“Why all the great reviews? This hotel is terrible!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revere Hotel Boston Common

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Why all the great reviews? This hotel is terrible!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I don't know what everyone loves about this hotel. We stayed here for ladies night this past Saturday. The glass of champagne at check-in is a nice touch, as is the free Wi-Fi. However, it was all downhill from there. The hotel has four elevators: two on one side, and two across. They are SO SLOW! If you stay at this hotel, have fun waiting five minutes for an elevator, only for it to arrive and be jam packed. After we finally got up to our room, we went down the hall to get ice. When we looked down into our newly-filled ice bucket, we were HORRIFIED. There was black stuff all in our ice. Disgusting! We immediately called down to the front desk asking for new ice, and they told us, "there's an ice machine on every floor." To which we replied, "okay so you're telling us this is no big deal and just go get your own ice." They said, "yes." Terrible customer service. When we checked out Sunday morning, the black stuff was still stuck in the sink from the ice we dumped out. GAG! In addition, we asked for cups and told it would be a $6 fee. Umm no thanks. The room was nice with a great view; the balcony was awesome, although bare. The beds were terrible. Definitely take advantage of the pillow service, as your top pillow is great, but the one they put behind it is not (although I suppose pillows are personal preference). We called for extra towels and toothpaste: it was never brought up and we had to call again. We dined at Rustic Kitchen Sunday morning for breakfast and had to track down our waitress for the check after sitting there for 20 minutes. The club in the hotel was awful (which I'm sure is not the hotel's fault, but it should be noted): they shut down the whole dance floor for VIP only. Of course, as ladies, we got in, but what fun is it if no one else is up there dancing? When we checked out Sunday morning around 11am, we had to wait for numerous elevators to stop on our floor, and then not be jam packed. It took about 10-15 minutes to get down to the lobby. This is unacceptable. Perhaps we just had an isolated bad experience, but it was one thing after another. I had just stayed at the Langham Hotel in Boston the week prior, and compared to their customer service, the Revere would receive -1 stars. I would never stay at this hotel again, and surely will not recommend it to any friends or clients. Revere Hotel, please clean your moldy ice machines and have your staff take lessons from a REAL four-star hotel. Yours, certainly, is not.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Jennifer M -

I have reached out to you via Trip Advisor email to get the specifics of your room reservation and to discuss your lengthy comments about your stay.

I look forward to speaking with you and am awaiting your phone call.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Clean,spacious affordable rooms. The service was second to no other Hotel. The Concierges,namely John and Richard is what made the service stand above any other Hotel. The Revere is only minutes from fine dining,historical places,Fenway Park and the Arts.

• Stayed February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed this past Friday night (2/21) and really enjoyed our stay. I first have to thank Dan from the in-house reservation service who was amazing, so helpful, and understanding when I messed up our reservation. I left him a rather distraught voicemail (think rough day at the office, 5pm, at-wits-end and getting emotional kind of voicemail) two days before our arrival and the next morning he called back with everything solved. He never once seemed exasperated or put off, assuring me that it was not the craziest voicemail he'd ever received and graciously accepted all my apologies and thanks. Thank you again Dan!

When I pulled in a valet offered to hold my bag since I opted to self-park, and he even walked me to the front desk and waited to make sure I was being helped. The hotel lobby smells amazing (white tea and thyme, I asked) and they even have candles for sale. My boyfriend (who had arrived from the airport ahead of me) was able to check in early, which he was very happy about.

Our room was so cool and hip, and all the bath products smelled amazing. Instead of giving you a few tiny bottles that you have to ration when you shower there were full bottles with multiple smells to choose from. Our room had a great view of the Capital building and the Zakim bridge. This is a pet-friendly hotel and even though we forgot to ask for a hypoallergenic room, we had no problems with allergies acting up, everything must've been super clean. We also called down for a late check-out, and they gave us an extra hour for free which was really all we needed.

That night we went down to the concierge to ask about a nice restaurant and he directed us to DaVincis, even calling ahead and making a reservation for us then writing out walking directions by hand.

When you check out they let you leave your car in the garage up until 7pm, meaning we got to spend the day exploring Boston without having to find another parking garage. I was so happy with that!

Overall we had a great experience, the location is perfect for walking to the Common, the theaters, Chinatown, even Downtown Crossing. We would definitely stay again, maybe in the summer when the roof is open!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Melissa M, thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW!

