“Great Starwood member value!”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“Great Starwood member value!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and connected to lots of shopping--this helps if it's cold or raining outside. It's also a very short walk to Newberry St. The front desk check-in was good because I didn't have to wait in line but our room was not ready until 5pm. The valet guys are not as friendly or as efficient as they should be for a Westin. They valet parking was $47 with in-out privileges but it always took 15 for the car to come whether it was busy or not. The room is nothing special with smaller than average bathroom but it was very clean and housekeeping was pleasant when I asked for more shampoo. I would stay here again because of the location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to expectations in the Valet Department...not what we strive for, and I will be sure to review your comments with our Garage Manager.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (925)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed only one night, but this is a first class bunch of professionals. The valet and check in personnel were friendly and competent. We were in a hurry and were able to quickly check in . The views of the Charles are fabulous.
We changed our reservation from a king room to one with two queens without any trouble, in spite of a full hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and one with views of the river and fenway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Curacao
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Not sure if it's worth 4 * rating. The bedroom and bedding is average. The bathroom is updated but quite small. The location is good, connected to 2 malls and right in front of Boston library. Indifferent customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. You mentioned that the bedding was average. This is the newest iteraton of the Westin Heavenly Bed and the Duvet has always been a white down comforter. You will experience the same in every Westin that you travel to. I am more disappointed that you felt that the service came across as indifferent. This is not what we strive for and less than we expect with all service encounters. My apologies.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I had a great time staying here. We were gifted two nights through a friends reward points and had a great time. The room was spectacular-views into Fenway park. The pool and hot tub were much comfort after our international flight. The location was central and great to walk from to enjoy the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just spent 8 nights at The Westin Copley Place. I travelled with my wife and five children. I was attending a conference but extended our stay. We had two great junior suites. It was a perfect way for us to experience Boston. Breakfast buffet was a real highlight for us. Beautiful food but we had so much fun with the brilliant staff. Particularly Ezra. He is a legend!!!

Room Tip: Junior suites are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location,the view and the serivice, and Ezra is no exception. You are right as well he is truly a legent and has been with us for 15 years!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Really nice hotel, great location, so much to do. I didn't have to use as many points as I thought I would and it was very much worth it. The only disappointment is that the beds were too soft for my liking but everyone has different tastes. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Midwest
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Things can get expensive here but you are in Boston.

Being a muddle level member of their rewards program, I was upgraded to a high floor river view room which was very nice. I also was offered free wi-fi which would have been about $25.

Valet is about $47 per day.

Room was quiet for a large hotel.

They offer for a $5 rental Reebok workout attire.

Walkable to Prudential center shops and Newbury (sp?) st shops.

Front desk can be slow at times but calls to get service from room were handled promptly.

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and rooms were updated and clean.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston, and it appears that you had a good time...you are correct it can be expensive in Boston but we do a survey of our competitors pricing every six months and we are in line with every Brand in the city.