“Great location”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Recently stayed here while visiting colleges with my son in Boston. We booked it twenty minutes before we needed it. It's a lovely boutique hotel. We were greeted on check in by very pleasant front desk staff who greeted us with champage because my son is under age they gave him sparlking cider. We had a room with two queens beds which was very spacious with a balcony. The room was very modern and everything seemed brand new. The location couldn't be beat. We were surrounded by all the best restaurants and one block from the theatre district. The walls are thin but we stayed the Friday night before the Red Sox parade and only once woke up to some voices in the hallway in the middle of the night. Really not a big deal. Parking is expensive at $40 but that is the average price in Boston for hotel parking. On the same street there was a parking garage for $28 for 24 hours so you have other options. Next day we were visiting BU so we were a little concerned about driving there with the parade and all and so many streets closed off so when I mentioned this at the front desk she validated my parking ticket until 7:00 that same evening which was really a big plus for us. Also gave us maps and advise on the best way to get to BU. Would definitely stay here again and got a great price on Expedia.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view and you do have a balcony so it would be nice to have a nic...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank my4boys
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

my4boys, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! Hopefully you will be visiting your sons often and will come back and stay with us at the Revere! Please feel free to contact me directly if you need assistance with your reservation!

jvingi@reverehotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,293)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I booked this trip to be our first night away from our 18 month old son. We were looking forward to walking around Boston and sleeping in (I love my son, but he wakes up like clockwork at 5AM - plus it took him 18 months to understand sleeping through the night). Needless to say, were just wanted to get a good night sleep and sleep in on a Sunday morning.

This didn't happen. The hotel was wonderful BUT we were given a room with an adjoining door and you know you can hear everything through that door! So our neighbor decided to play Hip Hop until 5AM. We did call the front desk and ask to be moved but were told the hotel was full. The front desk said they would talk to our neighbor but I don't think that happened or if they did the neighbor just decided to ignore them. So no sleep for us - which was one of the main reasons to get away. It's not often parents find someone to watch their kid overnight. The other problem we had was that the bed was a sleep number bed - BUT we didn't find this out until the morning AFTER we had already slept in an incredibly uncomfortably firm bed. It would have been nice to have been told this at check it.

Otherwise, the hotel was really nice. It has a European feel but the rooms are more spacious than the rooms you find in Europe. The bathroom had a large soaking tub and more body product to choose from than I've seen anywhere. There was champagne for us on arrival and despite a lot of people checking in at one time, they moved pretty fast. The hotel itself is just a short walk from Boston Common and the shops on Newberry St. We ate breakfast at the hotel in the morning and it was very good with hot and cold options (beware they add 18% gratuity to your bill automatically). If we could be guaranteed a non-adjoining room we would return.

Room Tip: Check out the sleep number bed before you turn in for the night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Revere Hotel Boston Common is nicely located in the heart of downtown. I took the metro from the airport, got off at Arlington, and walked 3 blocks to the hotel. When I checked in I was offered a glass of champagne by the very friendly staff. My room was large and well appointed in the ways you would expect a hotel of this level to be, so I have no complaints or criticisms. The room also included free wifi which I always appreciate. Around the hotel are a number of very nice--also expensive--restaurants, but if you turn right out the hotel door you walk to Boston's Chinatown and there are many affordable restaurants in that area. Overall I recommend the Revere Hotel when you visit Boston.

Room Tip: Nice view from higher floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Har45, thank you so much for you 5 STAR review! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Recently stayed here for a girls weekend. Our first time in Boston & we loved it. The staff were helpful, the rooms perfectly clean & comfortable & in a central location. Would highly recommend to Boston visitors.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

simlid, thank you so much for your review! Hopefully we will be seeing you back soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I would like to thank for their good service and nice hotel. The breakfast was very good too and the service priority everywhere we come :) we are very pleased with the service and we think we coming back after a year and most of this hotel, my neighbors are coming to Boston in February 2014, I recommended by your hotel but actually did not know what it would cost them because they are going and will probably four nights, at least then I recommend you 150% :) thanks so much for us

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hulda1, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! Please let me know if I can do anything for your neighbors when the come to Boston! It will be my pleasure to assist!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rever Hotel, Boston, MA. The rooms were clean and modern, the staff was friendly and helpful. They served Champaign at check-in. The hotel is located in a good neighborhood, walking distance to Mass General Hospital, and Charles Street with boutique shops, Boston Commons, Boylston St. Etc and the Theater district.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Confortable room, free-inretnet access, I could relax my stay in Boston. After the business meetings, I want to relax, avoid noisy crowed place though I am familiar with, in Tokyo.
In a walking distance from the hotel, there are nice wine & cheese shop, cuisine shop facing 31st James Ave. As all nice restaurants were crowded in Friday night, it was much better to enjoy at the confortable room in the hotel. I recommend to try a local beer named "MYSTIC" brewered in MT, bottled like champagne, you can buy at Bacco's Wine & Cheese Shop.

Room Tip: I always beg " As I am Japanese, I need a bathtub. Any small room is fine for me if only with b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 猫さえいれば幸せ

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! Its great to read you experienced so much of our hotel and Boston! Hopefully we will be seeing you back soon!