Revere Hotel Boston Common
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,375 results
All reviewsemerald loungepillow menurooftop barsmall balconythe theater districtbath productslegal seafoodindoor poolmodern hoteljunior suitelocation is greatupon checkparking garagefreedom trailbeacon hillnewbury streetskoah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was a short respite after the death of my brother during the Thanksgiving holiday. I was met at the desk with a glass of champagne and it only got better from there! The staff were consistent, cordial and the room was beautiful! Personal amenities were provided(shampoo, bath wash, and lotion) and the products weren't your run of the mill cheap hotel products. It was my first visit to Boston and I didn't want to leave the room! I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank anlee e
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I REALLY wanted to love this hotel. I had read the other reviews and was excited to stay here on a weekend trip to Boston with my family. We had gotten a Living Social deal, and booked a Junior Suite for Friday and Saturday.

The location was perfect, easy to get to, and close to the Boston Public Gardens, as well as lots of restaurants and shops. Check in was friendly, but disorganized. We were checking in at 6pm, but the front desk person said that they didn't have any Junior Suites ready. The glass of champagne was nice, but I would have preferred to just get our room, as opposed to waiting around the lobby with our six year old for 20 minutes. Finally, the front desk person gave us the keys saying that she had missed the available rooms. This seems sloppy, when it's your job.

The room on the 15th floor was nice, with a very comfortable bed. A few things (like the deadbolt on the door, and the stopper in the sink) were not working. The big windows were nice, but the sound insulation left a lot to be desired. The street noises were loud, with the windows closed, and we could hear every word from our next door neighbors room.

The next day, we left the room at 10 am, and came back after 3pm -- to find that our room had not been cleaned yet. This was disappointing. It took another 30 minutes after we called down, to get someone to come up and clean the room. We asked the front desk staff whether there was somewhere to hang out and have a snack with our daughter while the room was being cleaned. She recommended the Emerald Lounge, saying that it had areas where we could be with a kid. We got to the lounge, only to find out that it wasn't open for another half an hour. I would expect the front desk to know the hours of their lounge. The manager of the Emerald Lounge was nice enough to give us a tour, and let our daughter turn on the different colored lights. She was thrilled and excited to come back. When we came back a half an hour later however, the hostess said that it was only 21 and older. Our daughter was really disappointed, and started crying - at which point the hostess went to check, and found out that kids WERE allowed earlier in the night. Again, I wish that the staff knew their stuff. My husband kept asking if this was a new hotel, because the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing, and the service was sloppy.

I would stay at this hotel again, if I had a discount, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The location is great, and they put a lot of money/time into making the hotel look modern and cool, but I wish that more effort went into covering the basics of good service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Anna S -

Thank you for taking the time to outline your experience at Revere Hotel Boston. We were disappointed to read that aspects of our service fell short of your expectations. As you can see by most reviews on Trip Advisor, customer service is where we generally shine. I'm very sorry that you were so late in getting in to your guest room - I checked your check in procedure and it does appear you were made to wait 9 minutes before your room keys are ready. This should not happen when check in time is 3pm.

Our stayover housekeeping service is performed throughout the entire work day of our housekeeping staff, from 9am until 5pm. In the future, if you would like your room serviced at a specific time, please don't hesitate to let us know exactly what works best for you.

With regard to Emerald Lounge, I am researching to get to the bottom of who on our staff would refer parents and a small child to our night club to hang out in for 30 minutes -- especially when there is a Ben and Jerry's and several bakeries within a 5-minute walk. This was definitely bad information that should not have been relayed.

I would be happy to handle any future reservations you may need and will insure a great room at a preferred rate - and we'll be sure to take extra special care to insure your stay is perfect.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Also got a great price on living social so it was all pretty perfect. It has become our favorite hotel in Boston and we will surely return as soon as we can. Especially if we get a good LivingSocial deal again. We are local to Boston so it is truly an extravagance to stay downtown but whenever we can we will stay at the Revere

• Stayed: December 2013
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Gallag09, thank you so much for you 5 STAR review!!
Keep an eye out for those Living Social deals they do sporadically pop up once and a while and it certainly is a great deal! Hopefully we will seeing you back very soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at the Revere for a week, with family and friends for a wedding. The staff were friendly and efficient and a glass of champagne on arrival is nice touch. The room was very clean, with everything you could need, and the toiletries in the bathroom were very good quality. Beds were comfortable with good quality linens. Good location to just about everywhere, certainly walkable. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Arisaig, thank you so much for you 5 STAR review!
We hope to see you and your family return in the near future!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed the past 5 nights at the Revere Hotel, and the hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. We had a standard king room, which was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a desk and chaise lounge as well. The room had a balcony (though being December it was a bit cold to actually use it), but we had a great view of the city. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. The best part about this hotel though is the location. You are a 5 minute walk from the Boston Common (start of the Freedom Trail) and several T stations, and right next to several excellent restaurants. Did not eat at the Hotel restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Boston.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Mike L, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!
Im so glad to read you had a great stay! We look forward to the time when you return, maybe during the warm weather so you will be able to utilize the beautiful balcony through out your stay!!