“convenient location”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rebecca Y
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (4,193)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The rooms, decor and service were all great, the rooms even come with a balcony. The beds were very comfortable, and the location was close to Newbury. Tim A was an exceptional concierge. Sunday checkout can get pretty hectic so recommend departing before 11 checkout time, and will avoid the valet in the future. Otherwise, will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lola D
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family of four booked two rooms for three nights in June, then came back a few days later for two more nights. I enjoy the ambience of the hotel and it's modern decor. I really love the Skoah spa products that are provided in the bathrooms - there are ample selections and they smell divine. I ended up buying some to give as hostess gifts. There are a few really nice touches at the hotel but they could need to work on consistency. When you check in there is a glass of sparkling wine or cider available. I remembered this from a previous stay and was looking forward to it after a long day of travel. But at check in, which was hectic, I had to ask and the employee at the desk acted like I was putting him out. There is also a marvelous rooftop deck, which is great for relaxing and soaking up sun if the weather is good. We happened to be there during the 'grand opening' for the summer, and the ambience was a bit young/hip/bikini oriented. It felt odd for my husband and I to be up there ordering a drink when everyone else was 15 years younger. Overall I think this is a really good place to stay and in a great location. I am sure the next time I visit Boston I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Memphisgirl2014

Dear MemphisGirl -

Thank you for your review and feeback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall but am disappointed that my front line staff did not immediately offer you a welcome toast.

Please reach out to me when you are next heading to Boston, I would like to handle your reservation details personally to make sure you have a flawless and impressive stay.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Tim Anctil
Director Of Front Office

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We actually got our reservation here from HotWire, so we didn't know where we were staying until we paid! So I'm not sure about how much the rooms are normally, but ours was a steal for being in the middle of town. It turned out to be SO nice - you get free champagne when you check in, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are nice and spacious with super comfortable beds and nice soaps and shampoos in the bath. There was free wifi, and the view from our room was awesome. It's a super quick 2 block walk to the commons and a few different T stops. The surrounding area felt safe - I walked all around by myself to check out the town. They also let us leave our bags at the front desk after we checked out so that we could go ice skating on the commons... it was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is about 3 miles from the Southport Convention Center. One major plus is that the internet is free. Another is that there are many restaurants within walking distance. (Driving in Boston is insane).
Boston Common is about two blocks away, a pleasant place to walk and enjoy some open space. Chinatown is a few blocks away.
There is no breakfast included. As a rule I don't mess with breakfasts at big hotels, although one morning I ordered room service. (Continental breakfast: $20 with gratuity and fees). It was prompt and staff was courteous.
The room has plenty of outlets and has a recharging station on the lamp base on the desk. The desk chair was comfortable but the other chairs not so much. There was not a table either (this is for a room with two doubles). Very comfortable beds, and good amount of space on the sink in the bathroom. Lighting is good. Decor is 70's reinvented.
The restaurant is excellent next door, an unexpected plus.
This hotel is expensive -- there are a lot of taxes and fees at Boston hotels also -- so be prepared. Their conference rate was comparable with the others in the group so I guess that is the way it is in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the outdoor bar have a nice sunset view, but may be noisy on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carolina_Traveler_7
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Boston for a family vacation and were very pleased with our decision to stay at the Revere. The location was close to many attractions, shopping and restaurants. The room was clean,comfortable and up to date. The restaurant associated with the hotel was excellent if you don't feel like venturing out. The staff was pleasant and extremely helpful, especially Richard our concierge. He never steered us wrong as to where to eat, directions and places to go. He really took the time to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. We would stay at the Revere again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were in Boston for vacation in March and were very happy to have chosen the Revere. The rooms were great! They were quite large and very clean. The beds were comfortable. It's probably an odd thing to comment on, but the bath products they provided were fantastic.

The location was what made it for us. This was our first time to Boston, so I'm not overly familiar with the city, but it was quite close to all the tourist attractions. There were also bars, restaurants and theaters in the are. It also seemed quite near to a couple colleges.

The staff was exceptionally helpful as well! The gentleman who checked us in (I think his name was John) gave us lots of recommendations for fun things to do. The concierge, whose name was also John, set us up the next day with tickets for the sight seeing trolley and great restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple