“Saturday Stay”

Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Saturday Stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed at The Revere with some friends on a Saturday night. I arrived at the busy check-in hour of 3pm and only had a wait a few moments for the valet to take my car. He was very friendly and the champagne at check-in was a treat! After reading the other reviews on this site, I am pleased to report I encountered no wait for the elevators. That problem must be a weird timing thing because I did not have to wait at all during my stay.

We had a suite with an adjoining room and both were stylish as well as comfortable. Also, even more important, it was clean. I'm a stickler for bedding and The Revere's was very nice and well-fitted. I hate walking into a hotel room and seeing a sloppily made bed! The bathroom in the suite was on the smaller side but both were very clean and the bath products were lovely.

Before going to dinner, we had drinks on the rooftop deck. You can't beat the scenery and location. Our waitress was very attentive and, even though she was busy, took time out from her work to take some pictures of us. After dinner we returned for drinks and dancing at the hotel's Emerald Lounge. The drinks were good, the DJ was fun and we had a great time.

When I go away, I first look for cleanliness in a hotel room (beds, floors, bathrooms). After that, I like to feel not only comfortable but also a little pampered and special. I gave The Revere 5 stars because it looks upscale and trendy but the people working there made it welcoming and friendly. A perfect mix to me!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Stephanie W, thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay at the Revere Hotel! I love reading reviews just like yours, thorough and to the point! Im so glad your stay exceeded your expectations! We hope you come back soon and enjoy the city of Boston! Please contact me directly when it comes time to book your reservation it will be my pleasure to assist anyways I can!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manger
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location and tasteful rooms with lots of detail. There is a reading chair with unique lamp, work desk with appropriate "office chair", art on the walls,...
At checkin, ask for a glass of champagne - quite a civilized way to wait for your key to be made. The roof top bar is an attraction for the party crowd, there is also an indoor swimming pool at this level.
This reservation was a 'blind' booking, so had no idea about the exact hotel name at the time it was booked. Price was OK (significantly below list).
Very upscale hotel, would happily find it revealed again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
windsor, ont
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I just recently stayed at the Revere Hotel in Boston. From the hotel services, staff, and special upgrades, this hotel has it all.. I highly recommend the in house restaurant called "Rustic kitchen" for dinner.. good atmosphere and great food.. For lunch, go to "Abby Lane" on Treemont street just a short walk from the hotel..The concierge are very helpful with directions and any other questions that you may have..Make sure you take advantage of the pillow menu, beds are comfy too..The rooftop bar was nice but found the drinks too pricey..
We did the Segway tour which was fun,but one hour is plenty.. (feet got sore from standing too long). Trolley tour is a must and a cruise along the harbour was nice.. I'd recommend the Go Boston card to take advantage of all these attractions. You pay a set price but includes dozens of attactions..Everything is within walking distance from the hotel, although I would recommennd taking the subway to Fenway...Visit Italy north if you like italian food...There are many restaurants to choose from, great atmosphere a night.. Fanull market is vibrant with entertainment,food and displays throughout. Great bars are around that area including Cheers. Boston was a great time and would highly recommend to anyone....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Connecticut
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband, son & I, arrived at the Revere around noon... even though it was before the 3pm check-in, they had a room ready for us. (I have read other reviews saying the hotel smelled like a dirty foot (or worse... vomit) I am happy to report the 9th floor was stink free! The lobby is modern and marble, the people at Check In were super friendly. While one person looked up my reservation I eavesdropped on the other worker's conversations (they WERE right in front of me) the concierge was saying that it was going to be a busy weekend. They had 1 birthday and 2 anniversary reservations...and I commented that it was my birthday too! The concierge serenaded me with a rousing version of 'It's your birthday..we're gonna party like it's your birthday" so that was fun. So with check-in complete we made our way to our room. The room was clean and the furniture was modern. My 5 year old loved the furry throw...for a mere $300 we could have taken it home. The bed linens were nice, the towel were fluffy, Frette robes in the closet, a nice selection of lotions, shampoos and body washes..because sometimes...you want to be minty fresh and not smell like a mango. We left the room to head out to the New England Aquarium. After a fun day spent touring the city we returned to the hotel. What a nice surprise was waiting for us...I can only call it a birthday party on a tray! The hotel had delivered a chocolate cake (yummy) and a 4 divider bowl containing some M&Ms, Goldfish, Snack Mix and the cutest little mini gummie bears I've ever seen. So nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 8, 2013

First of all, the hotel is conveniently located approximately one block from the Boston Common and a T stop in the Theater District making it a good base if you don't have a car or don't want to deal with the Boston traffic. The rooms are large (particularly for Boston standards) and comfortable and were at least $50 a night cheaper than other hotels in the area. In addition, the rooms have balconies that can provide you with some fresh air and nice views of the state house. Check in and check out were smooth and they also handled any additional request I had with courtesy and professionalism. I didn't have the long elevator waits that other reviewers mentioned but I didn't experience the hallway sauna on the 23rd floor that was previously mentioned. Thankfully I didn't spend much time in the hallway. Since that was the only minor glitch I experienced, this might be my new hotel of choice when traveling to Boston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Maine
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a wonderful 3 days in Boston and the Revere Hotel was part of the reason. Rooms and public areas clean lines, bright but very welcoming. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to be of help and had just great attitudes, they liked where they worked which makes the guest experience that much better. The beds and pillows made for a wonderful nights sleep, wish I could have transported them home with me. Would absolutely stay here again, terrific central location.

1 Thank beth51Portland_Maine
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Boston. The Revere Hotel lobby is designed in marble. Upon entering the lobby there is a crisp smell of white tea, which I liked very much. After being here for 3 days the smell was a bit much. I found out it was coming through the AC vents. The elevators are very slow and on our 1st day, a couple and their 2 small children got stuck in the elevator for over 10mins. Evidently they do not run the AC in the halls bc it was very hot when we got out of the elevators to go to our room. We had 2 queen beds which were comfy and average size bathroom. The balcony is made of all concrete & there are no chairs to sit. The hotel is pretty close to the train and is within walking distance to everything we planned. We met 4 people in concierge John, David, Tom and Richard! These guys made our trip! They are very knowledgable & helpful. The hotel bill had to be adjusted bc someone took it upon themselves to add 2 days of garage parking at $46/day! We didn't have a car! Read your invoice carefully at checkout!!!! David in concierge took my bill and had it adjusted for me.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel