“" It's the little things that matter "”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shirley, Massachusetts
“" It's the little things that matter "”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent 2 nights for the first time at The Westin Copley Place for our 35th Anniversary! While communicating with Anna before our arrival about requests and questions (which she had answered all ) , we did not expect to get most requests filled as first time customers. Well...
Upon check in we were greeted with sincere smiles and congratulated on our 35th anniversary ( very surprised nice touch .) When we walked into the room it was a total
( surprise again ) of the magnificent upgraded room. The view of the water and city were spectacular. Room service brough in a bottle of wine and a cheese & fruit tray ( again..wowed ) and a beautiful note from Anna. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable.
Anna went so out of her way to accomodate all our requests plus more. She took care of our reservations at Turner Fisheries in the hotel. Dinner was so special as Christine the maneger had set us up at an intimate and quiet table. Complimentary champagne and the most beautiful sample plate of desserts are memorable for us ( again not expected ) Thank you Christine. Our waiter Ismal was so professional and sweet to take care of us too.
Our stay was perfect in every way and because of all the little things that were not expected we believe ( at least at The Westin Copley Place ) that Service comes first and maybe location 2nd. We know now from experience that we will get the same first class service whether its a special occasion or just a getaway!
Thank you Anna!
Sue & Rich

Room Tip: Ask for a city view if your chillin out at night in your room. Ask for a river view if having coffee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Happy Anniversary Sue and Rich, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston, particularly for such a special occasion

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and Anna is no exception...a true Super Star that we are very proud to have on our staff. Your comments are very rewarding...I will be sure to share this with Anna and the staff.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Right in the middle of Boston's Copley Square, this great modern hotel is one of the two anchor hotels of the indoor shopping mall, Copley Place. (The other anchor hotel is the Copley Marriott.) Connected by heated pedestrian bridges, and across the street to the Prudential Center's Shoppes, it is possible to spend your entire stay without putting on a coat. Tons of shops, restaurants, a subway station in the basement, what more would you need?
Rooms are spacious, the lobby is under construction as of this visit (January, 2013), but the temporary lobby is more than adequate.
If you are looking for an indoor shopping venue that rivals Montreal's "underground city", the Westin Copley can't be beat.

1 Thank Drgallo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were only there for one night as part of a NFL package. The Bed was the most comfortable hotel bed that I've ever been in. The room was clean. The view from our room was awesome on the 11 floor. Our phone and safe didn't work however, internet was 12.95 a night, a cheeseburger from room service which we couldn't order due to the phone, was 17.00 and breakfast is NOT FREE or incuded...buffet was 26.00...we ate at the Dunkin Donuts down the street and that was great! good location a 10$ cab ride from Fanuille Hall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston, and I am sure you were delighted with the outcome of the football game.

I am terribly sorry that you had problems with your phone and safe...I wonder if you made us aware and we couldn't fix it or if we just didn't have the opportunity to do so? You are correct we are not the least expensive hotel in Boston but we do cost and pricing comparisons for the Boston Market every 6 months and we are in line with like size and level hotels.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again the next time you visit Boston.
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived in Boston by Amtrak at BBY and the hotel is 5 mins away.

Very elegant and clean - nice staff, the typical works.

My room is super quiet and because it is on the top floor - great views of Back Bay, etc

2 double beds - nice size flat screen - great shower (rainfall showerhead).

Highly recommend for business or pleasure (if budget affords).

Room Tip: Top floor is 36 - great views!
1 Thank Peter-from-Darien
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been staying at the Westin for the past five years and continue to receive great service. Location is great --- right at Copley Square, so easy access to Boylston and Newbury streets, Green Line, etc. More importantly, the hotel is connected to the Prudential Mall, allowing indoor access to shopping and a number of fine restaurants. Beds are comfortable, pool and workout facilities are in good condition. Breakfast buffet very high quality.

Note, however, that the lobby is under renovation and completely closed. The registration desk is now in the restaurant/bar. The hotel has done a good job managing this, but nevertheless there is no lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel G
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and your comments are very rewarding...I will be sure to share this with the staff. We are 10 days away from completing the lobby renovation and as you point out I think have done a good job of managing any potential disruption...we did convert Bar 10 into the Front Desk and our lobby...similar to a W "Living Room" which turned out kinda fun!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in Boston for just one night for a conference in the Hynes Convention Center. As it was in the single digits outside, I was thrilled to discover that I could get to the convention center from the Westin Copley Place without having to go outside! I got a great rate through the conference, and was really impressed with the hotel. The front desk and concierge staff were friendly and helpful. My room was huge, and I had a great view of the city skyline and the river. I though the furnishings were really high end, and the muted color scheme was perfect for relaxing after a long day at the conference. The bathroom, especially, was very spa-like, with great products. One thing I noticed, but wasn't able to take advantage of since my stay was so short, was that for just $5, they'll outfit you with New Balance workout clothes and shoes (very nice if you're on a short trip and don't have space for workout clothes in your suitcase). Possibly this is something standard now, but I hadn't seen it before. If I had been staying longer, I definitely would have made use of the service. One small inconvenience was that the internet was very slow. If it had been free, I wouldn't complain, but at $12.95/day, I expect to be able to get some work done without being bumped off every few minutes. Overall, I had a great stay with the Westin, and would certainly stay again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spent a night here for business. The room was comfortable and well appointed with the room pretty new compared to other westin hotels that I have visited. There's not much to complain about this place at all. There's nothing surprising about this place either. Westin is a Westin globally and that's why people go for it..because they know what to expect. The only issue I had was that the staff was extremely slow in responding to your requests -- my key wasn't working upon check-in..it took the staff 15 mins to bring the new key to my floor and open the door for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlyssaFl, Manager, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Jumeirah_queen,
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apologize for the delay in getting a new key delivered to you after checked-in. I can safely say that this is not indicative of the level of service we have prided ourselves on nor that with which you have come to expect from a Westin. We will look into this with our Front Desk team.
We hope to see you again at The Westin Copley Place very soon.