Revere Hotel Boston Common
$309
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$316
$231
$216
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Room Service
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$501
$307
$209
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
$288
$209
Westin.com
$242
4,384 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitelocation is greatupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hillnewbury streetskoah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had never stayed at the Revere before but got a great price on Priceline and thought I would give it a try since its location was so central and it had very good reviews on various websites including Tripadvisor.

I booked a two night stay and arrived at about 2:00 in the afternoon on the first day. My room was ready and check-in was easy and seamless. There was a little confusion about parking and getting one's belongings to the room but other than that, I had no problems.

One thing you should be alerted to is that the hotel shares a building with a large parking garage and the cost is substantial. Valet parking is $46 per night and self park goes for a bargain at $40/night. I realized that with the deal on the room, I was paying considerably less per square foot for my lovely well equipped room than I was for the slot for my car.

My room was 16 floors up so there was almost no street noise. If you use the small unfurnished balcony (I used it to refrigerate food) you might hear the street below but otherwise it isn't an issue. There was some noise from the hallway and the adjacent room but wasn't enough to prevent sleep.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bathroom, although a little smaller than I like, was very nicely finished and had a tub deep enough for soaking if you want to really warm up after a day in the cold of wintertime Boston.

The decor is modern and the flat screen TV has a fairly decent amount of free broadcast available including HBO. The free in room WiFi was a tad inconsistent, which I gather from the very helpful Concierge, is an ongoing issue. Sometimes it worked perfectly but sometimes the signal would weaken or drop to the point where I would lose my internet connection completely.

The Concierge staff were great, particularly one man named Thomas who recommended restaurants, gave me easy and very specific instructions for finding my way to the Isabella Steward Gardner Museum using the T, and in the end, comped me one night of my parking for a couple inconveniences that happened while I was there.

The Revere was described as 4 star on a 5 star system and I think that is accurate. It was apparently redone from top to bottom comparatively recently and consequently the room I had was all I could have asked for at the outstanding price I paid. Less than a block away is the much fancier W but I would guess that a comparable room there would have run at least another $150-200 per night and I would prefer saving the money to eat well in this wonderful city.

Room Tip: Get a room high up and relatively far from the elevators. People seem to get off talking loudly and noise did carry from the halls into my room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank pyrprshr
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay at The Revere and once again came home very satisfied with visit. In fact I would now say Revere is one of my 3 favorite Boston hotels along with XV Beacon and the Copley Square Hotel.

The location is excellent and service top notch.
The pool was closed for renovations which bummed out my son but everything else was so great that we didn't even miss the pool time.

Youssef goes above and beyond to make sure you have anything you might need or want. He's a real asset to the organization!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Only stayed here because of a discounted offer. Would happily pay full price to stay again. Everything about our stay here was flawless from reservations (which we had changed three times because of the weather) to checkout. Will definitely be back and will recommend to everyone who asks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just returned from a business trip to Boston where I stayed at the Revere.

This hotel is located very centrally, it is just a short stroll to Boston Common which is relaxing or in the opposite direction, to the Prudential Center, linked to the Copley Place mall and nearby Newbury Street.

Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and the Rustic Kitchen is a great place to get good food without a huge price tag. Just across the street is Legal Seafood which of course is wonderful.

Finally, I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, but never have I been offered a sparkling wine as I checked in - it was no short measure either :-)

If you are staying in Boston, this hotel should be on your shortlist.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Revere. The location is great - it's close to the theater district, commons, back bay/newbury st and beacon hill.

Pros
- location, location, location
- the room was huge for Boston standards.
- the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
- everything was new, nice, and clean. especially the bathroom which looked like it had been recently renovated.
- we had an excellent meal in the restaurant, Rustic Kitchen. I'm a Bostonian, I was staying here with visiting family, and I will definitely be back.
- nearby conveniences - 7-11, starbucks, bars/restaurants including legal seafoods. the mbta is only a few minutes walk.
- the balcony!
- free wifi!

Cons
- as another reviewer mentioned, there was quite a bit of noise around 2am on Saturday as the clubs were letting out. We were on the 19th floor and could still hear the cabs honking. We were on the end of the hotel nearest the theater district, so perhaps on the other side of the hotel it's not as loud. keep in mind that this will probably be a problem for any hotel in the theater district/faneuil hall.
- we could hear some noise from other rooms as guests used the toilet and shower. Nothing major, but a reminder that this isn't the Ritz.

Overall, a great deal in Boston. I was a bit nervous booking the hotel since it was so much cheaper than some other options, but overall it was a great stay and this will definitely be my recommendation to out of town guests.

Room Tip: ask about noise from elevator and clubs.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family