TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,230 results
All reviews prudential center north tower retractable roof the club lounge charles river large hotel fenway park junior suite newbury street an upgrade high floor concierge desk housekeeping staff corner room king bed hotel is in a great location valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2018

What a terrible hotel. Check in - ok. Location - good. I stayed from the 13th until 14th November 2018. However, expect to be charged for internet access when the front desk says it’s not been charged on check out. Expect your room not to be serviced. Expect no manager to come back to you to deal with your complaints - when they say they will be in touch. Expect workers to be outside the hotel on strike! Terrible terrible place. There are many other great hotels in Boston. Avoid at all costs!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank citycentre1980
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2018

Dear citycentre1980,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Our goal is to leave each guest completely satisfied from arrival to departure, but clearly we still have room for improvement. Please accept our apologies for the multiple difficulties you experienced during your time with us. This is not our standard, as we pride ourselves on our prompt, attentive service. We hope you will give us another chance to make a more favorable impression in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

Location is great and check in was fast. There is construction next door and incredibly loud striking union pickets outside banging drums and yelling through bullhorns. Understandably not something the hotel can control but annoying is an understatement if you want a nap or peace and quiet between 7am and 7pm when the union is outside. We were on the 25th floor and not directly over the area and it was loud and clear.

The room was clean and neat but minor irritants like two bath towels instead of 3 or 4, no clock, a flat sheet as the bed’s bottom sheet that just wouldn’t stay tucked in, a high pitched whine in the AC unit fan and bathroom is small, as others have observed. Hot water just wouldn’t get really hot for those that enjoy a really hot soak or shower.

Having stayed at other Copley Square hotels this is not the best option but rates an “ok in a pinch”.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Dear Ontheroadagain449, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the valued feedback. We are so sorry for the inconveniences you endured due to the labor situation. We are also disappointed there were a few maintenance issues within your guest room. We have taken this up with both our housekeeping and engineering teams and we are working on the problems listed. We appreciate you letting us know and we hope you will choose us again in the future for an improved experience and a chance to restore the standards you have come to love and expect. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed November 14, 2018

I just realized I forgot to write a review of this wonderful hotel! I traveled to Boston for the first time this past September, and everything was amazing. The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars was because I requested an early check in, but that was not available. I requested it because I was flying in on a red eye, and I can't sleep on planes, and thus, knew I'd need to sleep as soon as possible. Since I was not able to get into my room, I went out and explored some of the sites and had lunch, and the location of the hotel is perfect! Everything is a very short distance away. When I had finished, my room still wasn't ready (it wasn't until standard check in time and I arrived at about 6AM in Boston.) So, I decided to see if the spa had any availability and THEY DID, on short notice too! So I went in for a massage, and thankfully that allowed me some much needed time to rest. I hadn't showered since the previous day, and I was able to use the shower in the spa so I could finally clean up after my flight and first day in town. Shortly after getting out of the spa, my room was ready, and I was able to go see it. I splurged on a club level room and it was very nice! I had a lovely city view, and the breakfast included was very good. I read some people were upset at it not having pancakes or other "larger" meals, but I mean, it's a continental breakfast, they won't have everything! Since I'm trying to be healthier (HA), I enjoyed the array of fruits and healthier choices available. If you wanted a large meal, the restaurant was just downstairs, although yes, you would have to pay extra, assuming you wanted to eat on property. I was able to walk to and from Fenway Park, and even though I got a bit lost on the way back, I happened upon a lovely park I checked out and it was lovely. I just turned on Google Maps on my phone and found my way back, a very leisurely stroll. I cannot emphasize enough how great the location is. I went to Harvard, BU, and BC in ONE DAY - loved it. It's also near the Art Museum, History Museum, Freedom Trail, basically anything you would ever want to see. I hope to return to Boston some day and maybe even move there! For now, I'll be in California wishing I was at Fenway.
PS - Someone said there's no room service in this hotel. That's a straight up lie.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear hillpritch,

We are very thankful for your detailed version of experience at Sheraton Boston Hotel. We are delighted you could reap the benefits or our prime location in the thriving neighborhood of Back Bay. It also gives me immense delight to know you were impressed with most aspects of our hotel. We are confident we will earn your highest rating whenever you are back here. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stayed for 4 nights in the South Tower with views over pool of remembrance next door and other tall buildings. Overall impression was 'old' but comfortable and functional. Room only had 1 chair, but 2 luggage racks and a working safe. Good views and everything worked and was well maintained.
Checkin (late at night) was a breeze and met all expectations. Breakfast was really good, even during the strike; concierge was helpful and door staff were helpful.
Travelling as a tourist, it was great to have the hop-on hop-off bus stop across the road from the front door. Arcade access to plenty of shops and food outlets was another plus.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Dear Ken2234,

Thank you for being our guest at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. We are pleased that we could provide you with a gratifying stay and we appreciate your generous comments about our hotel. Evaluations like these inspire and motivate our team to continue delivering exceptional service. Thank you again, and we hope you will choose us every time your travels bring you to Boston!

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stayed here for a conference, so didn't have a lot of choice in picking the location. The staff was very friendly (although it did make me sad to see the picketers outside, but that is not a factor in this review), checking in and out was a breeze, and the concierge was very helpful. The room itself was just ok, nothing special. The bathroom was TINY. And the walls are just paper thin. The door had a gap around it that actually let light into the room from the hallway, and all the noise as well. You can hear the people talking in the rooms next to you, hear the showers and toilets running all around you...it was really not the most relaxing place. The bed seemed old, there was a definitely an indentation in the mattress where you could tell it had been worn down, and the pillows seemed to be a hodgepodge of different levels of softness. Considering how much we paid per night, I expected a lot more.
The hotel is connected to a mall (which is in turn connected to yet another mall!), so there were lots of food options to be had, but you did have to walk to them. The hotel has a little market and bar, both of which are average. The location of the hotel was a redeeming quality, it was close to a whole bunch of restaurants and shops, in all directions.
All in all, if you're staying in Boston, the downtown area is great, but if you want a nice relaxing hotel experience, probably don't stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Amy S
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Dear Amy S, thank you for letting us accommodate your conference travel needs and for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and we are sorry for the underwhelming bedding and noisy surroundings. Your comments have been noted for our future plans in developing the property. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we are grateful for your business. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back for a much improved visit soon.