“Great room, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revere Hotel Boston Common

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Ottawa, Canada
“Great room, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel during a recent trip to Boston. We stayed in a junior suite with a huge bedroom and separate living room. The room was great, with a modern and clean bathroom, comfy bed, great amenities. There was a huge balcony but with no patio furniture and a lackluster view, we did not make much use of it. The rooftop lounge, however, was worth a visit and we had a lovely drink there at sunset one evening. The location is perfect to walk to shopping, historic sites, museums and restaurants. I can't say much about the service, we didn't interact much with the staff. I should mention that the safe in our room was broken and someone was at our room within 5 minutes to look into it. However, the only option was to change rooms or to leave our things in the lobby safe as they couldn't fix the one in our room. We choose to take our changes since we liked our room and had no issues. All in all, a great hotel in a perfect spot in Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Civory -

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I was delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel and thank you for the constructive feedback about your safe. We have repaired the issue with the older safes and they are all now functional. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

I hope we can welcome you back to Boston very soon.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel in the heart of the action in Boston. Our first visit to Boston was great, made extra memorable by the help of the best concierge in our many travels, Richie Pettiglio, who guided us to great tours and fantastic restaurants. Thanks a million, Richie. See you next time!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick T
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Patrick -

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Richard will be nominated for Associate Of The Month because he had a great impact on your stay.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Very hip and stylish hotel. Room had a huge balcony with a beautiful view of the city. Service was exemplary. Beds were very firm. Rooftop lounge was nice, adjacent to the indoor pool. Seemed to be a very young crowd.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank acswift
Dear acswitf -

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star review on Trip Advisor - we are delighted you had a wonderful stay and we do hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Bosto.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We shared a standard room with 4 people. We had two double beds and the room was spacious and we didn't feel on top of each other. The room was clean,and the ambience was very nice. The parking is pricy but you need to consider you are close to Boston common park. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa M
Dear Lisa -

Thank you for sharing your nice comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope that next time we can earn your 5-star review!

Please contact me if I may ever be of service.

tanctil@tanctil@reverehotel.com
Jaipur, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were a total of 7 guests who stayed for 4 days. Apart from the gentleman at the concierge desk who was very helpful, no one was really warm or really checked on us if we were doing ok. There was no room service, even to bring up silverware to the room we were told there would be a charge, so we never really bothered calling them after that. Good location, good rooms, thats it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank haroon0109
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Haroon -

Thank you for your review and your constructive feedback. We rarely get negative comments on guest service and will certainly take your comment seriously and will discuss with our front line staff. I'm also sorry that you found the Room Service hours unacceptable - we offer room service from 645am until 10pm every day and utilize South Street Diner for overnight food deliveries. Whether Room Service delivers lunch or a set of utensils there is a delivery fee here or at any hotel. I apologize and understand that can be frustrating.

If you would like to return I would be happy to personally handle your travel details and make sure your stay is a perfect one.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

The building looked a bit aged and gray from the outside and lights of two of the letters were partially burnt out, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised when I walked through the front doors. The lobby has a pretty unique layout and smells GREAT. The person who checked us in was totally friendly and professional and offered us a choice of wine or sparkling cider upon check-in, which is always a fun surprise.

After grabbing our keycards, we headed on up to our room, which looked at felt great. Everything was super neat, room was at the perfect temp, and the beds were oh so cozy! I absolutely love the Skoah shampoo and body wash that was provided. In fact, I'm going to order some later today. I didn't use any of the services, so I can't comment on it.

The only negative was that I submitted a price match claim on their own site since I found the same type of room on a third party site for a bit cheaper, unfortunately I didn't hear from anyone even though the form said someone would contact me soon after submitting it. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Kevin T
Dear Kevin -

Thank you for your review and for your great comments. I am delighted you had a great stay with us. If you could possibly email me the details of what you sent regarding the "price matching" I would like to discuss with our revenue manager to see where the breakdown occured to address yours issue and insure this doesn't happen again.

Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at the Revere Hotel. The room was spacious, the queen beds were comfortable, although the AC was a bit loud- we had our ear plugs ready. Great service as we were offered a free meal while we waited for our room to be readied. The hotel is walking distance to two T stations (green and orange lines), which basically got us to all the places we wanted to go. It is also close to Boston Commons and Newbury Street where there is plenty of shopping. The only downside is that the free WiFi does not work well. There are times when we could not get on the Web at all which was disappointing as I have some work to do on the trip. If not for the WiFi, I would have given it a "very good" rating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mimo01
Dear Mimo -

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed that wireless was not sufficient during your stay. We are currently upgrading our wireless options and will have a two new options live on September 15.

If you would contact me at my email address below, I would like to invite you back for a future stay with us.