“Great Location! Great Concierge!”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent the weekend in Boston and stayed at the Westin Copley Place. Our room on the 28th floor had fantastic views. The room and bathroom were clean and modern. Our room was at the corner tip, so it was bright with plenty of sunlight.

I thought the bathroom lighting was a little dim and the toilet was a little short. But the finishes were beautiful. Loved the rain shower head.

The only problem I had with sleeping (why I gave it an average) was that the other guests doors closing were quite loud - especially at 1 AM. Other than that, the bed was comfy and I slept well.

The location is fantastic. Right near the library, the T, and Trinity Church. A short walk (3 blocks) from lots of shops a restaurants in the Back Bay section of the city.

Marise at the Concierge desk was so friendly and helpful. She always had a smile on her face and gave easy to follow directions. She helped us book a lovely sunset sail in the harbor. If it wasn't for Marise, we would have missed out on the sail, and the great memories of seeing Boston by water.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Copley Place, Boston

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fortunately for me I came to this hotel on a one night free stay with the gift certificate that I had. I checked in and trying my luck I asked for a higher floor. Surprisingly, The front desk agent upgraded me to the 34th floor which is only two floors away from the top. When I got to the room, it had one of the best views I've ever had from in all my travels. The room was clean and was well appointed and the staff was nice everywhere I went and the food for breakfast was really good as well. I was extremely satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank conciergechampion
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Connected to the Copley Mall, where the shopping is unbeatable. Linked to other shopping centres with a variety of shops that will satisfy the most avid shopper. From the ultimate high-end designers to your daily needs, everything under one roof.

In addition, the charming and very accessible Newbury Street with the great variety of shops is just a few minutes walk away. Then there is the Public Library with its memorable architecture, the museums, the parks, etc.

In the mall and all around the hotel are many restaurants that getting a good meal is not an issue.

Rooms are clean and housekeeping does a good job. The view of Boston is, of course, a bonus. Staff are always polite and helpful.

Two members of the team who stand out are: Lincoln Barrett from Service Express and Ezra in the breakfast room The Huntington.

Lincoln is always positive and helpful. In addition constructive in solving problems. He is professional and courteous at all times. A terrific team member of Westin.

Ezra Is always cheerful and helpful. Always trying hard to please his guests. He is efficient and tries to remember what his guests like.

These two staff members are representative of many at the Westin who will make your stay pleasant and hassle-free.

Highly recommend the Westin Copley Place.

Room Tip: Rooms all have some view. The higher you go, which means more expensive, the views get better. The C...
1  Thank chiahhwang
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Boston Westin Copley. The hotel and staff exceeded all expectations and I would have no issue staying here again or refering this hotel to a friend/relative.

ARRIVAL:

Access to the hotel entrance is off of Huntingdon Avenue and is a one way Street in this area. The hotel entrance is to your left slightly pass the intersection at Dartmouth Street.

A fair warning as you arrive that this is a downtown hotel and parking is limited. The hotel will charge you $47.00 per night to park however there are parking lots in the area you can utilize away from the hotel that will cost you less. However after factoring in the convenience with luggage and location we opted to use the hotel valet. I checked with another comparable hotel in the area and found they were charging the same so I would assume that most of the downtown hotels are the same.

CHECK IN:

The lobby is located on the second floor immediately above the front door/valet area. The lobby was clean and cared for and adequate staff were on hand to accomodate the numerous arriving guests. We booked this hotel through another company and had no issues being treated any different then if I had booked it through Starwood. We were greeted and checked in by a cheerful and polite young lady promptly prior to the hotel's regularly scheduled check-in time. We did not sample any of the hotel restaurants so I cannot comment here but did take in the lobby bar which has nice atmosphere with a polite wait staff with lots of room to sit and enjoy.

ROOM:
We received a beautiful well appointed king room on the 27th floor. The room was spacious, clean and the view of Boston spectacular. The bathroom was clean and the rainfall showerhead a nice touch. Everything worked well and we had absolutely no issue or concern with our room. The bed was super comfortable and welcomed after a long 9hr drive from Canada.

STAFF:
Exceptional is the word I will use. As someone not from the area their friendliness, assistance and advice was appreciated. So much to the point that we tried to book another night to stay longer. However the hotel was full but they went above and beyond by securing us a night at another sister hotel. Every member of the staff we had interaction with was a great ambassador for the hotel.

EXCURSIONS:

We used Old Town Trolley Tours and were not disappointed in our tour of Boston including stops along the Freedom Trail. The package we purchased offered two days of access to the trolleys which are frequent and which also included a guided tour on a boat around the harbor. We visited many of the local spots including the USS Constitution to Cheers. The trolley and harbor cruise stops near them all so you never have to walk very far. A word of advice to those planning on touring the USS Constitution you will need photo Id with you to access the ship. The trolleys run until 5pm and you can get off and on as many times as you like to accomodate your needs. The guides were friendly, knowlegable and willingly offered advice/direction ony any questions we had. As a Red Sox fan the trip to Boston would not have been complete without a trip to Fenway Park where we watched the Red Sox take two of three from the Yankees. Even if you are not a Red Sox fan you should still take in a game at this historical park.

It would take me to long to list the many pubs and restaurants we visited while here. Each one was unique in it's own right and we never had a bad meal or bad service from any of them. As I earlier mentioned with the hotel every person I/we met was friendly and a great ambassador to the City of Boston. We had no concerns walking around day or night.

Overall a great trip to Boston and a city I look forward to visiting again. The atmosphere of this city and it's people are great and made the difference. Wish we could have stayed longer!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have lived in Boston for 17 years and stayed here for 3 days before my family moved. Location wise it could not be better. It has a super location that is close to everything. That said it is also a huge hotel that is pretty impersonal, you get the feeling that you are checking in to an airport and the service is average at best (nothing extra ordinary even if you have spg status). Its fine for what it is which is a centrally located hotel for sleeping, if you are looking for a more genuine Boston experience, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nkaynor
Reviewed July 24, 2013

WWe had a wonderful view from our hotel. It was in an absolutely fabulous location, literally right in front of you when you get off the subway. Within walking distance of everything! Concierge was very friendly and helpful in pointing us in the right direction of a great restaurant. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice hotel! Excellent location. We had a fantastic view of the city. Beds are amazing. Loved their green program. The property connects to the Copley Mall which connects to the Prudential Mall. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family