Its great to hear that you had such a great time while you were in Boston! It seems like you experienced so much while you were hear! We are looking forward to your return to the Revere Hotel, hopefully you will join us at the Rooftop @ Revere this summer!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com
Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just returned from 2 days in Boston at the Revere. My husband had given me this little get away for Christmas after finding a great special package. (very costly otherwise!) We took advantage of the valet parking which was great. You can go in and out whenever you'd like...although you really don't need your car as the Revere is in such a great location. It is in the Theater district and just a block or so from the Public gardens. T stops are close by as well as many great restaurants, shopping etc. Everyone at the Revere was pleasant and helpful. When we checked in we were offered a glass of champagne which was very welcoming. Our room was in the 22nd floor and quite pleasant; nicely decorated and comfortable. We had a great view of the city from the balcony, including the Gardens and the State House in the distance. It was fun to look about and down at the street! We slept well in the room , the bed was comfy and there was no noise. My only complaint was that it was quite drafty near the sliding glass door which made the whole room chilly at times....but you can control the thermostat, so it was OK. The bathroom was fine, and the bath products were lovely. Good stuff! (but no little bottles to take home...hahaha!) I may need to order up some of the hand lotion! The Rustic Kitchen, the restaurant attached to the Revere, had great drinks (an afternoon libation before getting ready for dinner!) and a good breakfast the next day too. I'm curious about The cooking Show and may need to return someday to partake! Overall, I highly recommend The Revere for good rooms, good staff, and a great location. BTW the lobby smells really nice!

Room Tip: Any room will be great but those on the higher floors have better views!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your comments. I am happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and the four diamond services provided by our cast. Being a green hotel, we chose to use large dispensers for our Skoah bathroom amenities instead of little plastic bottles that you can not get much use out of and also creates a lot of waste for the environment. I am glad you had a chance to experience Rustic Kitchen while you were here and I recommend when you visit us next time that you check out Emerald Lounge for a craft cocktail. My personal favorite is the Blueberry Vo-jito! Make sure to check our website for special offers and promotions when booking your next reservation. We look forward to your return!

Regards,

Simon Mais
SW Wales. UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

On arrival the staff were friendly and welcomed us with a glass of bubbly.
Our two joined rooms were well appointed clean but nothing special, the views were ok, breakfast very basic staff were not partially attentive or helpful.
Pool was small and freezing !
This is a good budget hotel if you get a good price, very close to Boston Common in a great city.

Room Tip: High room would get a better view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear tam6572:

Thank you for sharing your Revere Hotel experience on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to see we were able to secure adjoining rooms for your party and that you enjoyed our great reception staff and champagne welcome.

I have just come from a meeting on the pool deck with my Director Of Engineering. The hotel pool desk itself is registering at 88 degrees and the water temperature is at 86 degress. We have not had a single comment or complaint other than yours of someone finding these temperatures not perfectly comfortable. I'm sorry you found it not acceptable.

I will certainly share your comments and breakfast experience with the General Manager of Rustic Kitchen. They take guest service very seriously and I am sure they will be disappointed you did not have an anything but a perfect experience in their care.

Thank you again for your comments.

Warm regards,

Dedham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here a few weeks back to celebrate my boyfriend's 25th birthday. We were greeted by a friendly staff, and we were given 2 glasses of champagne while waiting to check it. Very nice lobby and ambiance, but the room was just "eh". For the price I paid, I was expecting a little bit more, but overall we had no complaints about anything. May stay here in the future, but I wasn't blown away by what the room had to offer. Mediocre for $250+.

Dear coriannetammaro:

Thank you for taking the time to share your Revere experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the friendly reception staff, the champagne welcome, the lobby and the ambiance. I've very sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations.

I would be happy to assist you on your next booking - we could work together to make sure you have the right room options and the right view to enhance your guest experience. Because all of our rooms feature balconies, Revere Hotel has some of the best views in the city from our guest rooms.

Warm regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have wanted to visit Boston for as long as I can remember and my husband decided to treat us as for our 10th wedding anniversary this February and I have to say that this hotel helped to make it extra special! From the moment we arrived with our complimentary glass of champagne to the wonderful smell in the lobby and our room was soooo cosy, warm and welcoming after a hard days walking/shopping in cold snowy Boston! I have to say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in and the location was great too, with a great Irish bar across the road and plenty others within walking distance. Hoping to return to Boston next year and I will definitely stay here if I do!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple