Taj Boston
$386
$356
Agoda.com
2,961 results
All reviewsnewbury streetmolton brown toiletriesfireplace butlerpark viewgreat locationthe ritzpublic gardensroom serviceelegant hotelturn down servicebeacon hillan upgradefreedom trailconciergeluxurycommonsslippers
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I stayed here 20 years ago when the hotel was the Ritz Carlton on a floor with the concierge service. This time, a vendor took care of the room selection for me (cost too, so no real complaints). The location is still great, but I really missed not being able to make coffee in my room. Yes, I know I could have ordered room service or traveled to the lobby and paid $3.25 for a cup to go; however, I really like a coffee pot in my room. I would stay somewhere less luxurious, but with my favorite convenience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed here with two friends for 8 nights and we loved it. We had an amazing view of the Public Garden and Beacon Hill that was great to look at day and night. The windows opened which was a plus because we could get fresh air. We had the Club Room and the service there was incredible. The staff in the Club Room were friendly and we enjoyed our time there even though two elderly women would steal the cookies wrapped up in napkins every time we were in there. We pointed them out to the staff but they could not intervene with the Cookie Monsters. Some people must save their pennies to stay in nicer hotels so they take what they can get. For me, staying in the Taj is nostalgic because it will always be the Ritz Carlton to me. That's how I remember it. It's worth the price. I think that the rooms are hardly sound-proof though because our neighbors were not pleased with us on our first night so we had to keep it down after that. They said that we were better when we saw them in the lobby the next day. All in all, it was a great place to stay. Oh, NO PARKING and I paid over two or three hundred dollars to park a rental car under Boston Common for a few days. I didn't need to use the car and couldn't find it after a few days!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank kobekeith
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Thhis is the perfect location to explore Boston. Thee Gardens are across the street, it is on Newberry St(Shopping), kitty Cormer to Beacon Hill(great area to explore) and within walking disctance of Chinatown and the North End.
It is pretty ornate for our taste, but the service was outstanding! James is the best concierge we have run across anywhere. He is spot on with his recommendations and has a great personality; ask him anything - he won't cop an attitude!
Alas, all good things come at a premium; a c-note for room service breakfeast for 3(continental at that) and $30 for 2 drinks at the bar, but James is worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Just spent one night at the hotel with my family and we had a great time. The location is perfect for leisure travel and the staff really took good care of all of us. We got upgraded to a suite and really enjoyed the extra room and loved the Taj room upstairs for the extra amenities. Would definitely come back. The only drawback is the furnishings are getting a little tired.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We loved this hotel, the location was fantastic, right across from the beautiful Public Gardens and close to the Freedom Trail with the historic sights marked along the way. The room was clean and comfortable as expected, not big, but the size was fine, nice sheets and a soft duvet. The bathroom was small but had everything needed, Molton Brown toiletries, a great deep tub. The staff was wonderful, very helpful, from the front desk, the doorman, the concierge, the parking attendant, all 5 star quality employees. Shopping is fantastic in this neighborhood, if you love your top designers, this is the place. Chanel is in the building itself, other similar designers are in the blocks around the hotel. Along the Freedom Trail you find lots of restaurant choices, we particularly liked the large concentration of Italian restaurants in the North End, the casual Neptune's Oyster had a great selection of choice Massachusetts oysters and clams, not cheap, but very, very good. We are choosey about where we stay, this was a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple