“Lovely, clean, refined property in good location”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband & I scored a great deal on rooms at the Revere through Jetsetter.com. We were very pleased with our stay. We stayed one night on a Thursday and one night on a Sunday, both times on the 16th floor. We went during the Nemo blizzard and we found the hotel staff to be adequately prepared and very helpful. We loved getting a glass of champagne upon check-in! Our room was clean and high-quality. We loved the location of the hotel and it was an easy walk to meet our family for dinner nearby. Anytime we needed a cab, the hotel staff helped us flag one down.

The only downside was that we had reserved a King bed room for both stays, but we were given 2 Queens both times. We didn't spend too much time in the room so we didn't bother asking the front desk to fix this, but it would have been a perfect experience if the reservation was as expected without us having to ask for a change. Also, the door on room 1607 doesn't close unless you physically pull it shut, so when my husband left early in the morning and I was still sleeping, I had to get up and shut the door after he left because it didn't close behind him.

In addition, we would love to see more organic, healthy and gluten-free options on the menu for room service.

Overall, however, this was a delightfully luxurious hotel and we would absolutely return. Thank you!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderful boutique hotel with funky chic decor, excellent location and some of the best balconies in Boston.

My stay was a February birthday getaway. It would have been perfect if I had not been ocked out of my room soaking wet. Went swimming in the lovely pool. Hair wet, wearing sweats and flip flops (no locker room at pool), I return to my room and key won't work. Did the staff "key bomb" me hours after check-in?

Friends in the industry tell me this is the dirty little secret of the hotel world. Staff punish guests by deprogramming their key. If this happened, I am flabbergasted. I made no special requests and was polite at all times to the front desk staffed by someone named Mike at check-in.

Without a working key, I had to go to the front desk with my sopping hair and flip flops in winter to obtain a working key. A woman at the desk handled by request with a smile but no explanation.

On a better note, the location of The Revere is a perfect base for enjoying Boston. A Legal Seafoods is across the street, Starbucks down the block and MBTA station is a 5 minute walk. The price (around $179) is more affordable than the luxury waterfront hotels and the touristy areas of Faneuil Hall.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer balcony view of Boston Common, the golden dome of the statehouse and ocean view...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am sorry to hear about your key situation. I do not know this term “key bombing” but I want to be very clear how keys become deactivated. One way is that a key is demagnetized. Another is that the magnetic strip is faulty and may not hold the signal, the third is when a new key is programmed for the same room and consequently inserted in the lock, and this would override any prior keys that were made. Our Saflok key system does not just allow us to lock a guest out of their room remotely from the front desk. Again we apologize you had the issues with your key but I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Revere during the Blizzard of 2013. We could not have had a better weekend.

I went into the weekend hoping to propose, but the blizzard shut everything in the city down. The staff at the Revere and the Emerald Lounge took it upon themselves to make sure my girlfriend (fiance now!) had the special moment she deserved. I've never stayed anywhere where the entire staff was so helpful and friendly.

The location is great, the room was phenomenal, and food at the Rustic Kitchen (attached) was excellent. But there's nothing better than the staff and service.

The Revere will always be a special place for us, and I'm sure it will be for you too!

3  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night - clean and modern. I loved the make up mirror! Only downside was I could hear some kind of party going on in one of the rooms on our floor for ~20 minutes around 11PM, but I was tired so it didn't bother me too much. Also, it was Saturday night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a conference to go to at BCCA. I had a living social for this hotel. the service was good with champagne at the check in which was nice after a long drive. the rooms are very nice but we needed to ask for extra blankets. the hotel is close to the convention center and close to many restaurants. the check out time was 12 which is more convenient than 10 or 11 at many other hotels. there is a parking lot up the street which has reasonable overnight parking prices. breakfast was expensive

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SachelJoelecks
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great location, great staff, great rooms and despite being a man who rarely, if ever, would consider "moisturizing," I really liked the Skoah products in the bathroom. I would have purchased them for my daughters, but wasn't quite sure where they were sold.

The staff here are fantatsic and the service is friendly, helpful and immediate. I wil not be paying the freight at the big name hotels on the common - this one is a block away, closer to the theaters, equal or beeter in service and ambiance, and value for your money.

To quote the governator, "i'll be back."

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Buck B
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. It is great to hear how wonderful your stay was with us and how much you enjoyed our Skoah products. For next time you visit us, you can purchase the Skoah products at the front desk or at their location in the South End on Tremont Street. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Revere Hotel is fairly centrally located just south of Boston Common (Arlington Subway Station 2 minutes walk) within easy reach of the Amtrak South Station (less than ten minutes walk away). Big comfortable modern room with balcony, large flatscreen TV and cable channels, iPod dock, games controller and tea/coffee making facilities. Easy walking distance from "Cheers" bar) northside of Boston Common) and "Freedom Trail" to Bunker Hill. Would certainly stay again and recommend it. If in Boston with time available I would certainly recommend visiting the original "Cheers" bar, walking the "Freedom Trail" to the USS Constitution Museum ("Old Ironsides") and Bunker Hill Monument. Also (short) trips on the MBTA subway to Fenway Park for the Boston Redsox Tour, Harvard University, the Samuel Adams Brewery Tour (free) and even the 30 minute train-ride from the Amtrak North Station to Salem (for historical interest but NOT for the tawdry "witch" entertainment museum(s)!)

Room Tip: Certainly sounds like a good idea to avaid the top floor machinery noises!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian001

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our guestrooms and it sure sounds like you took advantage of our central location and were able to see many different attractions. We hope to see you again soon!