“Perfect Place to Stay Boston”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at Revere Hotel for 2 nights in early December for a family gathering and was completely
the check in with champagne to the great linens in the rooms. Service was flawless and a couple
stood out for their impressive service – Claire at the front desk and Youseff in the driveway. Both
welcoming us.

The location is second to none, right near Boston Common and walk-able to almost everywhere except the North End which was a bit
of a hike, would just take a taxi next time.

Next time we are in Boston we’ll be staying at Revere – hopefully then we will use the pool and outdoor area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,244)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on November 29th. When we first arrived the parking attendants and bellmen were amazing. Very friendly and very happy and helpful. The front desk staff was great too. We had a Jr. Suite which was an average room. One plus about the rooms is that they have balconies and you can step outside for a great city view. Our main letdown was in the bar area. We had gone out for the night on that Saturday and wanted to stop in for a nightcap. Even though we came down in the hotel guest elevator, we were stopped by a bouncer type gentleman and asked if we were hotel guests. We said yes we are. (We are 42 and 48 years old). We were asked for ID. As a 48 year old woman I haven't carried my ID with me for quite some time. I was asked to go back up to my room and get my ID before I could pass him. Very inconvenient considering I was already asked if I was a guest staying at the hotel. So off I go and get my ID and alas! We were "allowed" to enter. We sat at the bar and and proceeded to get comfortable only to realize, as we put down our phones, gloves, etc..on the bar that it was soaking wet with alcohol and all sticky. My husband asked the young lady behind the bar if she could wipe it off with a towel and she responded "I don't have any". (with a major attitude). Hmmm you work behind a bar and have no towel to wipe a clean space when someone sits down? We were put off, ordered our drinks and decided to take them back up to our room. Once again we were greeted by the bouncer. We were again stopped by him and asked if we were guests!! Really?? We were only standing in front of him 5 minutes before and asked to go back to our room to get out ID's!! Jeesh!! He too, major attitude. This was our first visit to the hotel as we were curious. We always stay at Nine Zero. Should have stayed at Nine Zero this weekend too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Memebuffins2013
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Mary -

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your Revere Hotel and Emerald Lounge experience. We are delighted that you were so impressed with the service and comfort levels of the hotel, and take your feedback concerning the service ar Emerald very seriously. The General Manager of Emerald has used your review as a training tool to make sure our service is on point and seamless for every single guest.

I enjoyed speaking with you on the phone and appreciate that you gave me the opportunity to apologize in person.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at the Revere Hotel for one evening. This hotel is a gem in every way - location, price, customer service, cleanliness, and amenities. The contemporary style decor works very well in the common areas as well as the guest rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the Revere for 4 nights and loved it! Spacious room, great service and location could not be better. We only went to the bar once (Rustic Kitchen) but the ambience was nice and service really good. Highly recommend the hotel.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel was very clean, room was big and staff wonderfull. The lobby had a nice gingerbread house witch was pretty. The room was always very clean, bed and pillows very very nice. The only thing that I can complain about is the small bathroom but very beautifull.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hugrun H
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel was just perfect for a week-end get away. The location couldn't have been better, right on Boston Common- Freedom Trail was right there, easy walk to everything, Faneuil Hall, North End, shopping etc. Hotel itself was recently updated and the room was surprisingly big for a city hotel. Everything was clean and had a modern flare. Will definitely stay at this hotel again. Breakfast in the hotel was good but ridiculously expensive so we'll skip that on the next trip. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colletteg1
Reviewed December 11, 2013

What a find in Boston!! I had a work event and needed a room for the night - this hotel is spotless and stylish. The lobby is phenomenal and the rooms are absolutely incredibly. Very spacious, tons of storage, and unbelievable clean. The beds and pillows are perhaps the most comfortable Ive ever encountered in my travels and the staff from beginning to end were so very pleasant. Ordered room service and it was delivered within 30 minutes - and the tray was gone almost immediately after I left it outside the room. I cant emphasize enough...if you are coming to Boston, stay HERE!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business