“Nice rooms, great service, sexy bar”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent location with valet parking. Met friends in the bar during the week. The bar closed a little early, but it was a nice atmosphere. Then spent the night in a very comfy bed. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,107)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Although the room was good, the service wasn't. The safe in our room didn't work. It took 45 minutes for maintanance todecide they couldn't get it to work. By then we had missed our appointment and needed to change rooms. It ended with another unsafe feeling: apparently half of our fridge was emptied (according to their automatic system) at an hour we definitely were not in the hotel. Either somebody enjoyed the facilities in our room or the 'fully automated' system failed. I hope for the latter, They were good about it at reception desk and we didn't have to pay for it, but the system sucks definitely.
To stand in line for a table for breakfast and waiting for an order for more than 20 minutes which was served cold in the end didn't add to the experience either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am happy that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations...I would respectfully disagree with your ascertation that we are too big to provide service. To me that is just an excuse and quite frankly no matter what size the hotel is there is never a good excuse for poor service and for that I apologize. I am a bit confused on the state of your private bar. It may have been some tye of malfunction as you mentioned, but I will have our Room Service Manager look at the system to ensure that it is working properly

Reviewed October 17, 2012

As with most Westin properties, this is no exception and will not disappoint. The Hotel is located in the heart of Copley Square, adjoins the shops/mall at Copley and is walking distance to many great restaurants and Boston sites. The room was typical of Westin's consistent high quality with great beds etc. The only drawback was the room was somewhat small but that is of no surprise as typical with many downtown large hotels. I would recommend as a solid Westin experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Great location in Boston. Short cab ride away from anything you want to see in Boston and many things within walking distance. Not cheap but would gladly stay here again. Connected to a variety of stores also

• Stayed: October 2012
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Westin Copley Place for a graduate school reunion. This was the chosen hotel for our class. It is very well located and there are several similar hotels within two blocks.

This Westin was totally predictable. A 3 decade old structure with the style and layout of that period. Rectangular rooms with adequate space, except in the bathroom. Indeed, the bathroom was a true challenge with poor lighting and almost no room to move around. The room decor is simple but neat with adequate closet and drawer space for a short visit. Elevators are a little slow due to the size of the hotel. The service was polite and attentive, when you got noticed. Again, this is a big, convention style hotel that is not set-up for boutique hotel style service. We only had one breakfast in the hotel and it is clear, they strain serving a heavy load of guests. Have the buffet.

All-in-all, the hotel is just what you would expect and met our expectations which were not high from the outset.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. I am happy we met your expectations although we strive to exceed them and will continue to work on them in an effort to do so consistently.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I were at the beginning of an eleven day trip which started out in Dallas. We flew to Boston for a one night stay before continuing on to the Balkans. We booked our room based on location and price. We got a very good deal online.
Upon checking in and giving them our Starwoods reward number, we were asked which perk we would like. Free internet or parking. We took the internet. The room was quite nice and more then adequate. The bed was truly heavenly.
You cannot beat the location It's as good as it gets.
The staff was more then helpful...they were nice.
If you get a chance to stay in Boston and want a central location in a very comfortable hotel,you might want to give the Westin serious consideration

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston on your way to the Balkins....sounds like a wonderful trip and I am jealous! We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston. I am also very pleased that our service met or perhaps exceeded your expectations...you cannot ask for more than that!

Have a wonderful and safe trip and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Had a good stay here but found it very plain for a Westin. Good location for touring Boston but a plain hotel. And paying for wi-fi when their rates are what they are is just insulting. No feel to the hotel, very cold and plain feel.

Room Tip: Better view higher
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the hotel was plain and not special. Certainly that is not what we strive for, particualrly from a service standpoint...I hope that we met or exceeded your expectations regarding serivce...physical design can be personal but service should extend to everyone.