“Good Hotel Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
washington, CT
“Good Hotel Value”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Westin is a good deal for a good hotel in a good location. We had a room on the 27th floor overlooking the Charles River and points SE for $275 a night. Can't beat it, and the Sorrellina Italian restaurant is dorectly across the street. The mall attched to the hotel has all of the top designer stores in it. If there's such a thing as a "one-stop-shopping" venue this is it.

Room Tip: high floor looking East or South
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedbackafter your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us while here in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here at the Westin and your comments are a true endorsement of what we strive to be every day.

Once again thank you very much. Your selection of The Westin Copley Place is very much appreciated. I realize you had many choices for hotels within the city, and I am grateful for your business.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family again the next time you visit Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Torrance, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Great location and view from our room was spectacular. The staff did their job but no one was very welcoming, overly nice or went out of their way to be helpful. When we asked for restaurant recommendations they only recommended their own. Our room was not cleaned on our first night, the sink backed up and the escalator to the street was not working for the three days we were there.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We cannot agree with you more on the location. Central to everything you need to do in Boston.

Honestly I am happy that the concierge is recommending our resuarants. We think they are as good as any in the city and we wuld prefer our guests stay with us as opposed to going out...having said that they are very knowledgeable of all the restuarants in the city and they should help you with those should you indicate that you would like to go out....

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff is terrific. There very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and I suggest you ask for a high floor because you will be able to get a great view of Boston. It is close to Fenway Park and tons of food and shopping places. This was truly a great stay and I will not go to any hotel but this one in Boston!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us here in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here at the Westin and your comments are a true endorsement of what we strive to be every day.

Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and had problems every time. They have never correctly credited my Starwood Preferred Guest account with points. On a couple of occasions, my party has accidentally left possessions in the room and not been able to get them back. On my most recent stay, in Aug 2012, my nephew left his Nintendo DS in the room. When I spoke with housekeeping, I asked that they mail it to me in the cheapest way possible way, since it isn't worth very much. Instead, they sent it by FedEx First Overnight delivery, which is the MOST expensive option that FedEx offers. I now have a FedEx charge for $64 on my credit card. I think I'll be staying somewhere else from now on.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
1 Thank Gordon_Odyssey
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am sorry to hear of the myriad of issues you have experienced while staying with us...not what we strive for and for that I aplogize...I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and if you had a moment perhaps you could contact me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. Thank you.
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel has spacious rooms, and those overlooking the city have superb views. The beds were excellent. Bathroom a bit small, but certainly adequate. Service at the Huntington restaurant was slow. The waitstaff was friendly, but there was quite a delay till bkfst arrived.
Valet parking is outrageously priced at $47/day. Tip....google Central Parking, Prudential Place. You can print off a coupon which allows you to park for $27 for 24 hrs. The entrance is about 1 block away from the hotel, directly across the street from the entrance of the Courtyard Marriott at 88 Exeter St. Merely check in, and drive less than one minute to save $20.
I would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us while here in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees, the location and the view here at the Westin and your comments are a true endorsement of what we strive to be every day.

You are correct that you can find cheaper parking in the neighborhood, but you will lose the convenience that you get here and you will not have in and out privelages.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for business and I've always been impressed, but last week I brought my family and we had a fantastic experience. The staff is extremely helpful (especially Stephen Shin at the front desk), the views of Boston were unparalleled from our room on the 35th floor, and the location is perfect for exploring the city.

1 Thank Scott P
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us while attending the conference here in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here at the Westin and Stephin is a perfect example of our stellar team. Your comments are a true endorsement of what we strive to be every day.

Bermuda
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at Westin for the second time in the last year. Service was very professional in the lobby and very polite when requiring a taxi or help with luggage. The maid service was excellent, our daughter was ill some of the time and they took really good care of us in the room. One minor issue is the handling of packages. If you order something to be delivered by post to the hotel it is dealt by the adjacent business centre who added $20 a package for the items that we had delivered. Technically the business centre is separate to the hotel but the fees were a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at The Westin Copley Place. I am delighted that you had the chance to stay with us while here in Boston. We are very proud of all the employees here at the Westin and your comments are a true endorsement of what we strive to be every day.

I am terribly sorry about the charge for delivery of the item to your guest room...I guess the question I would ask is how big the parcel was...we should not charge for simple fed ex envelopes for example...I will take a moment to look into this.