“OK hotel - great concierge”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“OK hotel - great concierge”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for a few nights with my father on a sightseeing trip.
Overall the hotel was fine - a great location for sightseeing. My main concern was that the renovation appears to have been done slightly on the cheap. The bulky air-conditioning unit in the room was noisy and appeared old. Whilst I'm sure replacing to a more modern air-con system is expensive it did let the room down.

On a positive note, the concierge (whose name I wrote down but managed to lose on the way home) was fantastic. His range of recommendations on 2 nights gave us plenty of choice and both places we selected were spot on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank UK-James72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our whole family enjoyed this place. It was convenient to get around the city, and had great amenities and employees. It's a quick walk to Boston Common and about 5-10 minutes to two different T stations.

At check-in the adults in our group were given a glass of champagne. We arrived around 1:00 p.m. and they had a room ready, which we appreciated. The front desk staff were helpful if my husband was scouting out directions or seeking advice on restaurants.

The room was decent-sized with two queen beds. Some reviews mention the beds are Sleep Number; however, I found the bed too firm for my taste, and I never did see a control of any kind so I could change it. The bathroom was small, but functional, and had lots of nice amenities that many other hotels don't have such as q-tips, cotton balls, and a lighted make-up mirror. The room also had a balcony and free wifi. The only thing our room lacked was a small fridge, but I think some rooms have them according to the hotel website. The safe was large enough to hold our ipad, kindles, etc. but couldn't fit a laptop. Another thing we liked about the room was the moveable reading lights on the side of the bed.

We had one breakfast and also a light meal at Rustic, which is attached to the hotel. The service was fine, but the food was just OK. As far as restaurants in the immediate area, there is a Legal Seafoods which we ate at and wouldn't recommend. There is also a California Pizza Kitchen and Dunkin Donuts on the next block. There is also a 7-11 nearby to get waters and snacks to keep in the room.

The kids used the pool once and enjoyed it, even though they reported it was pretty cold. Overall, we would stay here again if visiting Boston.

2 Thank wink123
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Walking distance to many restaurants and also stop #19 for the trolley. My only complaint about the hotel was the room service. We tried ordering a bottle of wine one night and placed our order via phone with the room service attendant. She called back 10 minutes later asking what wine we wanted again. She then called back 10 minutes later saying they were out of the wine we wanted. By the end of our conversation, we cancelled our bottle as it wasn't worth the 30 minute wait. The next night, we attempted again, but with a different bottle of wine. Still took 30 minutes to bring up to our room and the pumpkin cheesecake tasted nothing like pumpkin. I would recommend stopping at a convenience store or grocery store if you will be needing any snacks into the evening.

1 Thank Emily H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My colleague and I were greeted at check in with a glass of champagne (as were all the other guests). The rooms were terrific, hip, and comfortable. The staff, from check in to housekeeping, were friendly and helpful. The location is terrific with great restaurants around the corner and across the street. I look forward to my next trip to Boston and my stay at The Revere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ann O
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Ann O, thank you so much for your 5 Star Review! We love to read about how much our guests have enjoyed their time with us! I welcome you back to the Revere Hotel soon! Please feel free to contact me directly with any special requests you may have! It will be my pleasure to assist!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very modern and clean. The roof terrace and pool is very pleasant as well, there is a bar and you are able to get some light snacks there too, whilst looking over into back bay. The only slight ache I had was that the pool was indoors. Nethertheless, the doors opened wide and it is covered by glass, so it doesn't have that indoor pool feel. The rooms are absolutely huge! And the balconies offer fantastic views. I got a fantastic nights sleep in the plush large bed. The television has many channels, so you are not short of entertainment. There is a BBC service so I was not deprived! The coffee machine makes very nice coffee and the room comes with a desk and a chez longue chair. There was also an iPod dock which would have been fantastic if I still had my old iPhone with the 30 pin connector, but it wouldn't work with my iPhone 5's lightning connector. However it is helpful if you oh brought one adapter (if you are not from the US) and you can charge your devices at the same time. The location is good too, near the park and swan lake. It is also near Legal Seafoods which is and absolutely amazing seafood restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Flyer19348
Will H, thank you so much for your review! We hope you return soon! In regards to your iPhone 5 charging station; we understand technology is always changing and we pride ourselves with our ability to anticipate our guests needs. So in addition to each guest room having an iHome compatible with the iPhone 4/4S, our Front Desk conveniently has an assortment of chargers and adapters available to purchase (to use during their travel and to take home after) if a guest has an iPhone 5 or any other type of cellular device! Again thank you so much for your review and hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com
Oak Ridge, NJ
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here from Fri to Sat and found the rate to be reasonable. The hotel itself is fairly modern and the location is center to everything. Tons of bars and clubs downstairs if you are into that. All rooms had balconies and we were lucky eenough to get the 18th floor - the view was great. The room is not huge but enough space for two couples. The balcony made up for it. Some negatives: horrible water pressure in the shower, no fridge in the room, and the AC was broken. Another negative, hotel guests still have to pay a daily rate for parking. Which in my opinion should be included in the room price. There is also no complimentary breakfast. But you do get a glass of champagne when checking in. awesome local bar nearby - Intemission. PJ the bartender is great and the food is delish.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TravelBug1692
Kent England
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was to be the last on a two and half week tour around New York New England and Canada.We deliberately choose what we hoped would be a good hotel as we knew we had red eye flights home. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived at 2.30 so we went for a walk and came back at three. we were travelling with friends whose rooms were ready but ours still wasn't. we sat for over an hour waiting whilst other clients were given champagne and shown to their rooms. Eventually my husband asked and found our rooms were ready but no one had told us. We were not offered an apology or the champagne! After an hour and shower I went and spoke to the Concierge about the service we had received., He was mortified and within an hour had come and given us complementary coupons for breakfast which was very good.The hotel itself looks great and has lovely bathrooms with very good toiletries and superb beds. There is an iphone dock which has great sound. If there had been no trouble with the check in this would have been a five star review. The answer is, I expect, to see the concierge the minute something goes wrong rather than waiting. Thank you Richard for rescuing the situation for us.