“Great hotel and Staff in central Boston”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Derbyshire
“Great hotel and Staff in central Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed 3 nights they gave us a free upgrade to a junior suite with a very good view on the 22nd floor. We could look over all Boston harbour and river. The room was very large with lots of room and equipment in. The staff were very helpful. Our flight London was not till 7.00pm. The hotel staff were happy for us to keep the room for a late check out. Breakfast was one of the best we had in 3 weeks around New England. We had evening 2 meals in Turners Fisheries connected to the hotel they were very good and with a very good choose of fish and none fish

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good with a view 2201 is a very good room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. I am happy we wer able to upgrade you and extend a late checkout...I am sure it eased some of the tensions while waiting for your flight back to London...

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

You know how you mean to write a good review but keep forgetting and then lose the business card with the staff names you wanted to mention? It's been too many months than I'd care to admit since our family stayed at this property (OK, it was last Thanksgiving) but I did come across that card and wanted to say how much we enjoyed the warm welcome we were given at the Westin. Beautiful view, outstanding location, and great staff (especially Emily and Jeff at the Front Office). I think they worked all weekend, because they were there whenever we stopped by. Very professional, friendly, and accommodating. Great concierge who was spot-on with restaurant recommendations. Also, when my daughter wanted a haircut, she recommended a number of salons in the neighborhood as well as the one right there at the hotel. My daughter ended up going there and getting one of her best cuts ever. Finally, you can't beat just waking up and walking right into the mall for Black Friday shopping!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - awesome views!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your stay at The Westin Copley Place.You are so true when you say better late then never and I am very appreciative of you taking the time to highight your stay. Emily and Jeff have moved on to bigger and better things, but we make it a point of replacing with as good, if not better talent, so when you return for this Thanksgiving I am sure you will find the service not only the same but better!

I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us for the Holiday. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

Skokie, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

room service is overpriced.(over 100 for soup, salad, 2 glasses of wine and they had to come up twice to get it right-granted it was late at night but I expect more from westin) no terry cloth robes.
good location though. the 199 rate ends up being a lot more. this westin did refund the room service though. know that I am a travel agent for a living.
make sure your bill is correct when you check out. good beds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank susan-travelpriories
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback frollowing your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am sorry that you had a less then favorable expereince with room service. I am a little confused at the cost being over $100.00 when the most expesive salad is $15.00 and themost expensive soup is a bowl of our award winning clam chowder at $10.00 and the most expensive wine by the glass is $18.00. Perhaps you ordered for two of each and in that case it could be over $100.00. More importantly is that we did not get it right the first time. There is no excuse for that whether it is early in the morning, late at night or in the middle of the day! For that I apologize. Every room gets a terry robe in the closet, so if your room was missing this then we did not replenish the robes when we made the room up...not our standard by any means.

Once again thank you for your comments and mhy apologies for the miscues you encontered.
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice & clean, great location, with 2 t-line stations within a block, one can be reach by going through the attached shopping mall. The Back Bay station has the Amtrak station in it. We checked out of the hotel and in 5 min. we were on the platform for our train to NYC.
There are loads of shopping, eating est. and sights close by. There is a nice CVS across Copley Square from the hotel that is 24 hrs. has groceries and Rx available.

Room Tip: It's a little on ground level. We we on the 20th floor quiet up there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dabear53
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location and view. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

When you think about really good travel experiences, they fall into two categories.

1. Nothing (awesome or bad) happened. The job got done, and you were able to focus on why you were there. This is always where I want my rental car transactions to be, or
2. Something went wrong - and the travel provider did many things to make things right.

The Westin Copley Place clearly fell into #1. When I look back in a year, I would guess that I may not even remember staying here. And already, I can't say a single "great" or "bad" thing about it. Room was very normal - nothing awesome or inspiring. But it was clean, had everything we needed, and was quiet. We did have a drink in their bar - again efficient, but nothing memorable happened.

So overall, we got what we wanted - a great location in Boston, and a hotel that did its job so well that we could focus entirely on our vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dukefan2331
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. Not memorable is not what we strive for! I am happy it was clean, quiet and efficient but if it is not memorable then we have not met our Purpose which it to engage, inspire and value every person every day! I will share your comments with the whole team in an effort to highlight what we need to continue to work on.

West Tisbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

As with any four star hotel the Westin brings you a clean, comfortable and efficient experience. The views were beautiful, the beds were quite plush, and the linens were first rate. One negative, and a minor one. I would love a deeper tub, and moreover, the shower curtain rod is straight, whereas so many other hotels have the bowed rod which gives a much less constricting experience when showering. Something else I've noticed in hotels is that oftentimes the voice on the tv lags behind the characters onscreen. Not sure if this is due the the length of the cable wire, number of people using the line or what, but just something I've noticed.

Being part of the Copley Place complex the location is wonderfully located to fantastic shopping inside Copley, and then in the opposite direction Copley Square, Boylston and Newbury Streets right out front.

Great all around experience.

Room Tip: End rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. The reason we do not have the Heavely bowed shower rod that you will find in most every Westin is the placement of the door...if we put the curved rod up the door because of the way it sweings would hit i all the time and we would be in a state of continuous replacement of those doors.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have been coming here for 8 years and the standards are as good if not better than ever. The rooms have had a facelift with new carpets, showers and artwork. There was a longer than usual wait to valet park but the attendant was very apologetic and welcoming. Room service was fast and the food was better than expected. The location s fantastic as the hotel is part of the huge Copley / prudential indoor shopping complex so every store you could ever want is at your fingertips. Highly recommend

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 01 are very quite and have a great layout.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. Thank yo also for your long term partnership with us....we cannot thank you enough.