“A good couple of nights for an introduction to Boston.”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 23, 2013

On a recent trip of the East coast we stayed at the revere hotel for our Boston leg. It was a busy timne being St Patricks day weekend, We arrived in the morning after travelling overnight and though we couldn't check in which was understandable we were able to leave our bags and were free to explore. I have given the hotel four out of five mainly as i cannot comment fully on the facilities as we were out so much it really was just a base to sleep at night. As this is the case it would be unfair for me to judge the areas i did not use. so i will cover the areas we did use,

The check in:
the check in process was easy enough although a bit frustrating as we had already given the details in that morning. We were offered a drink which was welcome. we were offered help with our bags and the room location was explained clearly.

The bedroom:
Our room was a double and the decor was nice. The bed was comfortable and warm enough given the cold weather. The air con/heating system was easy to use and was adequate. the television was ok with the usual channels and we had no problems with using it. The tea/coffee making facilities were ok and the room safe was handy. The bathroom was spacious and had everything thatw as needed. The hotel has toiletries that are full sized and not for taking away there is a list of prices for reimbursement should you take them. I thought that was interesting as i would not have dreamt of taking anyhting but someone must have. Its there in black and white about the prices which makes things clear. The shower was warm with good water pressure and was fast to work.

Service:
I cannot comment fully on the staff service as we only really needed them at check in and out. However during these times they were helpful and and happy to be of service. They appeared friendly and eager to help us out when we needed them.

I cannot comment on the bar/restaurant or swimming pool as we did not use them and the only area i can comment on is the balcony area in comparison to the rest of the room and hotel let it down it was serviceable and clean but a little shabby due to the edgy look throughout the rest of the room. Not something that should ruin your stay though. Overall the location is great the service was good and the room had everything you need in it with a edgy look that suits the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scousemcmouse
There are newer reviews for Revere Hotel Boston Common

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I purchased a Living Social deal for the Revere Hotel to use as part of a theater outing to celebrate my husband's birthday. The location is wonderful - a short walk to many wonderful restaurants, the theater district, and a T stop. Our standard king room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable, but the best thing about the hotel was the customer service. At check-in, we were offered a glass of champagne, and I made an off-handed comment about this being a great way to begin my husband's birthday celebration. Within an hour, a hotel employee delivered a beautiful cake to our room with a card signed by the staff wishing my husband a happy birthday. What a wonderful surprise obviously initiated by the observant front-desk personnel! Every hotel employee we met inquired about our stay and offered assistance should we need it. The only negative thing about our stay was the very pronounced noise generated by the elevator shaft, which was next to our room. It sounded like there was a very strong wind blowing outside of the room every time the elevator moved. I am not sure what could be done to muffle this sound, but it was a bit annoying in the wee hours of the morning. I do hope they can remedy this problem because everything else about our stay was absolutely perfect! We will be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator shaft. The rooms on the higher floors have a wonderful view...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here 3/9 through 3/13 and I have no complaints. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. The Skoah products in the bathroom were wonderful. David Sargent, Chef concierge and his staff could not have been more helpful. Room was large, clean, modern as was the decor in the lobby. The location was perfect. Within two blocks (walking distance) you had a choice of very good restaurants. The concierge desk was able to book us in even on a Saturday night when we arrived and did not have reservations at Legal Seafood. I would recommend this hotel. I just didn't find a thing to complain about. I was on the 21st floor and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would like to thank the following people for making my 21st birthday a wonderful unforgettable affair. First and foremost John Hallet, was the most warm and welcoming concierge with such outstanding recommendations. The front desk manager Ann Marie Becker was very charming professional. Callie was a sweetheart and wonderful person. AJ and Phil car attendants took car of all of my belongs who handled my birthday cake as though it was gold. Guys you did a great job! I will be there for my 22nd birthday.

Room Tip: I would suggest the higher floors. Get a room with a balcony the view is to die for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Where to begin! Shortly after booking I emailed the hotel enquiring about a christmas tree for our room in februrary. David Sargent, the chef concierge took the idea and simply ran with it. Thinking up wonderful ideas including stockings and even putting a fake fireplace in the room to hang them! He framed photographs of us to add a personal touch to everything too.
Was this enough? Certainly not. The hotel, free of charge upgraded us from a standard room to a suite on the 21st floor to give us some living space. Even the Rustic Kitchen Bar manager Jayde got in on the act and shared some of her secret stash of tea bags for an afternoon tea and christmas pudding! Everybody at the hotel was friendly and went above and beyond with everything they did.
The hotel itself was beautiful, has a great location within walking distance to everything we needed and wanted to go to. We could quite honestly not say a bad thing about it. The shocking thing is the price. Compared to other hotels in the area this was the cheapest and that in no way reflects poorly on the quality and extremely high standards everyone holds themselves to. The next time we go back to Boston there is only 1 place we are staying at that is at the Revere. The review here does not to this place justice and we emplore you to choose the Revere as your home when you're in Boston.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary E
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Revere Hotel to celebrate his 30th birthday. The hotel was beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. The location was perfect - just a short walk to the T (subway system) and within walking distance of many restaurants, bars, and the beginning of the Freedom Trail. We also really liked the restaurant adjoining the hotel (Rustic Kitchen). We were a bit disappointed with the in-room wi-fi, however (we eventually turned it off on our phones because we were able to upload photos, etc. faster using our 3G wireless connection). Also the rooms were not very soundproofed (we could occasionally here toilets flushing in adjoining rooms, could hear every conversation in the hallway, etc.). Overall though, it is a wonderful hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great location, nice service. Wish they provided roll away bed - we would have booked a jr. suite with an extra bed for our small child instead of the premier queen room with 2 queen beds.

Although free, the wifi was painfully slow in the room.

Revere's common-sense approach towards being eco-friendly is worth noting - they use big bottle shampoo/conditioner instead of making guest fret over wet towels. They also did away with the mini bar and simply placed a vending machine on each floor.
All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family