“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Great Staff”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

After some problems with the phones and communication systems in the room, the staff was exceptionally helpful in solving the problem with a terrific up-grade and amenities. Stephen Sarah and Brendan certainly went out of their way to redress the problems and ensure that we were more than pleased with the hotel and the services provided.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...I am happy to see that while we may have had some issues that presented themselves in the beginning, we were able to address them and subsequnetly follow up to make sure that we mitigated them to your satisfaction. We fully realize that when dealing witht he human element you are bound to make mistakes, but it is how you deal with those mistakes that will take you to the eventual outcome of a zero defect product.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the moment you pull up to the hotel you are greeting by friendly employees. The people who work at the front desk are extremely nice and welcoming. The lobby is very spacious and has a lot of seating available by a fireplace. The building is very tall so ask for a room on one of the higher floors if available. We stayed on the 34th floor and the view was amazing. You don't hear much of the traffic outside which is very nice in a busy city. In the rooms they provide you with a coffee pot and free bottles of water. They also have this great deal where you can rent gym clothes and sneakers for $5 so you don't have to pack your own.

The location is perfect! You can take a sky bridge to the Prudential center or to some of the other shopping areas. There are plenty of restaurants and Starbucks' around so you're covered for every meal.

I stayed at the hotel right before New Year's and surprisingly did not pay a fortune. Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room for a better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...we are very proud of all of our staff and your comments are very rewarding...I will be sure to share this with the staff.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

An ideal location for exploring downtown Boston. The hotel went above and beyond in terms of service, notably Jen at the concierge desk. She was incredibly helpful and gave such dedicated and personalised service, exceeding every expectation from start to finish. She single-handedly elevated a chain hotel into a boutique hotel experience with her personable professionalism and attention to every detail. She has turned us into loyal return customers. Room service was also good and the breakfast in the dining room was excellent. There is also a large and up-to-date gym. Overall, a great experience which we intend to repeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...We are extremely proud of all of our staff and Jen is a perfect example of the dedicated and guest oriented employees that you will find throughot our hotel. She is truly a shining star and we are very lucky to have her on our staff. I will be sure that she recieves your comments if she hasn't seen them already.

New England
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

As Starwood members, we stay in alot of Westin and W Hotels but this is one of our favorites. Our son and girlfriend were taking the train from NYC..Back Bay Station right across the street, so convenient! we were upgraded to two junior suites by a gracious and efficient front desk staff (thanks, Tarky) and had gorgeous city views from the 19th floor. Rooms spotless and nice Starbucks coffeemaker. Snowed while we were there but who cared when you could walk through Copley Place and the Prudential Center without a coat and shop the post-Christmas sales. one mishap...one of our shopping bags was misplaced by the bellman...but they found it a day later and made it right...shipping the bag to Los Angeles to our other son ...great customer service!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank The4Bears
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

Thank you also for your comments on the staff and the service...I am happy to see that we found your son's package and were able to get it to him promptly...when dealing with the human elwement you are bound to make mistakes from time to time, but it is how you deal with the mistake that counts.

New York
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pros: The Westin Copley is right at the heart of Boston within walking distance from the Back Bay station, in the same building as the Copley Place (which is a high end mall if you like shopping), and in close proximity to some nice restaurants. The room where we stayed was spacious, clean, and quiet and we had a good night's rest. The hotel seems to be a popular choice among business and leisure travelers alike. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is also a rent-a-car within the vicinity which is very convenient.

Cons: Breakfast at the hotel was on the pricey side and while they serve a range of cold and hot food options, it wasn't anything exceptional. The service was also a bit slow although we stayed at this hotel on a holiday and I can understand how stretched the staff must be at that time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast buffet in Huntington did not WOW you...while it was the Holidays there is no excuse for slow service and for that I apologize.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is its location. Downtown business district, Back Bay train station, Boston Garden, even Symphony Hall are all within walking distance, as I like walking around. Boston Public Library is just cross the street and the hotel is connected to the Copley Mall and the Prudential Mall. Everything else about this hotel is just as good (bad) as any other hotel. I would come back to this hotel without hesitation.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to see you would come back and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

CT
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay here at least once a year (often for First Night) and will do so as often as we possibly can. I absolutely love this place for its service (so kind, so warm, so fast!), its linens, and its location, and I still love it as much as ever. This time, I also took what must be the best shower of my life in a shower with two faucets and a spray -- heavenly!

I've written a positive review for this hotel in the past and so before I wrote this one I went back to see if anything new was in the reviews. I have to say, I don't really agree with some of the more negative reviews. Yes, it's expensive (it's a Westin!). Yes, it's unfortunate that they charge for parking, wifi, and water, but so do most fancy places these day -- I hate it, but that's the way it is (at least they didn't charge for coffee!). I really wish they'd cut out those charges, but I'm sure not going to quit going to such a great place because of those things -- I'm just going to schlep my water in from the cvs across Copley and stay off the wifi for the night. Easy.

And I am DEFINITELY going to back just so I can take another glorious shower in that stall. Worth the price right there. ;-)

1 Thank cathyhub
Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location and the Heavely Bed and linens. Central to everything you need to do in Boston, and awfully hard to get our of the bed one you are in it!

I also appreciate your comments on the parking and WiFi...we are painstaking in our review of what the market is doing and you are correct all our competition charges for these services and while we are not the least expensive, we are not the most either.