“Right in the heart of everything”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Holly,MI
“Right in the heart of everything”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited the Westin for my nephews wedding this past weekend. As others have mentioned, the location is prime, the rooms are clean, the views are amazing, and the staff was friendly and competent. This rating would have been 5 star except for one thing - the pool. This is an important part of a trip for me. There is no hot tub. The pool is small, and does not even have steps into it. You have to either jump in or go backwards down a ladder. It is definitely not family-friendly. I normally swim daily, but didn't even bother after my first day especially as it was also chilly. The only other negative was the pay for wi-fi. Except for this we enjoyed out trip immensely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. It sounds as though you had a great stay. Sorry to hear that the pool was a disappointing size to you. As a note, we are able to make arrangements at our sister hotel nearby that does have a larger pool if lap swimming is desired. I hope that we see you again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Other than the chaotic scene with the semi-caring, semi-concerned bellhops / parking attendants, my stay at this hotel was solid. Room was sufficiently spacious and clean - bathroom was clean as well and water pressure was good. The bar within the hotel was comfortable and service was acceptable albeit not overly friendly. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while in Boston. We truly appreciate your business. Sorry to hear that the service you received from the luggage attendants was less than expected. But I am very glad to hear that the other parts of your stay were up to standard. Thank you for saying that you would stay here again. We hope to see you soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Beautiful property in great location. Beds were very comfortable and well-appointed room was large, clean and quiet. Front desk staff was friendly and concierge was helpful. Skyway connected the hotel to shopping area. Easy walking distance to great restaurants, park and attractions. I'd definitely recommend them and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I agree, we do have a great location, with great rooms and great views. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our team, they do a great job for us. I hope to see you soon.
Leicester
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have just stayed for 2 nights at the Westin Hotel, Copley Place (I would have stayed more but they were fully booked).

Oh my, this is just a fabulous, amazing hotel. The staff, the food, the gym and the room were of the highest standard. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The room was larger than I would expect and the service from the team was second to none. If this is the Westin standard, then I am a new long term customer. I will definitely be back for my next visit.

Thanks all at the hotel for a lovely stay!

Jen

Room Tip: I was on the 23rd floor - the room was quiet and I had a wonderful nights sleep
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Boston. Sorry we couldn't get you in for the additional night, I hope you won't hold that against us and will come back to visit us again soon. Thank you for your business and the very kind words.
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been traveling to Boston on several occasions over the past several years for both business and pleasure and without exception, my "go to" hotel is the Westin Copley Place. First of all, the hotel is located in the Back Bay area, close to many great restaurants, shopping and other activities. The staff is very accommodating and friendly and the hotel has all of the amenities that one could want. Some of the rooms on the higher floors have spectacular and unobstructed views of the City of Boston and the Charles River. I've recommended the hotel to countless friends and business associates and I look forward to many more trips to the Westin Copley Place in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor that faces the Charles River.....spectacular views!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us AGAIN!!! We are so pleased to hear that we are your "go to" hotel. That is what the Team strives for. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Be well, and thank you again for your continued loyalty. We truly appreciate it.
Kansas City
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Westin Copley Place is in a great location to explore Boston. So many restaurants, bars, and sites are walkable, and there's transit for those that aren't. Check in was a breeze and the staff we interacted with were very nice.

The room had an amazing view of the river, and the beds were so comfortable. The room was very clean. There was a bit of noise from the hallways, but there seemed to be a few weddings at the hotel, so that might not be normal.

Pros: Super comfortable beds, Location, Views
Cons: Noisy hallway at times, lack of free Internet/WiFi in the room

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zacb275
Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate your busy. You are so right, our location is absolutely perfect for visiting Boston. Everything is so convenient. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the views. We hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again soon. Thank you.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my wife on our visit to Boston. The hotel was conveniently located in front of the amtrak train station which was great. We were paying a visit to my sister and at the same time to do some sight seeing. The city is beautiful and very historic. The hotel location makes it easy to walk around and use as a central point to Government Center (a short stop away in the trolley) or Fenway Park. The staff is very professional and what you would expect from this hotel. The room is immaculate and the choice of dining facilities is impressive. The hotel is also attached to a mall which is good for those rainy days. Definitely recommend this place for a short or long stay. Its a bit pricey but if you can afford it, its definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. And thank you for the very kind words regarding the hotel and the Team. They work very hard to ensure that our guest have great stays while here. It sounds as though you had an enjoyable visit to Boston. We hope that we see you again soon.