“Look elsewhere”

Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
new york
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked and paid a month in advance for 2 queen with fridge. At checkin were told they had no rooms with a fridge left and their solution was to give us a room without and refund the price of the fridge. When told not good enough they found a room with fridge without explanation.

Room was OK. Beds were hard as a rock. Curtains did not close fully somwoken by morning light.

Room was for 4 people but coffee etc. was for 2.

Doors to balcony were dirty. Balcony had no furniture.

Pool was heated but not quite enough. Hallway from elevator to pool was freezing.

At basically, $300 a night I expected better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely modern hotel, within walking distance from everything. Real boutique feel with a great restaurant which is very friendly if you are travelling on your own. Champagne on arrival whilst checking in is a lovely touch. The real shame about this hotel was that the service was not great. I was there on a 3 night break and had to have my room key re-activated every day (perhaps they had computer problems?). And my room was never made up properly - to the point that one day I thought it had not actually been made up because my room service tray from the night before was stll in my room. Would I give this hotel another try, yes absolutely. Would they get a 3rd chance, I'm not so sure. So fingers crossed, my 2nd stay will be a better one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Im so sorry to hear about some of the discrepancies in regards to your stay. Like most hotel keys if they are kept by a cell phone or other credit cards they easily can be deactivated, our Director of Front Office has made this one of his top priorities to resolve. In regards to the housekeeping concerns, this is truly not acceptable and I have escalated it up to my Director of Housekeeping. However I am happy to hear you are willing to return! Please contact me directly so I can see to it that everything exceeds your expectations.

Naples
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We attended a wedding Memorial Day Weekend and the reason we chose the Revere was the reviews repeatedly mentioned the staff. The staff seemed '' genuine'' and not suck up '' phoney friendly '' like some of the hotels we recently stayed at. We enjoy a hotel that hires nice people not people who can act nice. Some nice people: Joe front desk, Tom valet, John concierge and Emerald Lounge: Josh, Margaret and hostess ( Biotec '' still single '' lady) sorry brain freeze on name and a friendly Country Kitchen staff. Thank you, David and Sandra

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Unionville, Connecticut
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Here are the things I liked:
-The sleep by number beds. One of the beds in the room was broken, but the other worked fine.
-The decor. Pretty update and modern
-The location. Walking distance to everything.
-The toiletries. There were a couple choices for shampoos and conditioners and they all smelled lovely!

Things I did not like:
- The balconies. I normally would love to sit out on a balcony, however their balconies were concrete, dirty and not very inviting
- The cleanliness. It was not the worst, but it could have been a bit cleaner.
- Parking. It was not included, and it was rather expensive. We ended up parking down the street for 1/2 the price.
While we received an overnight at The Revere as a gift, I do not think i would spend the money to come here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Kerrybryn23, thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us. Im so glad you enjoyed our variety of Skoah products available to you, we love giving our guests options when they are here! I am not sure if you had the opportunity to choose from our Personalized Pillow Menu? This menu allows our guests the ability to choose the type of pillows they prefer to sleep with from firm, plush, body pillows, neck pillows, the list goes on! It too is complimentary and is available in every room and to every guest. I am sorry to hear about you not liking our balconies, however we are one of the only hotels in Boston that has the ability to guarantee that every reservation that is made, that room will have a large balcony. Lastly in regards to parking, we offer both a self parking option and a valet parking option, in both cases the garage is adjacent to our hotel and is a quick and accommodating location for whatever parking option you choose. Being a city hotel our parking costs are one of the most affordable in the city, I invite you to come back, reach out to me directly, because we most certainly have a reservation package that includes the parking costs!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My Dad and I took a trip to Boston for the first time together. He researched extensively and came upon the Revere, and I couldn't be more pleased. The staff was top-notch and the service was exceptional. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable - they were kind enough to give us adjoining rooms without asking and helped us get a rental car delivered when we mentioned a day trip. The nearest subway (green line) is a short walk and the Boston Commons is just around the corner. They even have a lovely rooftop deck that I would have loved to enjoy in sunnier conditions. I'd absolutely stay again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here May 9-13, 2013 for a family sightseeing trip to Boston and everything was great. I highly recommend the Revere. When I go to a city for a first time, I always search for hotel ideas on Expedia (based on location, price, etc.) and then read their reviews on TripAdvisor to help me make my decision (and then I generally book straight through the hotel's website for the best price, which is what I did at the Revere). The reviews I read were spot on (great view from high floors, champagne when check in, etc.). The room was spacious and modern and the bathroom had plenty of amenities. We had requested a refrigerator which we didn't end up really using, so next time I'll just pick up a few drinks and put them in the ice bucket and not worry about it since they seem to be in short supply. The hotel is definitely within walking distance of tons of sights and restaurants. It is in the theater district and we only had to walk 1 block to a show one night. We also tried a variety of restaurants at night that were within walking distance, including an Irish pub, a sushi bar and Legal Seafood. There is a food court across the street with Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks and other places inside which is a cheaper option for breakfast. We never did eat at Rustic Kitchen or visit Emerald, but hopefully we can try them next time! All of the staff were friendly and helpful, including the concierge who booked our tickets with Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours (which I also recommend!). Only downsides were weird smell in lobby and the person who offered to call us when our room was available but didn't...but overall these were minor compared to all of the good things about the Revere. We enjoyed our stay immensely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to your next trip to Boston! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to set up your visit! I have informed my Director of Front Office about our Front Desk Agent not calling you when your room was ready, we always do our best to accommodate our early arriving guests, my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to hear from you soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The experience at this hotel starts with the minimalist lobby accented with cool artwork and architecture. You immediately feel like you are in the hippest hotel in Boston. The front desk staff members were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was spacious, with a modern design and flat-screen TV and balcony. Overall the room was cozy and quiet and felt new / newly renovated. One of the highlights was the restaurant downstairs off the lobby, called The Rustic Kitchen. Fabulous food and really great bar with craft cocktails. The club "Emerald" was also really cool, and attracts an interesting crowd. It's also a great location and you can easily walk everywhere. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for review! Hopefully you will join us again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are booking your next trip to Boston!