“5 Star All The Way!”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 11, 2013

First time at this hotel. We used our Starwood points for our stay.. and what a great deal for the number of points! The Hilton program should take note! The hotel is beautiful. We paid an extra $35.00 to upgrade to a junior suite, which was a corner room and very roomy! We weren't familiar with the area so we asked the concierge for some recommendations for a restaurant/bar to get some good deals. Lori was the concierge that called around and called us back with some recommendations. Thank you Lori! Your recommendation of Whiskey's was RIGHT ON TARGET!!! I'd recommend Whiskey's to anyone! I need to write a review for them too!

The only issue we had at the hotel was a roudy bachelorette bunch in the room beside us. Absolutely the rudest people I've ever had near me in a hotel. They must have had the door latch put so they could come in and out easily... bang.. bang.. bang went the door.

We noted this issue to Helena, and she gave us back 1/3 of the points used for the stay!

One other item to note, is the breakfast buffet... Just incredible!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a great and clean place to stay!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $35 if using points.. and get the Junior Suite!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to SPG. We appreciate your business. Good to hear that you enjoyed your time in Boston and found the hotel to your liking. Sorry about the noisy neighbors. Come see us agin soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,075)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My hubby and I were in town for a wedding. I was able to use Starwood points and stay at the wonderful Westin Copley. It was my second time in Boston and what a difference location makes. We were able to jump on the local train, walk around and shop, have several options for meals for any price range, and not to mention take in a Duck Tour which was based in walking distance! As for the hotel itself, we couldn't have asked for anything more, great room service, easy checkin/checkout, convenient and VERY accommodating spa/salon Grettacole (see Nita for nails and Vanessa for hair!), shops, starbucks and much more right on premises. One other new thing I loved was that the Copley offered workout gear (including sneakers) for $5 for the duration of your stay! No excuse not to work out and enjoy the extra space in your luggage! Totally worth it and very health-conscious. LOVED that. Lastly, if you HAVE to check out, you can conveniently check in your luggage and still enjoy Boston. When you're done, come right back and pick it up on your way out to the airport (also very close-by). In short, great experience and would love to stay there again each and every time we go back to Boston :) Thanks, Westin Copley staff!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while in town and thank you for your conituned loyalty to our SPG program. I was glad to hear that you discovered our Gear Lending program. So many of our guest use it and love it. We hope that you have a chance to come visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great location. It is a BIG hotel, so if you are looking for a boutique hotel, this isn't it. BUT the place is really nice, clean and modern. Very comfortable accommodations. And you can't beat the location! My goal wasn't to spend a ton of time in the hotel room, but to sightsee and this hotel is perfect for that. It's a great place to get the good sleep you need to see lots of stuff! And the best part, got a great deal on Hotwire for this place!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the room to your liking. The team works very hard at preparing for our guest arrival and then taking care of them while they are here. I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This a nice hotel, in a nice location. It has an interconnection to a large mall. Concierge service at the hotel where excellent. I was going to a Black Tie wedding. At last minute I realised I hadn’t packed any cuff links. The concierge service kept the gift shop open so I could come down and buy a pair. Then on my way to the Limo the heal fell off my shoe. Concierge service used instant glue to fix it. Well done lads.

Room Tip: Take a spin on the Duck Boat Ride
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while in town for the wedding. It was very nice to hear that the Concierge team took such good care of you. I will be sure to recognize them for a good well done.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Lovely hotel, very clean and rooms very spacious. Staff helpful and friendly. Good location and view from room beautiful. We stayed here for a week in a family room and it was very comfortable for 5 of us. You have to pay for wifi in room, however free in hotel lobby, were there were plenty of comfy chairs.

Room Tip: Higher up get excellent views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel and your room to your liking. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team, it is really what we strive for and I am glad you had a chance to experience it. Safe travels.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice, comfortable, & clean, but the bathroom was quite cramped. It was nearly impossible for 2 people to get ready at the same time.

The staff was very friendly & helpful. The elevators seem to be inadequate for the number of people staying during our visit.

The location was great for sightseeing, shopping (the hotel is connected to a mall and a short walk to Newbury Street), and there are restaurants of every type/price range nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank iamamy1968

Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. I have to agree with you, our location is perfect. So much to do and see nearby. Sorry to hear about the elevators. I can assure you that we do have the adequate number of elevators, but will admit that there are times when there is a large number of guest moving about the hotel, it can seem as if that’s not the case. Thank you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very beautiful hotel, located in Boston downtown at walking distance from the main attractions. The rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable, with a nice view on the town.
Internet connection was not for free.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. We appreciate your business. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to your liking. While we do charge for internet connection in the room, we do offer it free to guests in the Lobby.Thank you.