“Lovely hotel, great location”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here in June 2014- choose the hotel based on the location and Tripadvisor reviews.
Premium king room with a city view- 25th floor..

I got a great night's sleep every night- lovely quiet room. I was right at the end of the hall- I did request a quiet room away from a lift, so definitely worth asking, as they must have taken the request into account.
Room was large and very nicely furnished, large bed, couch with a reading table. Nice bath too - not huge, but very comfortable. (I've stayed in other 4 star hotels in the US where the bath barely qualifies as one).

The location is fantastic- about two minutes walk from Boston Common, and the shortest route takes you right into the public gardens, where the lake is. Every time I went out the door I was glad I'd chosen the place; (I stayed in Back Bay on my last visit, and it's nice there but nowhere near as convenient). You can get to the Freedom Trail start in about fifteen minutes, and the hotel is right next to the theatre district.

Great skyline view of the city- my room wasn't facing the common, possibly those on the other side have more of a direct view. The balcony was very large, only small thing was, they don't put furniture out there, I'd have expected maybe one chair or something. (Having said that, they are concrete balconies, and in summer I'd not have sat out there for very long- way too hot).

Very modern hotel - the lifts are incredibly fast, so doesn't take long at all to get to the top floors. Whole place has a very pleasant smell.

Definitely be staying there again next time I'm in Boston.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, do ask, they seem to take it into account. And it's worth paying the e...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ejoch

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Awesome stay! Caroline at front desk gave me champagne and a great room upon checking. Josef (gentleman with beret)from valet made sure we had umbrellas for incoming storm and asked frequently I'df he could help us with something.Entire staf was pleasant and met all of our needs above and beyond. Almost felt like a spa trip:)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Revere Hotel, just my husband and I. We were in a deluxe suite (separate bedroom - kingsize bed - with livingroom). Each room has a balcony, and while the view wasn't fantastic, it was great to be able to step out and get some fresh air. The bathroom had a shower and a great selection of Skoah toiletries. Very funky furnishings - so quite different than the typical hotel room design. The bedroom itself was a bit dark, not the best for reading, but after moving a desk lamp into the room, it was perfect. No fridge/bar - but all drinks/alcohol are lined up on a table ledge, not the best but then again, we were eating out every night. Hotel staff were great and always helpful. The location is perfect as well - within walking distance of the Public Gardens and metro/subway lines - not to mention various tourist attractions. Also, lots of restaurants in the area with a Legal Seafoods and PF Changs right around the corner. There is also a Hertz rental agency less than a block from the hotel - which we used for a day trip up the coast. All in all, a great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in July with my family.
I wasnt expecting much from the hotel given it is not an international chain brand and is only 4 star.
However, I was firstly surprised by the modern and stylish lobby and the greeting champagne at the front desk.
Then I was surprised even more by the rooms which are very new and spacious - like 5 star hotels. The balcony is very nice too with good view of the city.
The hotel also has a pool. The pool is indoor and rather small but there is a resting area outside with deck chairs and great views.
I think the only downside is the parking which is quite expensive - $40 per night

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Get yourself to this hotel. This hotel is the real deal.
Don't even leave, order, food service to the room. And enjoy Boston.
Towels are soft, bar downstairs is excellent , the girls are brilliant hosts. Julia & Margaret where really helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Maggy - best supervisor in the US of A...great bar / great service. Lovely to meet Gina G and the ultimate bartender....Iuliia

Amazing setting in a great location...check out the Rooftop and Emerald Lounge

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely but room a bit small for the three adults they knew were arriving - not enough wardrobe or cupboard space - staff were a tad lazy too - couldn't get a drink - no bar - on a few occasions they couldn't seem to answer the phone and we nearly missed our train when, although they had booked us a car, twice they gave it to someone else !!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear L66PY -

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback.

Every single double-queen room at Revere Hotel is the exact same size so it certainly wasn't cramped in your room due to the room the Receptionist selected for you. Our rooms are all 340SF and are larger than average for the Boston market. A perfect solution for 3 adults traveling together who are concerned about space would be to book an addition room which we could then make adjoining. You would have plenty of space.

I appreciate your feedback about phones being answered and I wish I had a bit more information about where you were calling but I will point this short-fall out to my team as every extension in the hotel should be answered within three rings. I am very sorry for the disruption.

I can't speak to the "couldn't get a drink..." comment as I do not know the food and beverage outlet to which you are referring.

I would appreciate a direct chat where you could provide me more specific details so we can continue to grow and improve our guest experience. All feedback is very important to us.

617-457-2621