“well located, comfortable hotel”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just finished a stay at the Revere hotel. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, and air conditioned. Unfortunately, for some reason the hallways are not. This is not a big deal as you spend little time in the halls but it made the air very stuffy. Every room has a balcony, and the beds are incredibly comfortable. I felt very at home. There is a veritable cornucopia of quality bath products provided. There is also a coffee maker with ceramic and "to go" cups if you need to take your coffee with you. These were all really nice touches.
The location is excellent. Boston is a very "walkable" city if you are centrally located. We only took the T (their public transit system) once the whole time (because we were in a hurry), and we visited Fenway Park, the Harbor, the North End, Newburry St., Copley Place, Boston Common, and most of the Freedom Trail.
The only issue we had was related to housekeeping. We returned to our room after walking around much of the day at 3:30pm and our room had not yet been cleaned. We wanted to relax and take a nap, but didn't because we were worried housekeeping would come by. They did come by at 4pm, and we ended up killing time up on the rooftop (which was very nice). Later that night (around 9pm), someone else from housekeeping walked into our room while I was watching tv. Not a big deal, but fairly odd.
Overall this is a lovely hotel in a great location.

1  Thank atrmt

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This will be a bit of a repeat from others. Its a very nice hotel. The room is large enough and the toiletries are fabulous. Beds, pillows and linens are top notch. Consierge David was excellent with a couple of very good recommendations.
On the negative side, the elevators on the Sat. night we were there, became a big bottle neck and yes there is a nightclub on the terrace which caters to the "beautiful people". (Or at least those who think they are) which adds to the problem.
So my advice is to book this hotel, especially if you're in Boston during the week.

Room Tip: Stay in the lower floors if possible to avoid the elevators
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just recently stayed for Friday and Saturday nights at the Revere. Boston hotels are getting rather pricey and each night with an AARP discount was under $300.00. Parking added $40.00 to the nights stay. The decor was fine and it was nice having an open balcony to go out onto. I'm not clear from reading other reviews, but between non working elevators, air conditioning that wasn't working in the hallways and very slow check-in experience, it didn't seem like my timing for a stay was all that good. The two bright spots were the glass of champagne during the extremely slow check-in and the very personable concierge. Even leaving was an issue. The staff had to help me find the right elevators to get to the parking garage and then there was difficulty using the card that was provided to get out of the parking gate. Someone had to come to assist in getting the gate to go up.
The location can't be beat. There is a Starbucks, 7/11 and Duncan Donuts less than a block away and the hotel has easy access to two different subway stops. The theater district is close by, as well as the commons.

1  Thank beachbumLongIsland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great hotel. Modern and very clean. Rooftop bar/pool was nice. Location near park/Boston Commons. Surprised we had a balcony - very nice view of the city. Wish we could have stayed near the harbor, but WAY too pricey. Might splurge next time to be closer to the water.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived for a family vacation in the middle of a hot, busy June week. We chose the Revere for its convenient location to Boston's historic city center and we were not disappointed. They have an excellent location. We were greeted warmly and efficiently on arrival and enjoyed a complementary glass of champagne. We also enjoyed dinner at the Rustic Kitchen.

The trouble began in the elevator. The doors would sometimes fail to open properly, and one time we thought we were going to have one of those "stuck in the elevator" movie moments. After a long, hot, busy day of sightseeing the next day, we were disappointed to come home to a room that had not been cleaned. We didn't get back to the hotel until after 6 pm! The staff graciously sent us a complementary split of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

We tried to enjoy the rooftop bar, but it is definitely NOT appropriate for families. Bikini clad waitresses and heavily drinking younger adults abound. We also didn't realize that the hotel boasts a night club that is FULL of the 20 something party crowd and the music was thumping until late into the night. Also, the elevators were full of drunken young adults when we returned from a late dinner.

Other cons: loud inefficient a/c, lumpy bed and loud elevator made sleeping difficult.

I'm sure if you are looking for a younger, nightclub type atmosphere, this is the hotel for you! Families be warned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AAdkisson
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel has been completely renovated...very nicely done. We stayed Saturday night. The staff are all extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and modern. This hotel is in the perfect location for theatre, Fannuiel Hall and many restaurants.
We were celebrating a 70th birthday and the staff delivered a chocolate cake and bucket of champagne to our room, very thoughtful... shout out to Bridget and Jenna!! Valet staff were great.
We had a slight problem with noisy neighbors, but one call and security came right up and settled everything down, very impressive.
The only real complaint we had was the extremely slow elevators, when this property was the Radisson it had the same issues, disappointing this can't be resolved, I have stayed at larger hotels and had no problems with elevators.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marsha C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had to stay one night for a business trip and found the service to be terrible. The ladies at the front desk did a great job of chatting with each other, while ignoring me. When they finally got to me, I had the sense I was deeply inconveniencing them. When I called to get help with my bags the next day, the bell desk was never informed of my request. The room was average and the pump soaps and shampoos reminded me of the YMCA. Not what I would expect. I would avoid this destination. It is definitely NOT the 4 stars some sites give it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your comments. I apologize that the service you received was not the four diamond service we pride ourselves in providing to our guests. I will make sure to bring up your concerns with the Director of the Front Office. Since we are a green hotel, we chose to dispense our Skoah bathroom products in large pumps instead of providing mini plastic bottles. Many of our guests really enjoy our Skoah products and frequently purchase them to bring home.

Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience, as I would like to discuss your experience with you personally.

Warm Regards,