your colleague.