“Great place to stay”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is very modern and ritzy. It is in walking distance of china town and freedom trail. The kids loved the pool and the enmity that the hotel had to offers on the day that we stayed in due to the cold weather. Would definitely return and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Revere Hotel Boston Common

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for a night after a show at the nearby Citi Wang Center which is a very short walk away as is the entire theater district. The hotel was easy to find and we were immediately greeted by a parking valet as there is a large garage connected to the hotel. This is exactly what I wanted as parking can be a pain downtown and I like feeling my vehicle is secure.

We were greeted by a nice gentleman manning the front desk. Complimentary champagne was offered and accepted at check in and we were upgraded to an upper floor king size room when I informed the clerk we were there to celebrate my wife's birthday.

The room itself was very well appointed with contemporary features and was very clean. Each room has a balcony and ours had a great view of the commons and state house.

The bed was one of most comfortable I have slept in and the hotel supplies top of the line toiletries in the bath.

The hotel also houses the Rustic Kitchen restaurant which I will review separately. I will certainly stay at the Revere again in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the better
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The service is not bad, the room is nice, location is ok.
But this hotel left me a very bad experience.
Well, I was so careless and forgot to check the closet where I hang my clothes in when we left. I realized it on the bus leaving Boston. I thought it should not be a big deal.
However, when I called the hotel, they told me nothing was found but they can double check, but still they didn't see my belongings.
I checked all my luggages and asked my friends to check is it accidentally packed in their bags, but none of us saw my clothes, so they have to be in the hotel or taken by someone else.
I hope it is just misunderstanding and found my things.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Grace -

We are very sorry for your misplaced items but as the staff reported to you, we checked the closet immediately after you called and no one had yet entered your guest room so the items were definitely not left behind.

Most of our housekeeping staff have been with us for many many years and were part of the previous staff before Revere Hotel took over. They have impeccable work files and would absolutely never jeopardize their jobs for a cardigan sweater that someone left behind.

We have also checked with the laundry company to make sure nothing was caught up in the bed linen and sent out for cleaning and unfortunately the sweater is not there either.

We promise to contact you should your sweater turn up somewhere.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a nice stay at this hotel in Boston, which is one block from Boston common. It's been renovated and our room was pretty nice overall. Room was clean, quiet overall. Price was reasonable via priceline.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear FishingAce:

Thank you for the very nice review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our second stay at the Revere Hotel. The check-in was smooth with courteous staff and had an extra touch with complimentary champagne. We stayed in a king size room, which was very well appointed in a contemporary fashion and was very clean. We loved the color scheme and found the room to be very restful. Great pillows! The nice selection of Skoah bath/shower products, soft towels and bathrobes gave us a spa feeling. The view from this hotel is unbelievable...it was fun to look out and try to identify the different buildings and locations. We love that the hotel is located in the Theater District and within walking distance to so many shows and restaurants. We highly recommend this upscale contemporary hotel and look forward to returning there in the near future!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 23rd floor in a king size room and enjoyed the room as well as the view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Carol W, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!

The rooms you described are on our Premier level and certainly offer some of the best views of the Boston skyline there is to see. It really is a beautiful site especially on a clear night! Thank you so much for your loyalty and we welcome you back very soon! Make sure you check out our complimentary, one of a kind pillow menu that we offer, all sizes, shapes, soft and firmness! Some guests try a new pillow every night!

Thanks again!
Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My daughter & I have stayed here a couple of times & going back this time it was like being welcomed back by family. The staff are really friendly & go out of their way to make you feel at home.
The rooms are spacious & well decorated, any problem is dealt with quickly & the minimum of fuss.
Great location for the T & Boston Common.
Big shout out to Tim M for his help with a problem I had after we had checked out :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

David S, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!

We love our returning guests like family as well! Thank you so much for your loyalty! And thank you for your shout out to Tim M, we are very lucky to have him! We hope to see you and your daughter back very soon! Please feel free to contact me (or Tim M) directly when it comes time to book your return trip to Boston!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We just stayed 2 nights at the Revere. Our room was upgraded to a junior sweet, near the elevator. The bed was extremely firm, room service menu seemed dated. Smoke detector was yellow and the ceiling was uneven. Hotel has a nice contemporary feel with champagne upon arrival and is in an excellent location. For the experienced traveler, more is left to be desired. Would I return.. maybe??? or would probably try somewhere new. Valet park 46$ nightly. There is a list in the room if you decide to "take" items home from the room... like the ice tongs are a 4$ replacement fee.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear LasVegasLOvers764 -

Thank you for your review of Revere Hotel and for sharing both the positive and negative aspects of your stay.

All of our smoke detectors are less than two years old and were replaced during our complete renovation. The mattress in your room was likely a sleep number and was possibly set too firm for your liking. I'm disappointed to hear you didn't get a good night of sleep.

Parking rates in Boston range from $38 self park to $48 for valet at almost every hotel in the city. Unfortunately, parking and space is at a premium in this city.

Thank you again for your feedback.

tanctil@reverehotel.com