“Absolute luxury, the very best staff...”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I spent our 38th wedding anniversary in New Hampshire and Massachusetts visiting family and watching the fall colors come out in the trees. To top of our perfect vacation/anniversary, we decided to splurge and stay at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. What a great decision that turned out to be. The staff are all so friendly, from the bell hops to the front desk to the smiling housekeeping staff. Especially helpful to us were Belinda (since moved next door to the Emerald), Ceshada, Claire, Mumin Romy and Tim (night manager) and our housekeeper. Always with smiles they helped us out at every turn! A better stay we could not have had. The room was beautifully appointed, the bed was so comfortable, the pillows were perfect and the area was central to Boston Commons, Gov't Center, Freedom Trail, Fanuiel Hall, Beacon Hill, Boston Aquarium and so much more. Just 2 street crossings to Charles St. and Boyelston. I will never stay anyplace else when I spend time in Boston again. 5 Stars all the way!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 22nd floor facing the Prudential building and had a fantastic view of everything I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Revere Hotel Boston Common

Reviewed October 3, 2013

When I saw that the hotel was called the "Revere," I was expecting staff in tricorner hats and a Colonial feel. Nothing could be further from reality - the hotel has been completely modernized and boasts a cool, sleek asthetic. My room was very comfortable and spacious and the common areas were trendy and clean. Internet was included, which is important to me. The meals I had there were extremely well presented. Service was great. The area is a little hard to navigate by car due to Boston's confusing one-way system, but that isn't the hotel's fault. I attended an event here and they seem well set up for corporate functions. And the glass of prosecco I was offered at the front desk as they were checking people in was a very nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at the Revere Hotel for four nights, September 27-October 1. The location of the hotel is great--not far from the Commons, in the theater district, near restaurants and the T. When we arrived, there were a number of people working at the front desk and only one other couple was checking in, yet it took awhile before we were greeted and checked in. The woman who checked us in was not particularly friendly although we were upgraded to a junior suite. The suite is nice because there are two rooms, two balconies, two TVs. As noted in other reviews, the balcony is a narrow concrete slab, nice for standing on to look at the view, but not a place to hang out.

The bed in our room was very soft in spots, but not all over. Although there was a control for a sleep number bed, the control didn't do anything. There were only two small lights in the bedroom, both far from the closet, which made it difficult to see anything in the closet. The free Internet was a plus. The bathroom was fine, but I would have preferred a bit more space and a bit more counter space.

Our biggest complaint was that when we returned to our room after being away for over eight hours one day, our door was open, propped open by the security bar on the back of the door. Luckily everything was intact and I imagine this was an unintentional mistake by the cleaning crew, but it was very worrisome. I immediately called the front desk who had security contact me. Both parties were concerned and said they would look into it. I had asked about some type of compensation, and when we returned from dinner that night, there was a note from the front desk manager apologizing and giving us vouchers for two free breakfasts at the Rustic Kitchen. While the breakfast was very good, I'm not sure this was enough compensation for what could have been a very bad situation.

On the positive side, almost all the employees we interacted with were very nice, especially the concierge who was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Although we were on the 11th floor, there was an amazing amount of very loud street noise on Saturda...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrownBalto
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed with my wife for 3 nights. Arrived early for check in, no problems room was ready ( missed out on the free glass of champagne on check in though). Rooms are nice and housekeeping really good. Position is good easy walk to boston common and theatres. Hop on hop trolley stops right out side. We drove into boston using sat nav no problems. Valet parked $50 a day not cheap but parking in Boston seems expensive. Rustic kitchen restaurant part of the hotel is an easy choice for dinner and the record their Emmy winning cooking show there on Fridays. Not cheap hotel but would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Easy walk to Fenway Park, Boston Commons & Back Bay Station. Room was a good size, sheets good quality and the beds were comfy. It was nice to have a balcony and get some fresh air. Bathroom was small but workable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I don't even know where to start. This hotel was fantastic from start to finish and truly turned our trip around (flight was a disaster). As soon as we arrived, Jennifer was on hand with a much needed glass of champagne. The guys outside went out of their way to flag taxis down and help us decide on places to visit. Tim gave up his pin for us! :) ha! Richard gave us a recommendation for a restaurant, called and made reservations for us and walked us outside to give us clear directions. Hotel room was fantastic - LOVE the shampoos, soaps. Beds were VERY comfortable. Everything was spotless. I wish the Rooftop at the Revere would have been open, but we were a couple weeks out of season. Definitely going to go back for that sometime. Dined in the Rusty Kitchen - DELICIOUS and reasonable. Décor was beyond beautiful. Hotel smelled divine - like a spa. Every time we walked in, it was instant relaxation. Emerald lounge was one of the most fun bars I have ever been to in my life. THANK goodness it's right on site, because I wouldn't have been able to drive home from that one. SUPER FUN. Bartenders were a blast and the people we met were so wonderful. I LOVE BOSTON (this was my first experience) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a spectacular view of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank disneybound2012
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

disneybound2012,
Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW! You are great with remembering names, wow!
Im glad you had such a great time while you were with us! Next time please join us during the summer so you can experience the Rooftop @ Revere we have some pretty awesome things instore for next year and we cant wait to share it with all of our guests!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have a seminar at the Revere Hotel so naturally I want to book a room there. Twice I have tried and been put through to this national center where people were so rude. They refused to answer questions about the hotel or transfer me to anyone that would know. Each person I spoke to claimed to be the highest manager there. Must be a place where people are miserable and poor attitudes are acceptable. I was just way too leery to make the reservation. I will look for a nearby hotel and walk back and forth instead of the risk of such a bad experience, poor standards and obviously poor management.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business